Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Stampede Broke in 1/2 Agan :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Mekong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampede Broke in 1/2 Agan :(

So I hit a curb this time, the pede broke the chassis right where servo sits. The mount on the servo broke and so now I am wondering how can I remount my servo? I could JB weld it in there, but thats a last resort. Its a Hitec 645MG, do the sell replacement housing?

Well till I get replacement parts my pede is held together with super glue and duct tape lol
Old 09-16-2007, 11:09 PM
x2o

Default RE: Stampede Broke in 1/2 Agan :(

double sided tape might help?
Old 09-17-2007, 01:27 AM
wookie_racer
My Feedback: (8)

you can buy a replacement housing...tower might have it.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

645MG housings are easy to find on Tower. I'm just worried that there might be internal damage.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:04 PM
eddiebelanger
My Feedback: (1)

i have done that.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73607.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	764802  
Old 09-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Mekong

LOL exactly the same break!

So I am getting a Swami Bar, FLM extended fron A arms, FLM castorblock, and traxxas aluminum carriers. But what should I get to prevent that break?

I have considered a FLM chassis, but I would rather snap a 9$ plastic chassis then bend a 45$ chassis. Should I even bother with a metal bulkhead?

Any suggestions?
Old 09-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Hiaboo

I doubt you'd ever bend that chassis. Honestly. Cheap people pay more in teh long run than people who buy $ stuff to begin with
Old 09-17-2007, 07:11 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

I would just learn how to drive lol, I've been brushless for a month now and bash/jump and have only bent/backed out screws and pins.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Mekong

your gonna break alot more than that if you do the jumps I do! [sm=biggrin.gif]

1st time I broke it in half was trying a double back flip, under-rotated... Landing on asphalt is also very hard on any truck. Hard to find a good bashing spot in a urban city so my alley is best spot.

So I was wondering what on the front should I leave plastic, I think it would be best to leave the bulkhead or some part plastic so that if its gonna break it has some where it can before the metal bends, any ideas where would be best? I am guessing the bulkhead and front brace?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Lumpmister

I have done this same thing, but not a stampede a XXX-T w/a brushless setup.

Lukily the servo survived!

Oh and lets just say that you shouldn't hit a curb at full speed with one of these
Old 09-17-2007, 09:50 PM
azrhcp84

man you guys are hard on your rc's
Old 09-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Lumpmister

ORIGINAL: azrhcp84

man you guys are hard on your rc's
Hey @#% happens when your driving these fast cars. I have stopped bashing the XXX-T (it is now my race truck) and I bash a E-Savage now!
Old 09-17-2007, 11:44 PM
kavvika

Well now that everyone's sharing, I snapped the chassis on my RS4 MT yesterday. I was bashing at a local park and was "showing off" to a passerby who was extremely interested in getting into R/C. I had just dropped my new brushless setup in in earlier that morning. No pictures though, since my car is at home in pieces while I'm back at college for a month. I swear, that car tire came out of nowhere...
Old 09-18-2007, 12:13 AM
NitroNuisance

ORIGINAL: Mekong

LOL exactly the same break!

So I am getting a Swami Bar, FLM extended fron A arms, FLM castorblock, and traxxas aluminum carriers. But what should I get to prevent that break?

I have considered a FLM chassis, but I would rather snap a 9$ plastic chassis then bend a 45$ chassis. Should I even bother with a metal bulkhead?

Any suggestions?
Doesn't Fast-Lane replace their products free if you bend it or break it, you just pay shipping. Besides their products are quality so you probably wouldn't bend them. It would be worth not having to swap all the stuff from chassis to chassis every other weak. I'm getting the rustler extended chassis. I just got the bulk head, I also plan on getting the transmission case.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:16 AM
azrhcp84

maybe even try a carbon fiber chassis... mine is very solid... But i havnt really hit anything hard, nor do I go on any crazy jumps.... I would still bet money it is way stronger than stock....
Old 09-18-2007, 12:32 AM
NitroNuisance

ORIGINAL: Mekong

your gonna break alot more than that if you do the jumps I do! [sm=biggrin.gif]

1st time I broke it in half was trying a double back flip, under-rotated... Landing on asphalt is also very hard on any truck. Hard to find a good bashing spot in a urban city so my alley is best spot.

So I was wondering what on the front should I leave plastic, I think it would be best to leave the bulkhead or some part plastic so that if its gonna break it has some where it can before the metal bends, any ideas where would be best? I am guessing the bulkhead and front brace?
I think the bulkhead and the chassis would be fine aluminum. I have RPM a-arms to take the hits on my rusty. So far I have the Fastlane bulk and am ordering the chassis and tranny case. Yesturday I jumped the road in front of my house and hit the neighbors house on the bottom where it's brick. I'm talking about like 25' across the road and another 8' or so to the house. In order to do this I was going full throttle with a 25' driveway/runway up to the 3.5' launch ramp at the end. My Rustler has a Mamba Max 5700 running on Maxamps 3s 5000hv 20c lipo's. I don't have a gps or gun but I bet it does over 50. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen a rc car do. I really didn't even expect to make it across the road let alone go all the way to the house[X(]. Anyway I hit the house very hard as you can imagine and I hit the wall perfectly square and broke nothing. I couldn't believe it. I have the fastlane bulkhead and every suspension part is RPM as well as the shock towers. I have one of those fiberglass tie bar for added support. I'm not sure if the bulk made any difference but I think the rustler chassis are pretty solid. I think the fastlane one would be even stronger. I wish I had that on video but my wife has no interest in my rc cars so I have no one to record it. I have a tri-pod but it's boring to watch one spot, I tried that before.

Oh I suppose people whant to know how high it went! I bet it was at least 15' high. I'm not B.S.ing either.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:12 AM
Mekong

I wish RPM made wide arms, thats why I went with FLM, and I dont want to mess around with wide pede mods, nice to have a bolt on wide fix...

Im gonna try just the arms, carriers and steering blocks for now, save up some more cash and go for the chassis next time , maybe a some shock towers too...

Think I might convert to a rustler, lower CG, but really in the end same clearance