Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Deans
62.83%
Traxxas high current Connectors
37.17%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Deans or Traxxas Connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Sal Bandini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Deans or Traxxas Connectors?

When I converted my Deans to Traxxas connectors, I picked up 3mph top speed and 10 extra minutes of runtime.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:22 PM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Sal Bandini

When I converted my Deans to Traxxas connectors, I picked up 3mph top speed and 10 extra minutes of runtime.

fo realz?

Old 09-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Sal Bandini

ORIGINAL: kaiser01

ORIGINAL: Sal Bandini

fo realz?

Nah, I was just kidding. This whole argument is just so absurd I felt my reply didn't warrant a smiley face.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:32 PM
HJJFFFAA

When I converted to Deans from Molex my plugs stopped melting.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:53 PM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, i was about to pul sal on the "watch list"

infact i don't even know why i clicked on this thread in the first placebecause the argumant is so rediculous.

for the record i use deans.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:54 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

lol
Old 09-14-2010, 02:58 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

bullet's .

I hate soldering any of them But I use xt60

Old 09-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Krazy Chicken

same thing happend when i converted to traxxas plugs

Old 09-14-2010, 05:59 PM
traxxaspede

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

same thing happend when i converted to traxxas plugs [img][/img]

Same here..

I use Traxxas plugs, but the charger I have has deans. I have an adapter because I'm too lazy to solder TRX connectors. I personally like the feel of the deans more, then seem smoother and require less force to pull apart, but since my and my dad use VXL brushless sytems that came with TRX connectors, there's really no reason to switch over. I would say 95% of choosing between the 2 is a personal/convenience factor and the other 5% would probably still be personal/convenience. Unless you have a really really tight space (deans) or really big fingers (traxxas). Also, I have heard that deans can be hard to solder if you don't have a lot of experience, but then the same can go for TRX connectors. The TRX connectors can only have 4mm of bare wire soldered on or else they won't fit into the connector body right, as I learned with the first couple I soldered. I find it helps to hold the tabs with pliers becuase they also act as a barrier to keep solder getting too far down the tab.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:10 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: traxxaspede

Same here..

I use Traxxas plugs, but the charger I have has deans. I have an adapter because I'm too lazy to solder TRX connectors. I personally like the feel of the deans more, then seem smoother and require less force to pull apart, but since my and my dad use VXL brushless sytems that came with TRX connectors, there's really no reason to switch over. I would say 95% of choosing between the 2 is a personal/convenience factor and the other 5% would probably still be personal/convenience. Unless you have a really really tight space (deans) or really big fingers (traxxas). Also, I have heard that deans can be hard to solder if you don't have a lot of experience, but then the same can go for TRX connectors. The TRX connectors can only have 4mm of bare wire soldered on or else they won't fit into the connector body right, as I learned with the first couple I soldered. I find it helps to hold the tabs with pliers becuase they also act as a barrier to keep solder getting too far down the tab.
You went traxxas for pretty much the same reason I did. I got a XL-5 esc with traxxas connector, and I had all tamiyas prior. So I 1st started out slappin the traxxas on my battery. Got another RC put a traxxas on the ESC, got another battery put another traxxas on.
Plus I have pretty big fingers so they are pretty easy to disconnect for me.
I've only had them pop apart once while running and that was from a impact that actually broke the front bumper off my truggy. Just for reference the pinion also got knocked off the motor which was on very tight. Other than that once never had em pop off while running.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Krazy Chicken

i think that is how most started, just i didn't have a traxxas anything, i bought the deans, and they were too small for me, so i bought the traxxas, and started adding to it. i think people that have the deans may have been in the hobby and needed a better connector, and deans was the only available. just a theory.
ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: traxxaspede

Same here..

You went traxxas for pretty much the same reason I did. I got a XL-5 esc with traxxas connector, and I had all tamiyas prior. So I 1st started out slappin the traxxas on my battery. Got another RC put a traxxas on the ESC, got another battery put another traxxas on.
Plus I have pretty big fingers so they are pretty easy to disconnect for me.
I've only had them pop apart once while running and that was from a impact that actually broke the front bumper off my truggy. Just for reference the pinion also got knocked off the motor which was on very tight. Other than that once never had em pop off while running.