Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Spektrum Vs Futaba

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Soothsayerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum Vs Futaba

I have the 3PM 2.4Ghz and it is the most awesome thing I have ever owned.

ever.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:59 PM
yzfr191
My Feedback: (2)

Sorry if I interrupt this thread for a moment, but I have a (slightly embarrassing) question- What exactly happens when your radio glitches?

People talk about it like it's your lipo exploding, and if it's that bad, I guess I've never experienced it before. There must be some reason why people use 2.4ghz radios besides adjustability.

I'm not complaining here, just curious.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Krazy Chicken

ORIGINAL: yzfr191

Sorry if I interrupt this thread for a moment, but I have a (slightly embarrassing) question- What exactly happens when your radio glitches?

People talk about it like it's your lipo exploding, and if it's that bad, I guess I've never experienced it before. There must be some reason why people use 2.4ghz radios besides adjustability.

bcicly you loose controll over your car for a couple secends
Old 06-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Always Dreamin

When the signal from your radio to your car is blocked. Your car sits there and the wheels turn by themselves, and sometimes the car even drives on it's own.

I have a question. I can pick up a 3pm FM cheap ($75), is it worth it, or will it still glitch? $189 is a big bullet to bite, but I will save up if I have to.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:22 PM
team carpet fire

when i put my friends dx 2 into my car set all the trimms right i for some reason absolutly hated it my cars turning was not as good
Old 06-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Krazy Chicken

I have a question. I can pick up a 3pm FM cheap ($75), is it worth it, or will it still glitch? $189 is a big bullet to bite, but I will save up if I have to.
what about this?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=SM&I=LXSGB0
Old 06-10-2008, 07:38 PM
shaunmichaeljohnson

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

bcicly you loose controll over your car for a couple secends
because it only takes a couple of seconds for your car to find somthing hard LOL

as for best radios....

well i saw a 3PM in a gas boat once...
the case for hte TX was the same as the spektrum, the reciver was the same as the spektrum, the circuit board in the reciver looked teh same, the finctionality was the same.

the way i see it they are both the same but the 3PM jsut has more of the features that the spektrum has (10 model memory over 2).
i think spektrum and JR have a deal going cause they are so close in hardware it isnt funny!!!.
spektrum jsut HAPPENS to do modules for JR and JR jsut HAPPENS to sell their own radios with spektrum modules installed somtimes...[&:]

but personally...
my DX2.0 kicks ass!!, extreemly fast resopnse time and no glitches (like a gift from god) and built in failsafe. (but i'm guessing the 3pm has this anyway :P )

but my vote goes to the spektrum.

shaun
Old 06-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Always Dreamin

Is that better then the 3pm? I have never heard of that one. The one I can get for $75 was FM, not 2.4.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:33 PM
ronneyj

if price is not a problem then get the DX3R its great and lighter and east to use but its 350 i had a DX3.0 its great but if your going to race save up more for the DX3R just my 2cents
Old 06-10-2008, 09:40 PM
fusebmx13

just get the 3pm man. It is the best i have ever used and it is great for everything, bashing and racing. Plus it has tons of features and even if you dont need them it is still great to know you have them lol.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Always Dreamin

That will most likely be what I do. It WILL take some more saving, though. That just puts Lipo and charger farther down the upgrade list.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:01 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

That will most likely be what I do. It WILL take some more saving, though. That just puts Lipo and charger farther down the upgrade list.
yea i was in your same situation, i bought a 3pm and now i am on to buying lipo. I already have brushless and everything, now i just need the power lol.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Always Dreamin

I think we should stay with our cars for a while. We wont get much for our cars, and the E-firestorm isn't that different. I would be surprised if it was much better then our hopped up cars.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:19 AM
Longhair

I use the [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNRE0&P=ML]Novak Glitch Buster Capacitor[/link] as cheap insurance in all my vehicles.

Does it work? I don't know but I haven't had a runaway vehicle yet.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:28 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: himoto guy

when i put my friends dx 2 into my car set all the trimms right i for some reason absolutly hated it my cars turning was not as good
That's because you guys did not read the manual on how to program.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know where you get that crazy idea.......

With your LiPo, it is probably not much of a problem (in terms of voltage drop..)

ORIGINAL: Longhair

I use the [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNRE0&P=ML]Novak Glitch Buster Capacitor[/link] as cheap insurance in all my vehicles.

Does it work? I don't know but I haven't had a runaway vehicle yet.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Longhair

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

I don't know where you get that crazy idea.......

With your LiPo, it is probably not much of a problem (in terms of voltage drop..)
Some bad influence turned me on to them [sm=tired.gif]

The semi (if the backordered paint ever shows up so I can finish it) will be using FM & NiMh while the VW Beetle (on the Whirlpool List [sm=drowning.gif]) is going to be 2.4GHz & NiMh since it will be my slow indoor RC.

So far all the motors I have are Brushed so I wonder when using a BL system if there will be any issues with glitching.