Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

16.8V New E-maxx

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:37 PM
mycarisaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 16.8V New E-maxx

I was going to bulletproof my maxx since its now brushless but with the new e-revo coming I might hold off for a little while!
Old 04-21-2008, 05:33 PM
DriftingDragon

ORIGINAL: MF2MM5700

ORIGINAL: fritz175

ORIGINAL: fritz175

Hey I have a quick question. Do you have to put the high current connectors on the battery for the E-Maxx?
I'm planning on buying a E-Maxx soon.
Any answers???

Yes unless you buy packs that already have them. I like the TRX connectors,ive swithed all my stuff to them.

Edit: you could get a tamiya to trx adapter but that just bottleknecks the power flow.Taamiya connectors arent for high current applications.
DO NOT USE THE TAMIYA adapters it WILL MELT! i have been switch all plugs to trx and it isnt alot to get them plus you will get extras that can be used for escs or chargers
Old 04-21-2008, 05:36 PM
DriftingDragon

ORIGINAL: TheTruckingGuru

How do you guys like the 4wd Emaxx for bashing? I am thinking of holding out for the 2wd Traxxas Slash. It's less expensive and looks cool.
very hard to break the emaxx
Old 04-23-2008, 08:12 PM
fisheydude

I got my Blue E-MAXX today. It's sweet. I won't have the right plugs on it until Saturday when a buddy is going to sauter the new plugs for me. I ran it with those tamiya converters for a little while. I stopped about every 5 minutes to let them cool off. I was scared to run it too hard... didn't want any melting! The stock tires do have too much side bite. You have to slow to a crawl (not really) when you turn where there is a lot of grip. It was easy to bicycle the truck though... sweet. I flipped it side over side several times before I got used to it. The drive shafts are as fat as my pinkie finger, that's freakin' awsome.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:23 PM
DriftingDragon

ya get used to flipping it unless you make shocktower extensions to lower it
Old 04-23-2008, 08:42 PM
fisheydude

How about just a different set of tires? Would all tires still do about the same thing because of all the play in the suspension and weight distribution? Before I run it again, I am going to use a lot of those shock clips to stiffen them a bit. I wish these shocks were adjustable with threads instead of the clips. Oh well, still freakin' sweet!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:55 PM
mycarisaser

I ran threw 4 sets of batts today. Bashed pretty hard. I no longer have a body for it and have a large crack down 1/2 my chassis and have zipties holding both my shock towers together. Man l love this truck. lts alot of fun. Unlike my elst it doesnt need to be fast to be fun. I slowed it down[set epa to 75%] b/c it just seems to be funner like that. I guess I am going to have to regear my motor so it will run the speed I want without my epa being at 75%[I am alittle overgeared anyways]. So l can play in a smaller area and still have a blast!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:28 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I broke my rear shock tower one to many front flips I guess.....................................
Old 04-24-2008, 04:46 AM
syncronized77

Well I've got about a $150 left in my PayPal account. Probably the last amount of money I'll hopefully spend on this hobby, short of breaking things lol. Should I get a new 977 charger to replace my 969 or should I get the Kershaw Design HO700 motor setup. If anyone can give me good insight into the Kershaw Design setup, much appreciated! Maybe a video on youtube?

And before anyone says that I should save up more and go brushless....I don't want to go brushless with my 3905 because I want to keep the waterproof functionality.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:31 AM
SavageX78

If it was me Id get the 700HO motors. Heres a vid [link=http://youtube.com/watch?v=K6cIaExAYAU]Kershaw 700HO conversion[/link]
Old 04-24-2008, 05:36 AM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: fisheydude

How about just a different set of tires? Would all tires still do about the same thing because of all the play in the suspension and weight distribution? Before I run it again, I am going to use a lot of those shock clips to stiffen them a bit. I wish these shocks were adjustable with threads instead of the clips. Oh well, still freakin' sweet!
The RPM stablemaxx rims have a wider offset that helps stop the flipping. Stiffening the shocks will only make it worse.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:17 AM
mycarisaser

ORIGINAL: syncronized77

Well I've got about a $150 left in my PayPal account. Probably the last amount of money I'll hopefully spend on this hobby, short of breaking things lol. Should I get a new 977 charger to replace my 969 or should I get the Kershaw Design HO700 motor setup. If anyone can give me good insight into the Kershaw Design setup, much appreciated! Maybe a video on youtube?

And before anyone says that I should save up more and go brushless....I don't want to go brushless with my 3905 because I want to keep the waterproof functionality.

I called mrc and they did a free upgrade to my 969 to the 977 spec. Also there is a few wp brushless systems. My mgm has a water resistant coating and the mm and mmm are water proof too.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:46 AM
DriftingDragon

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Well, I broke my rear shock tower one to many front flips I guess.....................................
nice a few weeks ago i broke my rear shock tower goin UP the ramp
Old 04-24-2008, 10:05 AM
mycarisaser

ORIGINAL: DriftingDragon

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

nice a few weeks ago i broke my rear shock tower goin UP the ramp

[X(][&:] Thats got to be a first!
I took 4 zipties and went from the bottom and one threw each hole. Its holding my shock tower now. I bet it wouldnt break it you did it to a new one.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:54 PM
SavageX78

Ive heard of many people breaking there rear shock towers. I dont understand it thou. I was driving mine off huge snow banks in freezing temps and never broke a shock tower. There where a few times I landed upside down real hard but it didnt break it. My body on the other hand is beat up beyond use.

Are you guys hitting it with a sledge hammer or something? lol
Old 04-24-2008, 06:00 PM
rhino420

the first week i had my emaxx i went through two a set of shock towers two sets of bulkheads and servos all with in the first week traxxas hooked it up and sent me servos but i got rmp towers never broke since and bulkheads since i got the rmp towers havent had a problem next thing im getting is the titanuim arms ! then ill be good
Old 04-24-2008, 06:13 PM
carlbellybutton10

what batteries are you running? i am getting the new emaxx soon and was wondering what batteries to get. i will only be bashing and am on a slight budget so what can i work with?

also what is a good brushless motor (or brushed) for bashing with some high speed runs, alot of torque and all that other good stuff (still on a slight budget)
Old 04-24-2008, 06:28 PM
rhino420

this hobby and budgets dont work well together ha ha trust me my fiance tells me that everymonth we get the credit card bill haha. but if u are just bashing i use the tenergy from all batteries they work well alot of ppl will tell you they are the worst batteries ever made but i havent had a problem and at 60 bucks for two u cant go wrong .... no for some real nice batts look at maxamps those are about 169 for two.big diff in price and power also specbattiers are great but those are about 129 for two those are the ones i just ordered but i have heard awesome things about them so im picking up a set these batts im talking about are the 7cell 8.4v 6 cells arnt worth it go 7 or go home ha ha here are some links for batts

http://www.maxamps.com/MA-4700-Emaxx-168-Pair.htm

http://www.specpointbatteries.com/in...p?categoryID=4

http://www.promatchracing.com/products.php?cat=4
Old 04-24-2008, 06:42 PM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: carlbellybutton10

also what is a good brushless motor (or brushed) for bashing with some high speed runs, alot of torque and all that other good stuff (still on a slight budget)
Well brushless can get pricey.

But check out the [link=http://kershawdesigns.com/]Kershaw designs 700HO[/link]
I watched the youtube vid and it looks insane.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:50 PM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: rhino420

the first week i had my emaxx i went through two a set of shock towers two sets of bulkheads and servos all with in the first week traxxas hooked it up and sent me servos but i got rmp towers never broke since and bulkheads since i got the rmp towers havent had a problem next thing im getting is the titanuim arms ! then ill be good
Maybe they had a bad batch of towers. I was beating my emaxx senseless with 14 cells and broke the front suspension pins and the skid plate. The bulks look like there ready to snap rite were the pinsgo through.

I was jumping the snowbank and landing upside down on pavement from maybe 7-10 feet and never broke a tower. But im sure now that ive said that the next time I run it they will both break. We broke are all time snowfall record here in New hampshire I beleive . The snowbanks were quite high.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:05 PM
carlbellybutton10

http://www.boomboombatteries.com/pro...00_7c_hump.htm

how abouyt these?
Old 04-24-2008, 09:24 PM
rhino420

i have heard those are good batt so are the energ's on that site for the same price i think im going to order some tonight 100 bucks for 2 isnt not a bad deal !!! thanks for the find carl!
Old 04-26-2008, 11:22 AM
syncronized77

Has anyone figured out what motors the Kershaw Design HO 700's are??

Are they Mabuchi's or Johnsons? Because I was thinking about just picking up their motor mount plate from Kershaw and maybe some pinions....just looking to save a few bucks
Old 04-26-2008, 07:24 PM
fisheydude

You guys have any esc issues yet? Today I plugged in a couple packs (with traxxas connectors). By the time I made it to the couch and sat down, the thing started smoking like hippies in the 70's! I ran to the truck and disconnected the batts. I didn't even turn on the esc! The packs are brand new, it didn't seem to harm them at all. One of the wires broke free from the esc. I drove 80 miles to get this truck from a hobby store so I would have a place to deal with if something happened. I spent more on it but I felt better about it. I hope they will help me out. I have only ran it a little. I was excited to run it today with those batteries. Now I feel screwed! Hopefully the LHS or Traxxas will help me out!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:18 PM
DriftingDragon

send in the esc to traxxas and they will send you a new 1

if it still does it that means its the batts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.