Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Problems with Wheels coming off

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Jatohulk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Wheels coming off

Hello everyone need a little help here please.. I was running my Savage X today and I have for tires and wheels these :Axial Oversize Terra-izers Tire and Axial 8-Spoke Oversize Wheel Chrome. Well I was having a blast and almost towards the end of the day left front wheel came off it was funny at first but I was driving fast and all of a sudden the left came off and the Savage X was skidding on it axle.. I found all the peaces the flang nut and the hub that holds the wheel to the wheel axle shaft. I tighten once more and I was running it and it came off again. I took a close look at the flang nut and it have little ridges like to hook on but the rim does not have this ridge as well to lock on but is this is the problem then why do the other wheel this does not happen only the left front wheel..

Thanks

Old 09-16-2007, 04:45 PM
weez440

Default RE: Problems with Wheels coming off

sometimes the locking flange can loose it's ability to hold it seems. what i do to all my trucks is i take lock tite and lock tite the nuts on. i had the same thing happen to my old t-maxx and i never did find the nut.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:21 PM
lee172

the only time i had a wheel come off was when i put a spacer between the wheel which caused the lock nut to not be tightened into the nylon portion properly.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:47 PM
ohgrfreak

That happens to me and my father constantly, we just live with it, we do so much maintenence it would be anti-benificial to use locetite. Somehow the nylon just fails to lock onto the threads, or at least lose its bite.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:29 PM
weez440

ohgr i take mine off alot to but if you use the blue lock tite you will find that it holds well and it is still easy to remove the nut.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:38 PM
ohgrfreak

I've used loctite on items, I keep a bottle in my pit box at all times, but having to reapply every time seems quite a waste. Besides, the wheels don't usually get a chance to come off before I either have to fix the truck or swap batteries, so I've learned to just tighten them all while I'm working on it.