Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Cooling fan strange wiring problem

Old 09-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling fan strange wiring problem

Ok, I picked up a 12V fan from my local computer store and mounted it to my esc. Then I soldered the pos wire to one of the battery leads off of the esc and I soldered the negative wire to the other battery lead off the esc. When I plugged both batteries in, the fan did not come on. When I turned on the esc, the fan did not come on. When I took one wire off one side and soldered it to the other side, so that now both wires are soldered to the same battery lead off the esc, with pos and neg respectfully of course and now it works when I plug in the battery.
Why won't it work through the esc. I have read on another E-Savage web site forum that it was done this way.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:25 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: Cooling fan strange wiring problem

When I had my E-Savage I run the fan straight from the ESC.. under the sticker on top of the ESC is a plug.. you can run your finger over the top of the ESC and you can feel it just cut the covering off over it. I ran my fan from there and it worked like a charm.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Default RE: Cooling fan strange wiring problem

Thanks for the tip, I knew about the secret fan jack[sm=wink_smile.gif] but I wanted to use 14.4 volts to get more fan rpm. It's working pretty good off the one battery for now. At least I am getting 7.2 volts that way instead of 6v.