Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Will other bodies fit the PEDE?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 08:41 PM
RC Viper Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will other bodies fit the PEDE?

Just a thought is it possible to make a deisel go faster(more HP) or is it useless to do it
Old 08-26-2003, 09:18 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

In my opinion, a diesel is the easiest thing you can hop up.They have 2 different simple methods of souping up any of the 1999 and later (1994 and up fords) diesel trucks.The first is a chip which you can plug, or wire into your truck. You can get them in different power levels such as 65 or 90hp.Im not sure what the highest horsepower chip is, but they make a huge difference in power/torque, and acceleration if you get a good chip.The second is a BOX, which is a little box full of electronics which can also be wired/plugged into the electrical system of the truck giving it more fuel faster without ever turning a bolt on the engine(just like a chip). The older dodges(1998.5 back) were a little harder to soup up because they were all manual with no electronics.Mine is that way, but when i say its harder, it doesent mean you cant hop it up much.Mine has what they call a torque plate in it, which is just like a chip in a newer truck(gives it more fuel faster).The only thing is, you have to take out 4 bolts, and then two more, and then put them back in after installing the aftermarket plate(the stock ones have plates too, but the aftermarket ones are designed to give it more fuel faster, and go in the place of the stock one).Mine also has a boost elbow which goes to the turbo, and makes it spool up faster so the motor gets more air.The plate added about 100 hp in my truck.You can also do MANY other things to make a diesel run better.If you want to know more, just ask. There are many diesels that have over 500hp, and 1000lb ft of torque.You can also add twin turbos, and you can only imagine what that will do.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:16 AM
RC Viper Racer

thanks for the info i was asking because i wold like to tune up a truck for speed and maybe a 1/4 racer, every one tells me gas is better and some tell me diesel is better so i do not know
Old 08-27-2003, 08:42 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I personally like diesel trucks, so if it were me, and i had the money, it would probably be diesel.The fastest diesel truck in the world (in the 1/4 mile) was at a diesel show i just went to.He was running Nitrous, and propane, and probably a box, and some injectors.I dont know what else he had done, but it ran a 7 something in the 1/8th mile(not sure about the 1/4 mile).It was an automatic, and was VERY fast.He ran in 4wd so he could get traction.The best thing about the newer diesels (99and up dodges and chevys, and 94 and up ford powerstrokes) is that you could have a box, and propane,nitrous, injectors, and a 4inch exhaust, but you can still drive it every day, and it should still be very reliable, because you can turn off the propane, nitrous, and the box which will add a LOT of HP on the strip.You can turn the box all the way off, and some have up to like 10 power levels, so you could run on a lower power level, and youre EGT's(exhaust gas temperature) wont get too high for normal driving, and that way you dont risk youre engine.You can just turn up the box when you get to the strip, or want to race on the road from a switch in the cab, and if you ever decide to trade trucks(to the same brand and a close year model), then you can install the box, and things in to the other truck.We talked to the mechanic of the guys truck that was the fastest diesel in the 1/4 mile, and he said the guys wife drives it to pick up the kids from school every day!He said if someone wants to race, she just flips a few switches, races, then cuts them off, and its back to nearly stock.