Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

rustler question

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 07:01 PM
mrbonez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rustler question

haven a problem with my rustler when i drive in dirt and hit the throttle (it's electrick spec19 reedy) it just spins side ways and does donuts
runs through the grass great, street is fine , but the dirt it just spins i loosen up the clutch and still once it grabs around we go like a marry go round LoL is it the diff ?? it tracks straight as far as the front goes and it even does fine with a titan in it but add the reedy and its a reedy go round again i dig the truck just hate'n it in the dirt any sugestions ?? peace
Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 PM
qtipofdeth

Default RE: rustler question

lol mine too, i have spent weeks trying to make it not do that... I really think its the tires.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:15 PM
mrbonez

man kinda takes the fun outa the dirt huh LoL did ya try different tires ??
Old 09-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Slo-V Flyer

Dirt is a low traction surface. What you're getting with the Reedy motor is probably more power or torque. So it lets the tires break loose and spin the truck around. That's normal. That's off-road. You might want to get better tires for dirt, maybe something like Gladiators or Crime Fighters or something like that, I'm no guru when it comes to tires. And btw, even if the diff was locked like a real off-road truck can do, you'd still spin out in dirt, because of the low traction.

Just get some good tires, and learn to manage the throttle, and counter steer as much as you can. That's the fun part about off-roading.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:18 PM
qtipofdeth

or do what i did, get a 4wd lol. But yeah tires will help alot. I have some seen some electric trucks do some amazing things with the right tires and a good driver
Old 09-18-2007, 10:53 PM
ohgrfreak

soft step pin tires and lay off the trigger finger. coast around turns is the most important lesson i have learned, if you have any kind of throttle on a hairpin, you're just going out of the track or in a circle. but even going in a striahgt line, you gotta ease into the speed.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Lumpmister

2WD is very tough to master off road. I have kinda done it with my XXX-T and XXX-NT AD, but I still have the ocasional slide out in a corner.

Best Advice: PRACTICE!
Old 09-19-2007, 12:18 AM
mrbonez

i figured out what the problem was ..... oporater error on my part LoL il try some beter tires and easy on the triger great tips thanks for the input all helpful as always peace