Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official Wheely King Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 11:35 PM
peelin_out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Wheely King Thread

So what are peeps using for shocks? sticking with stock? they seem a bit bouncy to me... just wondering.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:57 PM
djr01974

I'm still using stock shocks , but I put the spacers in to stiffen them up and it seems to work good. I also put 35wt shock oil in them to firm them up.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:06 AM
peelin_out

ok - cool, I'll play around with them this weekend... got my steering links in and servo saver. Hopefully I will get to run a few more packs through it Sat afternoon... get it dirty.

edit: a couple pics of my mostly new mostly stock wk.. put the 20t stinger on it today.. it's faster, but not too much. seems like a very good fit power-wise given the truck's handling abilities. the steering links work well, got a front mount servo plate on the way though. I'll still be able to use all but one part of the alum steering kit.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:33 AM
djr01974

Just ordered some diff lockers from rcguy and a 15 tooth pinion, has anyone used his diff lockers, they look pretty nice.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:03 PM
peelin_out

took a glamor shot today

got some more mods on the way.. RC4WK link kit, axle servo mount, steering knuckles, big bore shocks...
Old 04-08-2010, 10:58 PM
peelin_out

took my WK to the brushless side today.. I installed alum tranny gears, nitro RS4 diff gears, and have traxxas u-joints + output yokes on the way.. got a traxxas 2075 servo and ofna saver also.. it turns nicely now. I have some hot racing air shocks coming.. I hear they are nice.

sidewinder esc running beta fw, punch control @ 70%, drag @ 20%, timing @ low, rev @ 50%.. 4600Kv motor and 5000mah 20c 2s zippy lipo. 21/90 gearing

its so much fun now.. it's fast but not too fast.. very drivable and just a blast. the chin guard is bugging me a little as far as aesthetics go.. but it's already taken a few hits that the servo would have.. so I am leaving it on.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:26 PM
peelin_out

my friend and I hit the beach yesterday with our trucks, I drove my Wheely King a lot, first time on dirt with the brushless also.. it was a blast! here's a video of some of the action..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZQex...layer_embedded