Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Glitch problem w/MM Brushless & RC10T4

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Miniwintz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitch problem w/MM Brushless & RC10T4

Hello everyone

I've got a Mamba Max 5700Kv Brushless system on my Associated RC10T4 Factory Team since last december. It works good, good power, good torque and good speed.

But I have a problem (since I have it), I get glitches on throttle when I go more than 20 or 30m away. Even further, steering still works nicely. If I use throttle when the car is more than 30m away from me, it moves randomly like "accelerating-braking-accelerating-reverse" without I can control anything but the steering.

I thought it was radio's, receiver's or Xtal's fault (Futaba 2PL), so I bought a complete Airtronics system. Unfortunately the problem still persisted []. -> $100 waste

There is a carbon chassis on the RC10T4, can it be the problem ? Why only after 20-30m away ?
Maybe the ESC produces negative waves ?

What do you think ?

Here's a picture of my truck

Thank you in advance.

Miniwintz

(Sorry for my poor English, I'm French and I found no help on French boards)
Old 09-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Josh222

Default RE: Glitch problem w/MM Brushless & RC10T4

There is the problem right there, AM radio with brushless is hard to do. I would try twisting the motor wires around each other and move the receiver forward more.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:35 PM
brushlessboy16

he got it perfect^^^ no AM
Old 09-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Miniwintz

Aww! Thank you sooo much for this very fast answer. I couldn't hope better.

Bye!!

Miniwintz
Old 09-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: Miniwintz

Aww! Thank you sooo much for this very fast answer. I couldn't hope better.

Bye!!

Miniwintz
All my am radios work perfectly with all my brushless system accept the mamba for some reason. I think it has somthing to do with how much power the mamba supplys to the receiver.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Slo-V Flyer

Well, before you jump to FM, know that even with my Futaba 2PL FM system, I still get glitching, about 30 meters away, but closer than that it is usually smooth. Mostly it happens with my Mamba Max esc if I touch the throttle, it will glitch left, right, etc. But if I leave it alone, the steering works perfectly. I guess like Takedown said, the voltage that the receiver gets from the Mamba may be to blame. BUT I've also run a seperate receiver pack with my Mamba when I use it in my E-Maxx, and I still get similar problems. I really wish I could figure it out.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:06 PM
x2o

Using a ferrite bead might help out a huge amount. The problem is since BL motors use so much more current than a regular set up, it throws off noise which interferes with the AM/FM radio frequencies. These beads are super cheap and you can buy em at a radio shack/other electronics stores.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrite_ring

I havn't tried this myself, but in theory it should work, and its worth a shot. I use brushed, so I don't have that prob yet.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:08 PM
XXT-CRer

my mambas glitched badly and i moved the rx to the front shock tower, far , far away from the batt and esc and it completely solved the prob.

it was happening on three trucks, mine, my bros, and my sons. did it to all, and worked on all of them. no more probs, NONE.

dont know about my novaks, they might have as well, but the rx were already moved, so i left them as they were. it did clear up some room for my transponders also
Old 09-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Slo-V Flyer

I already have my rx on the front of the chassis, as well as putting the battery backwards so the leads come out the back, but it didn't help much.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Big House

I thought that also...the AM thing, but that was not the case. My Mamba runs great on my AM radio and I run a 7700 and get this...with a high torque servo. The glitching comes from the power, or lack there of...
Old 09-14-2007, 11:03 PM
NitroNuisance

I have the same problem. I plan on getting the Spektrum DX-3 to work with my Rusty and my t-maxx. The synthesized 2.4 ghz radio should eliminate this problem. If you only need it for electric's you could get the DX-2 and save yourself $50. or more. These radio's are awesome you never have to worry about being on someone elses frequency and there is tons of adgustments. I also likt the fact that the antenna is 3" long and can even be shortened so you can tuck it under the body. Also braid the motor leads and shorten them if you whant then twist the battery leads. This helps a little, but a 2.4 ghz synthesized radio is what you need.