Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

yet another e-savage vs emaxx thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 02:40 AM
yz426flier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yet another e-savage vs emaxx thread

i have searched for about a week now but i cant find any threads on e-savages vs the new emaxx for crawling. i am getting one after christmass and i want to know which one is better at crawling or just very very rocky terrain. i dont want to start a war i just want honest oppinions on what is better in extremely rocky terrain.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:51 AM
calvino

Default RE: yet another e-savage vs emaxx thread

ORIGINAL: yz426flier

i have searched for about a week now but i cant find any threads on e-savages vs the new emaxx for crawling. i am getting one after christmass and i want to know which one is better at crawling or just very very rocky terrain. i dont want to start a war i just want honest oppinions on what is better in extremely rocky terrain.
hum, that is a good question, do you mean stock, well, the savage is lower, (slightly) which may not work for crawling, prob the new maxx, that should work, since it can handle much more power... and it doesn't have the TVP to rub on stuff, just my take on it, plus for crawling, you will narower tires, and some high torque motors
Old 12-20-2007, 02:59 AM
yz426flier

yeah i was thinking more of the maxx too. but its not going to be for all out crawling just like maby a 1/4 of the time. the rest of the time its just going to be really rocky.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:07 AM
calvino

yeah i was thinking more of the maxx too. but its not going to be for all out crawling just like maby a 1/4 of the time. the rest of the time its just going to be really rocky.
hum, that is a good question, the maxx i hear has [:'(] shocks so, that maybe not good for crawling, just currious what 'rocky" is, since I maybe be able to get a better idea
Old 12-20-2007, 03:16 AM
yz426flier

this isnt where i drive but its kinda close. there are some areas where its more rocky with boulders and such and some areas where there is less rocks. and there isnt any water where i drive.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:46 AM
calvino

this isnt where i drive but its kinda close. there are some areas where its more rocky with boulders and such and some areas where there is less rocks. and there isnt any water where i drive.
ok, a maxx or a savage can take that, maybe the maxx though, do you plan on "bashing' at all, or is this strictly a crawler??
Old 12-20-2007, 03:52 AM
rhylsadar

hi

on such a terrain i would lean more towards a real crawler. you may have a look at the gmade stealth. .... or the like [8D]

bye
rhylsadar
Old 12-20-2007, 04:02 AM
calvino

Axial AX10 scorpion crawler[8D]
Old 12-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

If your comparing the E-savage to the new updated e-maxx well it really is a no brainer. The new E-maxx is all out better than the E-savage accept for maybe durability but stock the E-maxx will be faster.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:56 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: Takedown

If your comparing the E-savage to the new updated e-maxx well it really is a no brainer. The new E-maxx is all out better than the E-savage accept for maybe durability but stock the E-maxx will be faster.
No it wont, use a 14 cell in the savage in it IS faster. They didn't update the motors, same old titans in the emaxx so using the same batteries the Savage is faster. And yes the savage can run fine on 14 cells it didn't need an update to do this.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:27 AM
rhylsadar

hi

i am not so sure if the titans are really the same. on the specs it says 21T . i guess in the old maxx it were 23t right?
then the gear ratio of the new maxx is much closer to the e savage. tires are bigger on the e maxx making its ratio longer. so maybe there quite on par.... who ever may care.

having a look at the picture above tells me that neither a e savage nor a e maxx is really the car to drive there. but maybe thats just me.

bye
rhylsadar
Old 12-20-2007, 10:05 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

doesnt the emaxx have a 2speed tranny? wouldnt that help make it easier to drive over very rocky stuff?(being able to have more grunt at lower speed in 1st gear)
Old 12-20-2007, 10:08 AM
rhylsadar

hi

the new e maxx is single speed (2speed optional).

bye
rhylsadar
Old 12-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Always Dreamin

The new e-maxx is pretty sweet. It has two speeds and is very capable over rocks. The only thing that would be a lot better would be a crawler. If you only plan on crawling, well thats what they're made for. If you plan on doing some bashing, e-maxx is a great truck.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:34 AM
The Hedgehog

Just for the record as stated above, the new maxx is single speed, you have to buy the 2 speed upgrade seperately.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:13 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Just for the record as stated above, the new maxx is single speed, you have to buy the 2 speed upgrade seperately.
I personaly think the dual speed looks and sounds cool, but is another __ gears and servo to break, I still vote savage
Old 12-20-2007, 02:54 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: calvino

hum, that is a good question, do you mean stock, well, the savage is lower, (slightly) which may not work for crawling, prob the new maxx, that should work, since it can handle much more power... and it doesn't have the TVP to rub on stuff, just my take on it, plus for crawling, you will narower tires, and some high torque motors
Why do you say that the New Emaxx can handle more power when the savage can handle brushless without any upgrades?
Old 12-20-2007, 02:58 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: calvino

Why do you say that the New Emaxx can handle more power when the savage can handle brushless without any upgrades?
ok, here is a vid of a savage crawling, [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJPWnkNdYms]vid[/link]
Old 12-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Bombers_410

wow go for the e-savage sport... seriously. Its a hundred dollars cheaper, tougher, and faster than the emaxx. Ok so its not waterproof... Buy a bag of balloons for 5 bucks and waterproof it yourself!!
Old 12-20-2007, 04:28 PM
ChuckDeez

get a e-savage. So many people complain about the emaxx as being a "bad" monster truck.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: Takedown

No it wont, use a 14 cell in the savage in it IS faster. They didn't update the motors, same old titans in the emaxx so using the same batteries the Savage is faster. And yes the savage can run fine on 14 cells it didn't need an update to do this.
Im saying that the E-maxx is faster than the E-savage with voltage levels were there suppose to be. The GT ESC isnt meant to run 14cells and the EVX2 is. Plus the E-savage doesnt hav 7 cell slots so... Im saying dead stock with battery's meant to be run on them.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:36 PM
yz426flier

i dont really want a rock crawler becouse if i go somewhere for vacation or something or i just find a bmx park while driving by somewhere i still want to be able to bash around. i think im going to go with the esavage sport do to the price since i allready have a charger and i can pick up some good batterys.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:38 PM
pede_187

good choice. E-Savage wins
Old 12-20-2007, 06:43 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not get both and then sell the one you don't like?
Old 12-20-2007, 06:43 PM
pede_187

Why not get both and then sell the one you don't like?
.........and give it to me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.