Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

TOWER HOBBIES SUCKS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Yak Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TOWER HOBBIES SUCKS!!!!

I've been ordering from Tower Hobbies sence 1984. I order lots of stuff for other people on my accout. Even had stuff shipped to Japan for 4 yearsthrough APO while in the Air Force. I had everything in about 8 days. UPS is the way to go.The only problem I had was USPS lost a ARF Super Sportster 40,and Tower sent another one with in 2 weeks of the original order. Had it out of Reno in 3 days UPS. Tower has great prices, no sales taxes for the most part, and has on hand most anything I've needed airplane wise. 90% of what I buy is from Tower.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:06 PM
bboykin

placed order last night got confirnation that credit card was accepted the order was in shipping within 2 hours today is 6-18-09 hope will be by parcel post wife will be at work ??
Old 06-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Glasair2
My Feedback: (93)

Gentlemen, in case you haven't noticed many people are unemployed and businesses are working on a skeleton crew to cut costs, anyone ever consider Towers shipping and receiving staff is somewhat limited and turn around times are double or triple, I've been a Tower customer since day one, 1971, 38 years, I've spent enough to build there warehouse, I have not a one complaint, always outstanding service now and before computers were in every home...... everyone take a deep breath and relax, Tower is doing like all other companies in these tough times, the best they can. If you guys need something yesterday, support your local hobby shop and pay full tilt.

m
Old 06-18-2009, 07:15 PM
stevoramma
My Feedback: (67)

I love Tower Hobbies and never had anything bad to say about them.   If fact they poll you right after the sale and after an item is delivered to make sure that everything is done to your expectation.  They keep track of the negitive responses and try learning from their mistakes to make sure the buying experience is at the highest level.  The onlt think that I don't like is paying the state taxes since I live in Illinois but I would not Blame Tower Hobbies for where I set my roots to live.  I will buy for Tower Hobbies as long I am in this hobby, they are the hands down best choice in R/C anything!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:23 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: retransit

Jecarte,
Your shipping concerns are with the shipper (UPS. USPS?), not Tower. I'm in the same general area of Florida as you, and the shipping time is satisfactory over here.

Bob
i live all the way down in plm beach and dont have any shipping problems
Old 06-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Ellobo777

I've ordered alot from Tower over the last 3 years and have never been disappointed. I've received a part here and there (like a fiberglas nose or wheel pants) that were damaged. I called them up, they looked my order up, and replaced the item no charge, no questions asked. That's pretty good customer service in my opinion.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Ellobo777

I've ordered alot from Tower over the last 3 years and have never been disappointed. I've received a part here and there (like a fiberglas nose or wheel pants) that were damaged. I called them up, they looked my order up, and replaced the item no charge, no questions asked. That's pretty good customer service in my opinion.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:09 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Tower has been 100% perfect on my orders, I yet to have a problem, and the first time I used them  was 1983! I live out in the middle of no-where Wyoming and I get things in less then a week! Tower has a web-site that is easy to find stuff and the best prices I have found! I have been to Colorado to the hobby stores and besides the gas getting there the shops are very spendy, check your wallet at the door spendy! Tower will always get most of my RC buying because I find them to be a very honest place to shop and they do do their best and always have for me! I am a Great planes guy so Tower is great there,I have started to buy  the Hangar 9 planes like the Spitfire and Sopwith Camel and had to go elsewhere but if Tower had sold those planes I would have bought them at Tower! Its a shame they do not because they are very nice planes! And it would be nice if they carried Saito but do love the OS two cycles they carry and the ease of buying parts for them!!  Bob

Remember it is easier to ask for forgiveness then for permission!

Old 06-18-2009, 08:25 PM
retransit
My Feedback: (18)

They used to carry the Saito line years ago. That is where i got my first Saito 1.20. It was discounted because at that time they had specials on certain items if you spent a predetermined dollar amount. Similar to today when they give you a discount for spending X-amount of dollars.

Bob
Old 06-18-2009, 09:23 PM
hairy46

Yes it is too bad they do not carry Saito, They are to me the best four cycles that I have used! I do kind of remember them having Saito but I was not doing the four cycle then, love them now though! Would be nice if they could get the Hangar 9 line, I am really getting found of their ARF's! Tower will always be my #1 place to buy RC! Bob

Want to keep from crashing? Take off and land higher!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:17 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: millargh

I recently made an international purchase (ime from Aus) and they sent me emails asking for additional bank details .
I WILL NEVER give out addional bank details to anyone ever ! Why would they even ask ?
I have made plenty of purchases to stores in America and never had a problem like this .
Has anyone else experienced this kinda problem with them ?
Are you positive that it was Tower asking and not some scammer?????
I got a request from my bank today saying I need to verify some personal info. even though the e-mail looks exactly like my banks stuff I KNOW it's not from them.

If I were you I'd initiate an e-mail (a complete new one, not a reply to thequestionable one)or phone call to Tower and ask if it was, in fact, them. I agree, never give personal/bank info to ANYONE who is contacting you w/o indipendant verification that you are talking to who you think you are. Internet fraud has become way to slick to trust someone just because they ask...
Old 06-19-2009, 01:43 AM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

i love the tower discounts!!!!! i just order a friends rc dirft cars, some stuff and got my O.S. 55AX for less than 60 bucks lol cause i did have a coupon from tower for $100 bucks!!! yeah!!! thats how i got tos of things for "free" lol, i love to make favors to my friends and order from them.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:43 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread has run its course. Apart from the fact that we don't normally allow 'sucks' and similar language to be used in a title, I don't think anything further of relevance can be said that hasn't already been said, all we have is a small number of complainants, and a large number of exponents. I too have never had a problem with Tower in about $4k of orders, and I'm overseas!

This thread will remain on the forum and be searchable. Others reading it can make up their mind, but for now, I'm closing it down.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:42 PM
Flathead
My Feedback: (11)

I have spent a sizeable amount of money in the past, never returned anything etc, but!!, But I ordered two (2) R617FS receivers on one
of their specials. Well, that has been some time ago, and i never heard anything back from them, except in one of my attempts to re-order, I got a notice that it would be April 1 or around there because of demand. So, I waited, nothing---Well, need some batteries, so
I ordered two of their ElectriFLY battery packs and heard nothing from them, so I ordered 2 more, nothing again. If there are oversold, or for some reason they have changed their mind, I would appreciate knowing. I guess there are other suppliers available. Thank you from
FLATHEAD
Old 04-13-2014, 05:50 AM
On2_n_On4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5yo thread

by the way... never had an issue with TH since 1987.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:48 PM
shaughnny

wow talk about bringing a thread back from the dead....
Old 04-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Flathead

I guess I am lucky! I have ordered from "TOWER " for years, (20+) and have not had a problem. If I need to "GRADE" them, I would put them A+++. Thanks TOWER! Flathead
Old 04-18-2014, 01:57 PM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MODS!! :: C'mon! Kill this thread. Delete it. At least lock it, so it doesn't keep popping up. Tower is a reputable outfit. This thread does no good;.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:42 PM
hairy46

Got another order today, and its right, shoot its always right!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Large Larry

Originally Posted by Flathead
I have spent a sizeable amount of money in the past, never returned anything etc, but!!, But I ordered two (2) R617FS receivers on one
of their specials. Well, that has been some time ago, and i never heard anything back from them, except in one of my attempts to re-order, I got a notice that it would be April 1 or around there because of demand. So, I waited, nothing---Well, need some batteries, so
I ordered two of their ElectriFLY battery packs and heard nothing from them, so I ordered 2 more, nothing again. If there are oversold, or for some reason they have changed their mind, I would appreciate knowing. I guess there are other suppliers available. Thank you from
FLATHEAD
Originally Posted by Flathead
I guess I am lucky! I have ordered from "TOWER " for years, (20+) and have not had a problem. If I need to "GRADE" them, I would put them A+++. Thanks TOWER! Flathead
These two posts contradict each other. So when you say you ordered these parts does that mean you paid for them and never got them? If that's the case they should have refunded you. I almost find it hard to believe that they haven't responded to you, I've sent Tower numerous emails over the years and I've always gotten a reply.

The thing I find strange is that the mod said he closed this thread back in 09. Is there like a time limit on closed threads or something so after a while they just reopen themselves?
Old 04-18-2014, 08:24 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tower does suck, I've ordered twice from them over the course of 10+ years of RCing and both times they F upped. The first time i ordered a RC10GT upgrade kit years ago and they sent me the kits with tons of parts missing. It wasn't sealed from AE, they probably sent it out to someone that person kept what they needed and sent it back to them. I was pretty pist about it, a year or so later i ordered something else from them. I can't remember what but it was something simple like wheels or something. They sent me some parts to LORD KNOWS what car. It had nothing to do with what i wanted. Contacting them was a mission, their turn around rate was painfully slow and I've never used them again.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Large Larry

Originally Posted by MiamizFinest
Tower does suck, I've ordered twice from them over the course of 10+ years of RCing and both times they F upped. The first time i ordered a RC10GT upgrade kit years ago and they sent me the kits with tons of parts missing. It wasn't sealed from AE, they probably sent it out to someone that person kept what they needed and sent it back to them. I was pretty pist about it, a year or so later i ordered something else from them. I can't remember what but it was something simple like wheels or something. They sent me some parts to LORD KNOWS what car. It had nothing to do with what i wanted. Contacting them was a mission, their turn around rate was painfully slow and I've never used them again.
That honesty surprises me. If the kit was a return and it came back not sealed they should have sent it back to AE instead of selling it to another customer, someone really dropped the ball on that one. Also surprised to hear that contacting them was anything but easy, every time I've contacted them it's been a breeze. I bought a Tower brand part that was faulty years ago and it was dealt with in no time, I got a refund no questions asked and they told me not to bother sending the faulty part back. I wish there were more companies like Tower. Believe me I have some horror stories when it comes to dealing with companies relating to non RC stuff.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:41 AM
ElectricGuy007

I have not bought from Tower Hobbies in 3 or 4 years. I get my stuff at the local hobby shop if I need anything.
You never know with the bad economy it could end up closing if I dont support it. Ive seen many hobby shops close over the last 2-3 years.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:22 PM
Flathead

Well, I thought it must be time to close this thread on a positive note. I was in need of batteries and connectors that I couldn't get locally, so back i go to "TOWER". Got good response, quick service, Items ordered were here
in less than a week. Nothing about the two missing R617FS receivers I ordered previously. I hope that whoever got them will enjoy them, and I guess I will continue to order from them "FLATHEAD"

fs receivers I had ordered before.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:29 PM
hairy46

Happy things turned out good for you, the one thing I do is always have Tower ship to my job, that's where I am at all the time and even sign for it there, Tower has been perfect for me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.