Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official e-savage thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Official e-savage thread

Any E-Savage owners left here, or have they all gone to E-Revos? (isn't it lame how they just put an "E" in front of a nitro truck's name to indicate electric, and it is not always that similar?)

I lost one of the battery holder clips while running around in the snow yesterday. I've taken the battery holders off and am going to try my luck with velcro straps. Do you think this setup will work?

Or will the snow clog the velcro and make the straps useless at the first battery change?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10216.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	1341095  
Old 12-24-2009, 03:31 PM
battlemg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure you massage the velcro all the way around. Work it in different directions to ensure you get as much hook and loop connections as you can. I have used velcro in sport planes and it held well. Have fun.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Lilredmachine

ORIGINAL: Andyjk

ORIGINAL: banx

whats even crazier is there is a whole webite dedicated to the e-savage.

www.e-savage.com

freakin bananas i tell ya
You must be fairly interested if you went out searching for it.

Hehe, Banx you should stop messing with heads.

Banx had one of the most lethal racing e-savages on the planet, that truck was so developed there wasn't much that could touch it.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:26 PM
battlemg

This is for all you gurus out there. I would like to go brushless but just for bashing and general fun. I don't need a rocket ship but something that gives more speed and punch. I was wondering if the Velineon with a 2S lipo would be strong enough. I don't do speed runs, I am more tall truck, off-road, run over stuff type of guy. Will that system work?
Thanks in advance.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Jeremy Z

ORIGINAL: battlemg

This is for all you gurus out there. I would like to go brushless but just for bashing and general fun. I don't need a rocket ship but something that gives more speed and punch. I was wondering if the Velineon with a 2S lipo would be strong enough. I don't do speed runs, I am more tall truck, off-road, run over stuff type of guy. Will that system work?
Thanks in advance.
It won't really be strong enough. That was designed for smaller, lighter models that run on one pack. It is also the wrong kv. It is 3500 kv. About the highest you want to go on the E-Savage is 2800 kv, and that is pushing it.

I think I'm going to go with the Aquacraft 36-56-2030 and the Castle Mamba Max Pro ESC. (maybe a Hobbyking ESC, to save some bucks)

It is a pretty highly recommended over at e-savage.com.

I'm going to keep the stock brushed system in it until Spring though. Not so much worry about water messing up the ESC or motor.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:34 PM
craigcannon

could any one tell me if the #HB10809 EU FORD F-150 2004 will fit the e-savage properly as i can not find size detials anywhere ?

http://www.hbeurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=hb10809
Old 12-29-2009, 07:42 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Look what I just ordered http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0161p?&I=LZ0481 I'll pot pics when I get it.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Jeremy Z

We have another new E-Savage owner or two, so I thought I'd revive this thread and post a couple pix and some info regarding LiPo battery fitment.

I just took delivery of four of these packs from Hobbyking:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dproduct=10098

I haven't tried to see if they fit with the stock battery holder. But after I lost a clip for one battery holder, I took them off and went to some velcro straps from Home Depot. These packs fit with a couple mm in length to spare:

They are also a perfect fit in a Stampede battery bay; no cutting or grinding necessary.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	kh17777.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1347426   Click image for larger version

Name:	je99295.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	1347427   Click image for larger version

Name:	qo39898.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1347428   Click image for larger version

Name:	ez82570.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1347429  
Old 01-02-2010, 03:40 PM
generis

wow.... those batts would be a serious leap ahead in performance for that truck... wow.. Better get your clutch right, or it's axle carnage for you...
Old 01-24-2010, 06:50 AM
Lilredmachine

I'll say. That thing must fly now. My race e-savage with a set of 5000 2s lipos in was quick enough to keep up with the 1/8th nitros around a short track with the stock motors.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Jeremy Z

Yeah, I've run it a few times on those batts now. It is MUCH faster. Too fast for the stock wheels/tires, apparently. Is it the tires or wheels that are out of balance? How do you other E-Savage owners address this?
Old 01-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Lilredmachine

find some way of fitting the wheel to an axle on the end of a table or something so it can freely rotate. Spin the wheel and wait till it stops. It will rest with the heaviest part of the wheel at the bottom dead center. Add a bit of weight (can be blutack or whatever) to the top dead center and spin again. Repeat until the wheel doesn't stop anywhere in particular. It doesn't matter if it's the wheel or tire out of balance, they are attached to each other. If you alter the tires position on the rim then you will need to balance again. Just like a real car wheel.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Jeremy Z

Thanks for the tip Lilred.

I went out today for the first time since I had the LiPo alarm. I ran 30 minutes on the 2S 5 Ah. Some street, some climbing snow piles, some grass, probably a few minutes of not running. (walking over to put it right-side up again)

That's pretty amazing to me.

That same battery pack flew my Easy Star (plane) over an hour. Those batts. were money well spent.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Eman77

Any particular place you guys get bluetak from, or just google and go for it? Does that stuff stay put very well? You just stick it to the inside of a rim and it holds, right?

I've never bothered with wheel balancing before (I don't race, I'm lazy, etc) - but since my E-Sav can move pretty well now, I figure maybe I should balance these big brutes. A "little" wheel wobble on a BL MT is a tad more noticeable than on a 1/10 buggy.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Lilredmachine

you can use anything that will stick. blutack is easy as it sticks well and is easy to break up to get the right weight.