Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Rustler VXL or Losi Speed-T?

Old 07-22-2008, 02:22 PM
04DarkShadowGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rustler VXL or Losi Speed-T?

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

So whats the point of the damn Speed-T in the first place? Why don't you just buy a XXX-T and shove a brushless system in it?

The whole point of the Speed-T is Speed. The clue is in the name. The moment you put offroad treads, swap out the diff, lift the suspension, essentially destroy the straightline handling... what is the point?

The point is you can have something that does 60+ mph on road, then do a few minor tweeks and be a racer. People get the speed t over the XXX because its cheaper and rtr. The XXX kit is cheaper but you need to add other stuff to get it running which makes it more $$.

You arent swaping out the diff, you are adding diff balls. The ball diff will help your handling on and off road and is cheap to do. So tweaking the suspension, changing tires, etc destroys what the Speet T was meant for? Just put the on road tires back on and its back.

You are just biased against it so will say whatever you want to sort of fit your point. Much like your esavage is better than the emaxx arguments its all clouded in opinion with nothing factual to back it up.

The facts are the Speed t is better on road, is based off a better racing designed chassis and suspension, has a better radio, has a better brushless system, and with a change of tires is fully off road capable.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:08 AM
Lilredmachine

It is not as fully capable off road as the Firestorm. If you'd done your research you'd know that the diff gear in the Speed-T is different, and has no space to fit balls in it hence it is a different part number and is called a locking diff gear as opposed to a diff gear. You need a new diff. End of.

You are just biased against it so will say whatever you want to sort of fit your point. Much like your esavage is better than the emaxx arguments its all clouded in opinion with nothing factual to back it up.
Ironic, isn't it. You do exactly the same as I've just demonstrated above. Welcome to hypocrit country, population = you.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:47 PM
clivewr

Losi has no DIFF, good on road in a staight line, SH1T for anything else!!!!!!!!

THE END.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:30 PM
myposrustler

ORIGINAL: john01374

Got to agree with dreamin. Losi is a race truck and the rusty is a basher. Rustys are heavy but they're about the strongest 1/10 scale trucks on the market. Losi's are lighter and generally not very strong because they are meant to race. That being said, if the speed-t has the same power as a VXL rusty i don't know how you would ever race it. My VXL bandit is so over powered it's not even funny but that's ok because it's a basher. I currently own a couple of losi's, and have owned about 10 total over the years and yes they are fast and handle great but they have never been strong. When I go out to the open fields I run my Losi's and assoc but if there's anything around I could hit i run my traxxas stuff. If you're bashing go with traxxas.
x2
my t4 is race and my rusty has seen more air than a 747 and crashed harder than a car on the autobond lol if you will do just a small amount of raceing and mostly bashing go for the rusty to take care of some of the handling with it put 2wd slash rear arms on it to give it a toe in and up grade the shock caps
Old 05-03-2011, 11:31 PM
myposrustler

wow didnt know this thred was so old lmao