Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

TOWER HOBBIES SUCKS!!!!

I sent my BL system back to exchange it for a Rustler VXL 2 weeks ago!!! UPS delivered it over a week ago so its just sitting in their warehouse!!! I have called every day for the last week and they say the same thing everytime "we will get to it, just call back at 3:30 to see if it has been processed"... but its never processed! [:@] This is killing me!!![sm=drowning.gif]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: TOWER HOBBIES SUCKS!!!!

I'm in the same situation. They told me that they were about a week behind and it was true.

One return took exactly a week for it to show up and I'm expecting the other to be processed tomorrow or early next although it has been there for about a week already.

Note to others: I would just charge a new one and then send the old one back and ask that the money be returned to paypal or your CC.

It would be a whole lot faster.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mail order is never your friend if you're in a hurry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I placed two orders on tower, one on Monday, another on Tuesday (this week). One order was delivered Yesterday. I expect the other one will be delivered today. Never had any problems with them or their (automated) service. It's probably just returns that slow up the system (since they are hard to automate).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: haole

I sent my BL system back to exchange it for a Rustler VXL 2 weeks ago!!! UPS delivered it over a week ago so its just sitting in their warehouse!!! I have called every day for the last week and they say the same thing everytime "we will get to it, just call back at 3:30 to see if it has been processed"... but its never processed! [:@] This is killing me!!![sm=drowning.gif]

Well that is the only place i order from and i have ordered a lot and i have never had 1 problem.
    They dont suck.
    MuchMore-TeamAssociated-TeamXray-Proline-RedRc-Novak-TeamLosi-AmainHobbies-Oople-RB-Panther RC-Nova Rossi Engines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree that they don't suck! They are my store or choice as well and they ship quickly!

But returns are slow and you should never try to exchange for something you need in a hurry.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IMO its pretty silly to blame them for your mistake, lack of preperation on your part does not constitute an emergency on their part, they have in the past sent me the wrong stuff but when I called to advise they immediately sent the correct kit/part with a return sticker so I could get the incorrect stuff back to them, can't get better customer service than that

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Access

I placed two orders on tower, one on Monday, another on Tuesday (this week). One order was delivered Yesterday. I expect the other one will be delivered today. Never had any problems with them or their (automated) service. It's probably just returns that slow up the system (since they are hard to automate).
    +1

I haven't had any problems with them at all. Usually takes a day for them to process the order and I recieve whatever I had order within 2-3 days after that.
    Evader EXT (sold) | DB-01 Durga | Blackfoot Xtreme (sold) | RC18MT (sold)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sould have sent it back to traxxas , there realy quick with there stuff
    traxxas slash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2OIu9i8yOs
    turmoil pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For the most part I haven't had too many problems with Tower. There have been a few that really ticked me off, but considering the number of orders I make to them, they have been pretty decent.
    \"If you have 10,000 regulations, you destroy all respect for the law.\" -Winston Churchill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh, don't be surprised if this thread gets pulled off. There was a similar posting of rage towards Tower this morning that got taken down. Might be since it was in the wrong section too.
    \"If you have 10,000 regulations, you destroy all respect for the law.\" -Winston Churchill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tower can be very slow or very fast. I had an order placed on the net take two weeks to arrive(and I live in the same state it shipped from) andlater I placed a mail order with them and it came in 4 days(after I mailed it). The first one was delivered by our "dear" friends at the postal service, the second by UPS.
    God bless America

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have never had a problem with tower also.There my favorite source for everything rc.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've spent probably 10s of thousands there, always a good experience.
    RCUniverse.com | Wattflyer.com | RCUvideos.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

iv spent a couple hundred bucks on tower and never had a problem useually what i order gets here faster then it was supposed to
    is smoke supposed to come from there ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would never say they suck. It's probbibly bad luck your having and you need to do whatever it takes to get on top of it. I have spent near $1000-$1500 on there. I have never been under 100% satisfied. The only thing I have ever had wrong was they sent me the wrong part once. They sent me out the part for free, 1st class shipping. What else could I ask for?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nightmare customer alert!

Many people try to scam with returns, refunds, and exchanges so they probably have a policy of seriously checking over all items before issuing a credit. With you sending it in mid January I'm sure it got there right on time for the peak of Christmas returns, exchanges, warranties, and repairs. Now imagine if every customer was like you calling them every day lol, they'd fall even more behind having to man the phones or raise prices to hire more phone support.

I've been on both sides of it and I bet they're just as frustrated as you in getting behind.

I have had a good amount of experience with Tower Hobbies and I have no complaints other than their prices are so low with their constant coupons, they can't keep high demand items in stock!! I want to order an E-Maxx from them lol.
    Adam Alter = www.adamalter.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

mail order is never your friend if you're in a hurry
    very very true

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i buy from horizon =/
    Cars: Losi 8ight 2.0/XXX-4 G+ mamba/Savage Flux Extended/RC8T/Mini E-Revo VXL

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You have to understand their position, can you imagine how many returns they get. Also, this is a service, it costs them money to process returns. Of course it's something they have to do, but you can be sure there are more sales staff than technical staff. It's totally natural. Be patient and try not to hassle them, they are obviously busy and they're not doing it to you on purpose. Wait until it's become an unreasonable amount of time (2 weeks or so), THEN start complaining.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: foxy42

You have to understand their position, can you imagine how many returns they get. Also, this is a service, it costs them money to process returns. Of course it's something they have to do, but you can be sure there are more sales staff than technical staff. It's totally natural. Be patient and try not to hassle them, they are obviously busy and they're not doing it to you on purpose. Wait until it's become an unreasonable amount of time (2 weeks or so), THEN start complaining.
    I know their returns department is probably slamed from christmas but its frustrating when all they tell me is that they dont see anthing on their computer and that their returns must be really backed up... theres no "I will check with returns and see how far behind they are" or simply "i will see what i/we can do". One of the customer service people told me to not use the exchange process but rather just return and make a new order. I think they should list that on the return/exchange information sheet they send out.

FYI - Dont exchange an order at towerhobbies, its better to return and make a new order. I'll probably keep buying from tower unless something like this happens again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As an update to my situation, I logged on this morning and foud that they processed my return - exactly one week after it was received.

That is two of them in the past month that were processed in exactly 1 week after receipt - and that fits exactly what they told me - about one week behind.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My brother works for a smaller rc distribution warehouse in forks pa. he was has been working 12 hour shifts shipping product to people since november. just think about a BIG operation like tower hobbies. I had the same problem with return parts, the wait was even longer. but i am still with tower hobbies
    Evader ST-Brushed/Stampede-VXL/Laser ZX-5 & E-Firestorm- Both Mambafied/REVO 3.3/ HPI BAJA 5B

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: chajones

As an update to my situation, I logged on this morning and foud that they processed my return - exactly one week after it was received.

That is two of them in the past month that were processed in exactly 1 week after receipt - and that fits exactly what they told me - about one week behind.
    One week is not bad at all.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

People need to relax and chill...

A Hobby store has to protect themselves from fraudsters..
    too many times have I seen a Hobby store refund a product only for the manufacturer to say "Does not meet warranty standards"
    So often it is Not the Hobby store but the manufacturer that holds the process up..

I have never met a Hobbystore yet that is out to rip the customer off.. if they did they wouldn't last long as we would all know about it..

4 Weeks is the acceptable time turnaround for a Mail Order IF outside your State..
    This expands to 6 Weeks if outside your Country..

You allow 1 week for Delivery, 1 Week for Processing ,1 week for the Manufacturer and 1 week for it to be Returned to you..

The Longest I have ever wait for parts was 3 months...
    Traction: What a drag.....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast