Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Any one use Trakpower lipo's?????

Old 12-02-2007, 01:52 PM
CrazyCooydog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one use Trakpower lipo's?????

I just recived my lipos..
Trakpower 4900
but.There not quite what I thought, to my surprise theres no conectors OR wires.. looks like I just need banana plugs and the site says no need to balance on a regular basis...this goes against all I have read about lipos.

the question is:
do I just make conector to go from my traxas to a banana plug and go driving
What about balancing?( I have a blinky balancer..With nowhere to plug it into.

WHAT to do.PLEASE help
Will be running in HV 6.5 E-Maxx

Maybe the best thing to do is just contact Maxamps and have a 4cell pack made with only one conector for each, ballancer and charger.???
Old 12-02-2007, 04:00 PM
MT

Default RE: Trakpower lipo's?????

ORIGINAL: CrazyCooydog

I just recived my lipos..
Trakpower 4900
but.There not quite what I thought, to my surprise theres no conectors OR wires.. looks like I just need banana plugs and the site says no need to balance on a regular basis...this goes against all I have read about lipos.

the question is:
do I just make conector to go from my traxas to a banana plug and go driving
What about balancing?( I have a blinky balancer..With nowhere to plug it into.

WHAT to do.PLEASE help
Will be running in HV 6.5 E-Maxx

http://www.trakpower.com/
I did not see that statement anywhere on their site {"site says no need to balance on a regular basis"}
In fact, I found the oppsite "While balancing is always good practice with LiPo Technology, in the absence of very cold temperatures 10 degrees C and below, most users will observe that warming is unnecessary because the pack will always be able to deliver more power than any other component in the drive train can draw from it."

They sell a balancers too
"Centre tap for balancing: 2mm bullet female, gold plated"
You might have to use their balancers, but I am sure you could use another lipo balancer, I am just not sure how to use that "center tap" they are reffering to, I am sure someone else here can answer that.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:17 PM
CrazyCooydog

Default RE: Trakpower lipo's?????

Opps wrong site. I knew I saw it some place.http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/reviewtrakpowerlipo/

With only two cells, and superior technology,
balancing the cells, I'm told, isn’t as critical or necessary
as with previous types of cells. The TrakPower pack is matched (both cells are selected for their similar performances to eliminate differences due to manufacturing tolerances) but it is however good practice every now and then to make sure things are equal. Trakpower have recently released their own balancer / equalizer, which automatically keeps the balance in check.