Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

what should i do

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 06:11 AM
pt68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what should i do

gday i have a traxas e/p stampede ive had it now 5 years i love it its strong and goes hard all the time.ive got all the hot ups on it .but left the motor to last.ive got 4 motors to chose from ive got 1lrpv1014turn 2 traxas 12turn 3 cobalt27pro stock 4 team brood 11turn single. i run 87spur gear or 4 more speed i use a 84spur. which motor should i use 4 this truck pleas help. my esc is a pc no limit it. is that a good one.?
Old 09-26-2007, 09:03 AM
ohgrfreak

Default RE: what should i do

Personally I'd just stick in the Cobalt, just because the stampede can get real unstable at high speed, unless you've lowered it. The Cobalt will still be a nice improvement over stock, but it's not going to be a speed demon.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:55 AM
pt68

[sm=thumbs_up.gif] gday thanks for ur idea. what pinion should i use.and what spur gear should i use with the cobalt. spur gear choises 81tooth or 84tooth or 87t.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:02 PM
ohgrfreak

Hmmm, I don't know a lot about the gearing in the Pede, my dad has one, but he keeps his stock. I know in the Pede's cousin, the Rustler (which is what I have), I would run a 25 pinion with a stock sized spur. Changing the spur gear doesn't change too much ratio, it's the pinion that makes most difference.