Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

My Brushless RedCat Tornado EPX

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 04:35 PM
pede_187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Brushless RedCat Tornado EPX

here is someone's video of their brushless tornado with the 3300KV motor on a 2s LiPo and stock gearing http://youtube.com/watch?v=KywosfFnmV0&feature=related

and he got it to wheeie http://youtube.com/watch?v=bPT0rwsqSjY&feature=related
Old 03-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Matthew007

ah thanks good idea
Have you used heavy silicone oil in the rear or any modifications to the differentials? What it do for you?
The differentials seem like 100% slip when spun by hand which is not fun at all unless going in straight lines.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Matthew007

Anyone?

Oh the vid too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCxd0ho-SKo
Old 03-24-2008, 08:37 AM
pede_187

I don't know. I could try.

and you say the propel are good cells. are talking up there with IB?
Old 07-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Matthew007

Wow took this kit out last night and because of the rain it glitched and turned 20mph into a curb and nothing really happened. One battery tower mount broke off but I use zip ties anyways, the front wheel tie rods came off but did not break..AMAZING. All I need to do is straighten out one dog bone with a heavy plier and all is good. I was running it RWD on dry concrete and it still handles great.
I put 10000wt associated silicone oil in the front and rear differential. It still allows for slip but it provides enough torque to the slipping wheel to get it going.
I was using the 3300KV china motor, the feigao causes too much cogging with my crappy esc.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:26 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: Matthew007

Wow took this kit out last night and because of the rain it glitched and turned 20mph into a curb and nothing really happened. One battery tower mount broke off but I use zip ties anyways, the front wheel tie rods came off but did not break..AMAZING. All I need to do is straighten out one dog bone with a heavy plier and all is good. I was running it RWD on dry concrete and it still handles great.
I put 10000wt associated silicone oil in the front and rear differential. It still allows for slip but it provides enough torque to the slipping wheel to get it going.
I was using the 3300KV china motor, the feigao causes too much cogging with my crappy esc.
I really wouldnt try and bend dog bones back straight, they spin and have to be perfectly straight which you arent going to get them back with pliers.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Matthew007

Except I've done it before actually. See, metal bends, and you can bend it the way you like. Amazing stuff.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:42 PM
electricrcdude

It is not as bad of a car as most people think. Mine has done everything and I have only had a problem with the stock motor and ESC, but everyone replaces those anyways. I made mine 2-wheel drive and it had an all metal diff in the front and I am guessing the same in the back. Really great beginner car, too.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Matthew007

"It is not as bad of a car as most people think." People who actually have the Redcat Torndado EPX especially with a brushless set up love it. It's amazing to me how hyped up other kits are like when I bought a Tamiya Hummer which is trash but everyone makes it out to be this great kit when almost everything about it is engineered to handle like crap and fall apart.

I guess Unless it's atleast $200 MSRP, has a japanese name (and I thought most of us live in America anyways lol), and you have to buy parts for it all the time (cause it is made of crap plastic that falls apart or the stock kit is horrible), it wont be as hyped up as the other kits. That's sad.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:47 PM
ragleo

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how long I need to charge my 7.2V 1800 mah stock batteries.
The first time I charged until 9 hours and I still did not see the led change from red.

Thank you
Old 07-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Matthew007

The stock battery would never fully charge on my MRC brain. It's more like 500mah of crap. Throw it out, go on all-battery.com and even with 15 bux u can get a better battery. Use codes from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/all-battery.com for free shipping. They ship fast too.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:34 PM
ragleo

Thank you Mathew,
I might go ahead and buy 4200mAh Tenergy.
I think I can still use the stock charger, do you know how much time it takes to charge 4200mAh battery.
Do you recommend to get a new better charger, I would like to avoid buying a new one though.