Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

TOWER HOBBIES SUCKS!!!!

Old 02-01-2008, 09:32 PM
rcmaster103

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TOWER HOBBIES SUCKS!!!!

I've only spent like $1500 there and never had a problem. [8D]
Old 06-16-2009, 01:45 PM
millargh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I recently made an international purchase (ime from Aus) and they sent me emails asking for additional bank details .
I WILL NEVER give out addional bank details to anyone ever ! Why would they even ask ?
I have made plenty of purchases to stores in America and never had a problem like this .
Has anyone else experienced this kinda problem with them ?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Willystylz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the only problem i ever had was a shipment that got into CDN customs and they sent it back to the US for some unknown reason.  tower didn't know anything about it and i had to wait 45 days, then if i still hadn't received my order they'd resend it, which they did no problems.  I was kinda frustrated cause it took forever.  Other than that i've never had a problem with them. 
Old 06-16-2009, 03:54 PM
john01374

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm not going to say they suck but they're certainly not the fastest or the most accurate. In stock items typically take 5+ day before they leave they're IL warehouse and I average having to return at least one item from every shipment I receive. Sometimes more. The last shipment they sent me 3 wrong pinions. I ordered 32P with the standard 3mm bore and received 5mm bore. I've also purchased from them a number of times and confirmed that the items I wanted where in stock just to receive an e-mail days later saying the items are on back order.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Chris_RC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tower doesn't have enough parts and hop up brands plus their shipping takes way too long. Every Sunday I make a $100 order from amain and I get $5 off with free USPS Priority shipping and it gets here Tuesday morning. Towers prices are also very high.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Redvanmafia

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thats what you get when you order stuff online, pay a little more and buy it from the LHS,  

Old 06-16-2009, 04:26 PM
lam1na

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Redvanmafia

Thats what you get when you order stuff online, pay a little more and buy it from the LHS,

I ordered an antenna online for my tx for something like £3 deliver(about $5).. few days later i went to the LHS near me and the same antenna cost £7(about $12)..
I'd rather pay half as much and have to wait a few days.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:04 PM
evader8

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

man i have never had any problems with tower, i just wish tht they carried more brands like losi. i think tht they ship pretty quick when u think about how long it normally takes to ship which is about 7-10 days and tower is like 4-7
Old 06-16-2009, 06:44 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i have spent atleast a few thousand at tower for various projects, and other stuff and have yet to have a problem, i also use a-main but i rely on tower for just about everything, they are kinda like harbor freight but they carry main stream stuff and you cant go in with 50 bucks and walk out with half the store
Old 06-16-2009, 06:55 PM
sharkattack99

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

never bought anything there, always found it some place else cheaper.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:56 PM
kingmaruirc
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tower hobbies has the best service around. I never had a problem except with backorders.. That's not their fault but the manufactures.I sometimes recieve something I didn't order and they told me to keep it and send the right item.So thumbs up for TOWERHOBBIES!!! It's the buyers fault for making the hasty decisions and have to send it back for something else.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:01 PM
nitrocomplex1776

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have been doing business with tower since 2000 and never had any problems and have a few times with returns and they were fast and handled well.  But having said that i must add the returns were for items not needed not for items that were defective those items as they should be are sent to the manufacturer not the seller since that will slow things down a lot. 
Old 06-16-2009, 07:07 PM
sheograth

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've placed well over 100 orders with Tower and every one has been fine, I order a lot of stuff online and they're at the top of my list in terms of reliability. I click the order button and the box will appear at my doorstep within a reasonable amount of time, no hassles ever.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:23 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i belive they even tell you to send it back to the manufacturer
Old 06-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Budget Monty

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have never had any issues with Tower Hobbies. I have ordered over $10K from them in the past 5 years. Sounds like you ordered something before you fully decided what you wanted. I would consider yourself lucky that they are willing to take the return. Be patient, and think more thouroughly before ordering next time. Saying "Tower Hobbies Sucks"is a pretty strong statement to make for your situation in my opinion.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:10 PM
fusebmx13

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I usually get stuff from my lhs. But when I see a cheaper price on tower I order from them. They never fail.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:04 PM
860Crawler

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This sounds like the usual argument. "Something bad happened with one item I purchased so let me make a blanket statement regarding the whole company/product line"
Old 06-17-2009, 12:22 PM
disjaukifa
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have been using tower since 1998 and I have been sent the wrong item once before but they paid for shipping and got my the correctly order quickly. Also I absolutely love there return policy. It seems lately I keep ordering stuff that by the time it gets here I don't need it . . . I have never had a problem with tower. I also search ebay for prices and what not but I usually find tower to be the lowest price one what I buy, don't get me wrong something are cheaper else where.

For example I picked up my Futaba 3PM 2.4Ghz Tx/Rx off RCU Marketplace for about 1/3 the cost of it new on Tower. But some things I like to get new and usually it will be from Tower. If they don't have I usually turn to on eBay.

I would go to my LHS if there was one that was a 1.5 hour drive from where I live . . .

-Disjaukifa
Old 06-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Traxxas4fun
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

tower has ALWAYS been good about shipping.. usually takes 4 days. my dads been ordering plane stuff from them sense they were in busissness
Old 06-17-2009, 02:16 PM
tony0707

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi  we are in the middle of the flying season for the whole nation- tower must be very busy nowthey are a real good company that cares about its customers been dealing with them 20 years -purchases -returns -repairs-all is good -just not fair to say they suck -one of the best companies in the hobby business-and they have earned it from what i see writen here
Old 06-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Willystylz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

and any company dealing with the sheer volume they do are bound to make mistakes from time to time.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Dale54

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tower Hobbies suck? Give me a break! I’ve been ordering from them for years without a problem. The real problem these days is the “instant-gratification-nation” syndrome. It used to take weeks, perhaps months, to construct a project. Waiting a few days, or even weeks, for parts and materials was the normal routine. Changing your mind about purchases took careful consideration. Never is it the sellers fault when you decided to purchase the wrong item. Give Tower Hobbies, or any other hobby dealer some slack when they take a little time to make your indecision right. Try changing your mind at Burger King after you’ve received your order – see what they tell you!    

Old 06-17-2009, 03:13 PM
disjaukifa
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Willystylz

and any company dealing with the sheer volume they do are bound to make mistakes from time to time.
Yeah no company is perfect, including tower, but they really do try their best to get what their customers need. Again I love their return policy, I can send anything I get back that is un-opened, no questions back for a full refund . . . that is just nice.

-Disjaukifa
Old 06-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Casper06

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Iorder anywhere from two to four times a month from Tower and haven't had any issues. Ido however don't like that they cannot cancel an order even though it hasn't been shipped yet. They should have automated that system better in my opinion. Other than that great customer service.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:27 PM
bhady

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've ordered from Tower many times over the years, never a problem, service on merchandise and parts (engine parts) is always on time or earlier than the estimate given. Their service is great, which is a rarity these days.

bady

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.