Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

More Dewalt battery questions !!!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:01 PM
ASYSTEMERROR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Dewalt battery questions !!!!!

Hi all,
i'm looking for someone who knows the mah storage of a dewalt 18v xr+NiCd cells. thankyou.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:11 PM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: More Dewalt battery questions !!!!!

if u are looking to make a rc bat from them its not worth it i have tried they use low mah cheap crappy cells
Old 12-10-2007, 10:21 PM
ASYSTEMERROR

i'm charging some now but i will abort thanks !!! i seen many threads but no one said they were crappy ! some people went as far as to say they used the new a123 or whatever if they hold a good charge i'll use them for something but not my rc's
got the pack for free and it was rejected by my dewalt charger so i figured i'd kill some time playing with the cells
Old 12-10-2007, 10:39 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: ASYSTEMERROR

i'm charging some now but i will abort thanks !!! i seen many threads but no one said they were crappy ! some people went as far as to say they used the new a123 or whatever if they hold a good charge i'll use them for something but not my rc's
got the pack for free and it was rejected by my dewalt charger so i figured i'd kill some time playing with the cells
People have been using the newer packs to make A123 cells, saves you money by doing it this way (if you buy them off of ebay).
Old 12-10-2007, 10:39 PM
duneslider

I don't know what kind of cells the dewalts use but I think dewalt batts suck and I have taken other cordless drill batts apart and replaced the cells with quality cells. I have never seen good batts in any drill. It is amazing what a good set of replacement cells does to a cordless drill though. Cheap ebay 3300mah cells make killer drill batts so I can't even guess what comes in the things.

Duneslider
Old 12-10-2007, 10:50 PM
DaveG55

The DeWalt Nano system is using the A123 technology. You can get them in 18v, 28v or 36v packs
I have seen a tutorial somewhere on RCU on how to make A123 packs out of the DeWalt Nano batteries but don't remember where.
The older style DeWalt packs use nicads and so are probably not worth the effort.