Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Got to take out the Rusty...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Alero2k4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got to take out the Rusty...

First off, to anyone who gets a vxl, the first thing you need to do is locktite the nuts for the wheels...DOH!!!! Second, I love these traxxas high current connectors. They are big enough and are textured so that you can actually pull them aparts : ). Third, the open part of the cover where it is cut away for the axle sucks. If you are gonna run in sand and or small rocks I would buy the RPM upgrade that is sealed (which I plan to order asap). Last, double check and maybe snug up the shock bodies just to be sure. I had both of the rear shock bodies come loose and leak some shock oil.

Now, I was still unsure what battery I was going to get so I just picked up a racer's edge 3600 NiCad so that I could at least play with the truck. This pack lasted alot longer than I ever expected....I would say I got a good 25-30 minutes of bashing off of this rather small pack. I also noticed that this pack is holding more than 3600 Mah, from the time it was on the charger last night I figure it was probably closer to 4200 Mah as I charged it at 2 amps and it was about 2 hours and 15 minutes of charging time.

My test bed was hardpack with aloth of loose very small gravel and the hill sides were very soft dirt both regular and a granular clay rather similar to sand. We are talking stuff so soft that the only thing that would dominate it was some paddles. I had a total blast and had no overheating issues obviously. The only problem I did have was that rocks got into the rear cover and some small small pieces ended up in the teeth of the spur which now sorta wobbles, but doesn't appear like it will be an issue as far as running. Overall this truck is a blast and it was a pretty good first run, I can't wait to get my 8 cell and go tear up the dirt!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:08 AM
snellemin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got to take out the Rusty...

Good to hear you had fun with you VXL. Upgrade to the big bores shocks when you can. You'll enjoy them more if you bash alot.