Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

losi speed t questions?should i buy?

Old 02-29-2008, 01:10 AM
jonnymobil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi speed t questions?should i buy?

well i am thinking of getting the speed t from losi.i really like it but i can only have one electric and i have to have one that can do it all so i have some questions.

1 How long do you think the trans missions will last with the brushless running it and the good grip of the street tires?

2 can i use the off road wheels from the previous xxx-t kits?

3 will the other losi 1/10 bodies fit?like the stock xx-t and mf 1 and mf2 bodies?

4 what is different parts wise besides the obvious stuff.how much of it is compatable with the xxx-t platform?i doubt they would design a whole new truck?does it have the same trans?suspension components?chassis?wheels?

5 will the uluminum xxx-t upgrade parts be compatable with the speed t? hub carriers,bulkhead,arms,motor plate,shocks,turnbuckles,shock towers?

i really like the truck but i dont want something that i can never find parts or upgrades for.i mean xx-t parts are all over ebay cheap and id really like to be able to use em if i need em.i mean the truck is no good if i can only use the street tires.if there compatable i could buy some used xxx-t tires for like 25 bucks and go offroad.also i noticed the shock towers are laid down but do you think its the same bulkhead and could bolt on the xxx-t ones?whats compatable and whats not?i mean is everything unique to this truck or will there be plenty of aftermarket stuff allready out there because its basicly a xxx-t?Man i sure hope so.has annyone seen a review with good pics yet anny where?
Old 02-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Always Dreamin

Default RE: losi speed t questions?should i buy?

I would get the E-firestorm Flux.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:44 AM
ftt4maniac

For rtr, get the e-firstorm.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:19 PM
cheech4

both are very similar, the losi will handle better but the firestorm is slightly more durable and will handle a brushless better cuz its all metal tranny. but the losi is no slouch in durability either. IMO losi is a screaming buy cuz it handles great the insane speeds and its more durable than its prior brushless the XXXT, PLUS it has spektrum technology in the radio. lastly losi wont make claims that the car can do 65 mph if its tranny could not handle it so the losi is good to go...
Old 03-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

You guys make me laugh... The E-Firestorm isnt going to go anywere near as fast as the Speed-T with the sidewinder and that motor. If the Speed-T gets a fresh set of offroad tires and taking off the wheelie bar then its just as capable as the E-Firestorm in handling ability. Its basically just a modded xxx-t which is 100x better than than any other st out their. I say get a XXX-T CR with a nice BL system or just go for the Speed-T and do the mods I just mentioned and you'll be 100% satisfied.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Access

ORIGINAL: cheech4
both are very similar, the losi will handle better but the firestorm is slightly more durable and will handle a brushless better cuz its all
Didn't this come up in a thread before? That the Losi has a locked differential and therefore will handle very poorly if you try to do anything other than go in a straight line. The Flux will be a better all-around setup IMO. The E-firestorm has a sealed planetary gear diff so you can adjust it with viscous oil.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:01 PM
team carpet fire

buy a xxx-t cr or a mf2 there great trucks and the same as the speed-t
Old 03-03-2008, 10:42 PM
VXL ENCHILADA

E-firestorm flux...
Old 03-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Aerospike

Old 03-07-2008, 04:32 AM
jonnymobil

yea i do like the all metal trand of the firestorm but thats all it has going for it.i mean the losi comes with a locked diff so thats good for me because i dont race i just want to get sideways and spin up dirt.also it comes with the quick program card and the esc has a fan and looks quite bit more beefy than the firestorms esc.and te losihas a wheely bar and sick street tires and offroad tires are cheap online,way cheaper than a nice set of street treads.plus the shocks are aluminum and it has a spectrum so your brushless truck will be fast more than once(it wont run off on you).in my opinion the losi is so much more.i am just concerned about the transmission.does annyone know if someone makes steel aftermarket gears for a losi transmission?and besides the fux is ugly compared to the losi.its not as bad as the brushed version with its all black everything.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:19 AM
Wevie

From another forum:

i bought one of these spiffy new Rtr's from losi yesterday.. less than 10 minutes later i was in the house tearing the transmission apart.... i completely stripped the diff gear
and

You can remove the Locker/Spool Pads and put carbide balls and and you have a fully functioning diff.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:58 AM
haole

ORIGINAL: jonnymobil

yea i do like the all metal trand of the firestorm but thats all it has going for it.i mean the losi comes with a locked diff so thats good for me because i dont race i just want to get sideways and spin up dirt.also it comes with the quick program card and the esc has a fan and looks quite bit more beefy than the firestorms esc.and te losihas a wheely bar and sick street tires and offroad tires are cheap online,way cheaper than a nice set of street treads.plus the shocks are aluminum and it has a spectrum so your brushless truck will be fast more than once(it wont run off on you).in my opinion the losi is so much more.i am just concerned about the transmission.does annyone know if someone makes steel aftermarket gears for a losi transmission?and besides the fux is ugly compared to the losi.its not as bad as the brushed version with its all black everything.
sounds like you got mind made up already.

...so just go and buy it already and give us all a review. I'm sure you will be stoked on it as you would be with any of the new brushless models!
Old 03-07-2008, 11:17 AM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: jonnymobil

dont forget the spektrum technology dsm 2.4ghz radio
Old 03-09-2008, 07:22 PM
smackymb101

I just bought the new speed t and its a nice car. But for racing the locking diff has to come out, Other than that Losi is number 1 in my book.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:52 AM
murderone

ive got the speed t with flux system instead of xcelorin and ball diff and no complaints,plenty fast
Old 04-20-2009, 08:43 AM
kahnen

According to this you should be able to get an aluminum locker soon. Also if you decided to go a ball diff looks like the aluminum ball diff works too. If that works I would assume the aluminum idler would work, so looks like an all metal tranny for a speed-t.

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...ies/Categories

oh yeah, heres the idler:
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...l-Idler/Detail
Old 04-20-2009, 08:53 AM
kahnen

The speed t shares alot of stuff with the xxx-t rtr/xxx-t cr. The tranny is just a Gen 1 with a locked spool.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:38 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Takedown

You guys make me laugh... The E-Firestorm isnt going to go anywere near as fast as the Speed-T with the sidewinder and that motor. If the Speed-T gets a fresh set of offroad tires and taking off the wheelie bar then its just as capable as the E-Firestorm in handling ability. Its basically just a modded xxx-t which is 100x better than than any other st out their. I say get a XXX-T CR with a nice BL system or just go for the Speed-T and do the mods I just mentioned and you'll be 100% satisfied.
Where did any one say the Firestorm is as fast as the speed T? I read all the post before yours and nobody says its as fast....