Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Emaxx survives numerous bad jumps and comes out rolling...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Emaxx survives numerous bad jumps and comes out rolling...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Slo-V Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emaxx survives numerous bad jumps and comes out rolling...

Ok so for all the nay sayers out there claiming that E-Maxxes are not durable... I beg to differ....somewhat...
All I have done to strengthen my E-maxx is the rear alloy bulkheads, RPM front bumper and rear MIP CVDs... I still have the stock front and center shafts, plastic idlers, and shocks and shock towers.

I run a brushless setup with a 3s lipo, Feigao 7XL and Mamba Max esc. Geared 20/64, top speeds well in excess of 25 mph, i.e. faster than stock motors, and tons of wheelie poppin' torque.

For three runs now, I've done nothing but attempt jumps off of this 4 ft tall mound of dirt that on one side goes off down a slight downhill incline, and the other side a level ground with a 25-30ft runway sorta thing. As I said, 3 sessions of 25-30 minute runs each, jumping, cartwheeling, tumbling, ripping the stock body to bits landing upside down, right side up on the nose, rear, and sideways. At 60% speed, at full speed, up the hill, down the hill landing from a 20 foot long jump. Nothing. Not one part aside from a shock tower has broken. Even landing HARD on the front bumper vertically from bad jumps going a good 20+ mph on take off and nothing.

So that you all know, I usually NEVER abuse my trucks this way. This is the first time in 1 year I've ever started jumping my truck this bad and this hard... that with a volatile $130 LIPO in there... (and good thing it's stuck good in its place...)

I honestly don't know what you guys do to your trucks, but with those $100 of upgrades i.e. $50 bulkhead, ~$40 rear CVD for handling the torque, and the front RPM bumper (which protects the front skid plate like you wouldn't believe) I have only broken the stock rear shock tower for the first time in nearly 8 months when I landed some jumps really ugly... I replaced it.... and two bashing sessions later things are still in good shape.

I expected to break something, the front bulkhead or something, upon some of my not so perfect face plants onto the ground below, but I'm surprised not one crack yet.. Jinx.

All I can say is... learn to drive people. If I suck at driving and jumping as bad as I do, then you guys are already ahead of the game and shouldn't be worrying about breaking Emaxx parts left and right as so many pro-E-Savage uses would want you to believe. Granted I had to invest in a couple of upgrades, but it is a very tough truck from my stand point. Hopefully the newer version will be much more tough with it's metal reinforced parts.

... Oh and I use a metal geared digital servo, the Hitec 5645MG... it's better than the stock crap, but not quite perfect, BUT I run it without any servo saver and man it is one tough servo....I'm waiting for it to explode then I'll get one of those monster 333 in/oz servos... probably rip the steering out with one of those if the tires get stuck.. Hehe!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47995.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	389.4 KB
ID:	791796   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr56224.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	791797  
Old 10-27-2007, 08:35 PM
RC_Basher20
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Emaxx survives numerous bad jumps and comes out rolling...

thx this will relly make ppl stop talking about how bad the e-maxx is, i jjust think theyhre mad cuz it a small upgrade of the old emaxx nice example though
Old 10-27-2007, 08:36 PM
brushlessboy16

thanks slo-v even though "we" knew the emaxx was durable
Old 10-27-2007, 08:47 PM
novakmaxx

My body is literally ripped in half from so many bad lands. I hit my BMX ramp at full speed with my hv maxx 6.5 e-maxx about 20 times trying to do a back flip. I never landed a back flip. I think I need a bigger ramp. My e-maxx is very strong. ( I broke a servo arm).
Old 10-27-2007, 08:49 PM
brushlessboy16

nah , just floor it in the air
Old 10-27-2007, 08:52 PM
novakmaxx

That is what I do.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

I was jumping my bro's brushless E-maxx down a huge fleet of stairs today and I landed upsidedown numerous times and didnt break anything. The weirdest thing is that it was 40 degrees when I was jumpin it and I ussualy break things when its warmer. I have to admit the E-savage rims/tires are pretty darn sweet because of how light they are compared to many other 1/10 14mm wheels/tires. They are the lightest wheels/tires my bro and me have. BTW the Velineon 3500 motor absolutely flies on 12cells with the E-savage wheels/tires. Its easily going 35mph+ with insane torque. The 40 degree temps are keeping the motor temp around 120 degrees.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:07 PM
eddiebelanger
My Feedback: (1)

i have found the same things as you guys my e-maxx is very strong
Old 10-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Always Dreamin

I have never had a problem with my emaxx breaking. It doesn't break anymore then my pede, it's just harder to fix when it does.

-Always dreamin
Old 10-27-2007, 10:57 PM
cheech4

no one said, and i have not said that the Emaxx is not a good truck, it is a good truck, BUT the Esavvy is better.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Takedown

ORIGINAL: cheech4

no one said, and i have not said that the Emaxx is not a good truck, it is a good truck, BUT the Esavvy is better.
Oh god cheech had to get his "E-savage's are better" phrase in here.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Slo-V Flyer

Wow I guess the mods took off TD's post...but Haha.. Yeah I read that Cheech and thought wow... ok good for him then. I'm sure I can slap on those smaller Savage wheels to lower the weight of the E-Maxx, move the shocks outward so it's lower to the ground like the Savage (and wow is it almost as low as my Rusty on Mashers), and drive around all day without flipping as much (not that it flips as much because I can drive it a little better than before) and claim "See, the E-Maxx is better because it's bigger and won't flip and doesn't break bevel gears and has more hop-ups and 2-speed tranny and well, um It's Better!!11" and what not...

But anyways this is not why I created this thread, so let's not go there. Apples and Oranges people. Learn your fruits. The Maxx is tough enough to handle most bashing, unless you're one of those crazy E><trem3 folks that have to jump it off the roof or a 20ft cliff or go 50mph and hit a ramp and then complain about how it's breaking parts left and right (most r/c cars will at that point).
Old 10-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Takedown

ORIGINAL: Slo-V Flyer

Wow I guess the mods took off TD's post...but Haha.. Yeah I read that Cheech and thought wow... ok good for him then. I'm sure I can slap on those smaller Savage wheels to lower the weight of the E-Maxx, move the shocks outward so it's lower to the ground like the Savage (and wow is it almost as low as my Rusty on Mashers), and drive around all day without flipping as much (not that it flips as much because I can drive it a little better than before) and claim "See, the E-Maxx is better because it's bigger and won't flip and doesn't break bevel gears and has more hop-ups and 2-speed tranny and well, um It's Better!!11" and what not...

But anyways this is not why I created this thread, so let's not go there. Apples and Oranges people. Learn your fruits. The Maxx is tough enough to handle most bashing, unless you're one of those crazy E><trem3 folks that have to jump it off the roof or a 20ft cliff or go 50mph and hit a ramp and then complain about how it's breaking parts left and right (most r/c cars will at that point).
Im not a crazy basher but yes I do get those urges to bash somtimes.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:11 AM
J-Cube

Once I had my E-Maxx on my front porch which is 4 inches higher than the concrete walk way leading up to it. I had my E-Maxx on it and I slammed full reverse. As soon it was coming off, I hit full acceleration allowing the momentum to carry it off. As soon as it cleared the walk way and hit grass, it flew up and spun 360 in the air, landing on all fours and driving away. It was insane! I tried it again and it worked so I know it wasn't a freak occurrence. I'll get a Youtube vid of this made ASAP. The E-Maxx is tough! Instead of RTR it should be called RTB (ready to bash). [8D]
Old 10-28-2007, 02:30 PM
ElectricGuy007

The E-Maxx is a great Truck if you have Aluminum Bulkheads. That's basically the only plastic part I've Broken.
It likes to break right where you screw the shock tower in place.[:'(]
Old 10-28-2007, 03:01 PM
TheEmaxxKid

I totally agree. The Maxx is far from a fragile truck and can be made great with a few upgrades(CVDS center and rear, bulkheads). I honestly don't understand all of this animosity among people on the internet who have different things. If you own a Ford, Chevy trucks are crap. If you own a PlayStation, the Xbox sucks. If you own a Losi, Associated is garbage. Can't people at least try both before making uninformed comments?

That being said, my E-Savage kills my E-Maxx in every regard
Old 10-28-2007, 03:09 PM
novakmaxx

I gust ripped my 2nd body it half.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Takedown

We'll my bro's E-maxx was doing great until something minor happened. He lost a nut to one of his wheels in the street and he couldnt find it. He wont be able to get it running for about 2 days now until he gets paid. He was also jumping through alot of huge leaf piles but those piles were like hitting a small bump in the road to the e-max. It just plowed right through them.[8D]
Old 10-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Bayou_flyer

ORIGINAL: Takedown

We'll my bro's E-maxx was doing great until something minor happened. He lost a nut to one of his wheels in the street and he couldnt find it. He wont be able to get it running for about 2 days now until he gets paid. He was also jumping through alot of huge leaf piles but those piles were like hitting a small bump in the road to the e-max. It just plowed right through them.[8D]

thoes wheel nuts are not staying on mines either I even use lock tight
Old 10-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Takedown

ORIGINAL: Bayou_flyer

ORIGINAL: Takedown

thoes wheel nuts are not staying on mines either I even use lock tight
Ya he's gonna see if he can get some nuts with better nylon washers so that they'll grip to the thread easier.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:36 PM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: TheEmaxxKid

I totally agree. The Maxx is far from a fragile truck and can be made great with a few upgrades(CVDS center and rear, bulkheads). I honestly don't understand all of this animosity among people on the internet who have different things. If you own a Ford, Chevy trucks are crap. If you own a PlayStation, the Xbox sucks. If you own a Losi, Associated is garbage. Can't people at least try both before making uninformed comments?

That being said, my E-Savage kills my E-Maxx in every regard
Of course my E-Maxx has the 8th scale buggy wheels on it. OFNA hex conversion.
IT actually works well like this for bashing. Brushless is gonna be Balistic in this thing.
Also I have took the battery trays off and used a T-Maxx aluminum chassis(less weight).
The E-Savage looks cool I'll probably get one sometime next year. Do All the Nitro Savage parts fit it.
Why have one, when you could have it all! The only Electric Monster I need to have the whole set.