Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official e-savage thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:32 PM
brushlessboy16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official e-savage thread

yes, i think they make like 1200w

it was a whole review on a e-savvy forum
Old 10-11-2007, 07:33 PM
PedeBeater

What are you saying? Are they better? Have you tried them? And what about the review, you talkin about the one on the first page?
Old 10-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: brushlessboy16

You mean the one I posted? No im jk you guys. Im not going to start anything.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:37 PM
PedeBeater

[sm=confused.gif]
ORIGINAL: Takedown

I am so confused?! I thought he was talking about the s-600's I posted.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:37 PM
powerslider

ORIGINAL: PedeBeater

Any say on the great plane s-600's? Supposed to be a good drop in upgrade.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJ766&P=ML
I've got a set but I haven't tried them yet, you have to grind a flat on the shaft for the pinion set screw to lock onto.....
Old 10-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Takedown

[sm=confused.gif]

I am so confused?! I thought he was talking about the s-600's I posted.

it was a whole review on a e-savvy forum I was saying that was probably the one I linked.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:40 PM
PedeBeater

OK I finally got it, sorry. Well as soon as you try those motors please tell me about it.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:45 PM
PedeBeater

Slider

check your pm's.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:47 PM
calvino

anyone know the "top speed" of an E-Savage, my 18MT can go 20 MPH([]) (i hear)
Old 10-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Takedown

ORIGINAL: calvino

anyone know the "top speed" of an E-Savage, my 18MT can go 20 MPH([]) (i hear)
RCCA did a review and it was 26mph.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:53 PM
PedeBeater

With stock batteries/connecters.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Takedown

Well ya thats what he wanted to know...
Old 10-11-2007, 08:01 PM
PedeBeater

I know. Just sayin.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:21 PM
cheech4

still faster than the maxx,, im sorry [>:]
Old 10-11-2007, 08:29 PM
calvino

Well ya thats what he wanted to know...
thanks, a bit faster than my car, neat, now considering it more, I dunno, the prob with the little car is it is hard to drive in our backyard since it has LOTS of grass that does not want to bend, thus my little car bounces like crazy around. Anyone know how good of a running time ya would get with like 4600 or even 5000??? the cool thingie is if you did go brushless, then you could use both battery holders in paralel, thus making the total amps more[8D]
Old 10-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Takedown

ORIGINAL: cheech4

Hey I thought we agree'd no more of that? "Cough Cough E-maxx Rules Cough". Looks like I got a cold coming on.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:57 PM
calvino

Hey I thought we agree'd no more of that? "Cough Cough E-maxx Rules Cough". Looks like I got a cold coming on.
lol, what is ya guys opinion, get the new VXL rustler (only a few people have driven it it seems) or get the E-Savage (which people have seen...), hard decision, they cost about the same[&:], to get an idea (kindof) of what it has to go over, click here. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_59...36/key_/tm.htm
thanks, one "interesting" thread
Old 10-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Takedown

lol, what is ya guys opinion, get the new VXL rustler (only a few people have driven it it seems) or get the E-Savage (which people have seen...), hard decision, they cost about the same[&:], to get an idea (kindof) of what it has to go over, click here. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_59...36/key_/tm.htm
If you have any 3s lipos handy the vxl rustler would be fun as hell going 70mph!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:04 PM
cheech4

the vxl rustler is not worth it IMO, 70 mph is great but a tank like the rusty your only going straight at that speed and on paement, i think the savage would be the better buy because its more capable, and its pretty fast out of the box
Old 10-11-2007, 09:05 PM
calvino

If you have any 3s lipos handy the vxl rustler would be fun as hell going 70mph!
yeah, me got no lipos[&o], I can't imagine a 5,000+ mah lipo, wow, zippy, def not want to put one in me little MT, prob to hard to drive, anyone slapped a VXL into a E-Savage???, note, reason why I asked is I like to be fast
Old 10-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Takedown

yeah, me got no lipos[&o], I can't imagine a 5,000+ mah lipo, wow, zippy, def not want to put one in me little MT, prob to hard to drive, anyone slapped a VXL into a E-Savage???, note, reason why I asked is I like to be fast
Ya if you dont got any 3s lipos and dont plan to get any then the e-savage is the way to go.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:11 PM
calvino

Ya if you dont got any 3s lipos and dont plan to get any then the e-savage is the way to go.
I dunno, just the fact that the e-savage weighs 9LB (eek), I don't think I would ever hear the end of it if I was racing my sister with that on my little track, and came crashing down on her little car, pulled out me big clunky radioshack truck and ran into her like 4 times, boy was she happy, yeah, what about the pede or the bandit, any better with steering, the way to make it turn better is to prob file down some stupid little piece of plastic/get a better servo[8D], tough call[&:], like I said, got mula for both[sm=72_72.gif]
Old 10-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Takedown

I dunno, just the fact that the e-savage weighs 9LB (eek), I don't think I would ever hear the end of it if I was racing my sister with that on my little track, and came crashing down on her little car, pulled out me big clunky radioshack truck and ran into her like 4 times, boy was she happy, yeah, what about the pede or the bandit, any better with steering, the way to make it turn better is to prob file down some stupid little piece of plastic/get a better servo[8D], tough call[&:], like I said, got mula for both[sm=72_72.gif]
Ive heard that the e-savage is exceptionally good at handling and doesnt roll very often. The pede is also a very fun truck! If I were to choose between a VXL pede and a stock e-savage I would probably get the vxl pede because of how fun it is to drive.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:21 PM
calvino

Ive heard that the e-savage is exceptionally good at handling and doesnt roll very often. The pede is also a very fun truck! If I were to choose between a VXL pede and a stock e-savage I would probably get the vxl pede because of how fun it is to drive.
yeah, the only other downside to my little MT is it is kindof prone to rolling (if you hit a rock... in a tight turn), yeah, the pede is neat, the only downside is it is QUITE HIGH up, which would prob make it prety unstable at high speeds[&:], will see, watch, I will get both the E-Savage and the VXL rusty... I can see why the savage is prety stable due to the HIGH WEIGHT, only other downside to savage is 14.4 V, motors are prob not cheap... will see, will see
Old 10-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Takedown

You do know that if you get an e-savage that you can upgrade to S-600 motors for dirt cheap. Two for $30 on tower.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.