Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Futaba 3PDF Transmitter & R153F Receiver Compatable?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 10:48 PM
ana/RC/hy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 3PDF Transmitter & R153F Receiver Compatable?

Hi. I posted this in RC car radio Equiptment for a few days but no one ever reads those. I have a Futaba 3PDF FM transmitter that I want to use but I don't have the receiver anymore that came with it. I bought a brand new Futaba R153F receiver to use with it. I can't get them to work together. I know the Tx works, and I assume the Rx does too since it is brand new. Do the 3PDF and the R153F work together? They are both 75Mhz. Any ideas?

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/pgarchive/Futaba_3PDF.htm]3PDF Transmitter[/link]
[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLHH2&P=ML]R153F Receiver[/link]
Old 10-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 3PDF Transmitter & R153F Receiver Compatable?

Did you get a crystal for the RX? It can only use the Futaba short crystal..

Otherwise, I am not sure what's the problem...
Old 10-05-2007, 01:59 AM
JFACKY

The other thing I was thinking about is what freq. is the TX on. if the TX is on 27 mhz and the RX IS ON 75 mhz they wouldn't work together.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:05 PM
ana/RC/hy

Thanks for the ideas. Well, when I had the Rx that came with the Tx, I used this very crystal set together. They should be the right ones but do crystals go bad maybe?
Old 10-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Crystal would certainly go bad if you hit it hard enough... (I have seen people who crashed really hard and damaged the crystal..)

But the crystal needs to match the RX.... even though the crystal might be on the same frequency, but it has to be the one that's designed to work w/ the RX...
Old 10-05-2007, 10:31 PM
ana/RC/hy

OK, I think I must need the short crystal like you are saying. I was using a Novak XXL before, I don't think it uses the short crystal I need. The picture of the short futaba crystal looks a little shorter then mine. I think I will try that, thanks.