Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

What body design would you want for a XXX-T/NT or T4/GT2?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

What body design would you want for a XXX-T/NT or T4/GT2?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 01:57 PM
banzaij
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What body design would you want for a XXX-T/NT or T4/GT2?

If you someone was designing a new body for the XXX-T/NT or T4/GT2, what you ask for?
Personally, I'd like to see something different than just the typical ST body with traditional shock tower bulges. Maybe even a way to utilize a wing.
Does it need to be race legal? (Need to research any rules that might come into play.)

I'm thinking of making my own, but was curious that others would be looking for. I might take some of that feedback into account and potentially make extras if I take the idea that far.

So, post what you think would be input for compelling body designs that you'd want to see.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:28 PM
banzaij

Default RE: What body design would you want for a XXX-T/NT or T4/GT2?

Bump...

Is everyone satisfied with the stock or Proline offerings?

Wouldn't some of you want to see something different?
Old 03-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Checkpointracer

The only thing I would like is a rear wing like something on a truggy...And be race legal.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:59 PM
banzaij

I'm with you on the rear wing. I still need to define race legal better. ROAR rules while not exact, generally specify that it must resemble a full-size truck. I'm not sure how you could put a wing on vs. the traditional flat spoiler and still comply with that particular rule. BUT, if most folks do not have to comply with ROAR rules, then maybe it is still an option. Is there a particular set of rules or regulations that I should be looking at?

Some of my ideas were to lower the roof line and raise the mount point for a spoiler or wing so it could be more effective. Most of the current stuff has the rear spoiler about the height of the roof, which probably reduces its effectiveness. (Maybe that's not a problem?)

BUT, having a design that raises the bed area, reduces the prominence of the shock towers, and effectively raises where the spoiler sits is kind of what I'm initially toying with. That and possibly a lower profile cab area. If I can figure out a reasonable way to go with a wing, I'll consider that too. If common rules are an issue, it could just be a matter of making those changes more subtle.

In addition, I could also make a more cutting edge body without concern for strict race rules. For those who don't care, it would definitely be more unique.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:11 AM
bte214

I'm fine with the Jconcpets Illuzion and Crowdpleazers.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:23 AM
sloppyG

you should make something that looks like a 1988 acura integra
Old 03-14-2008, 12:57 AM
banzaij

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

you should make something that looks like a 1988 acura integra
We're talking Stadium Truck, not the XXX-S (road car). Were you serious about that on a truck chassis?

I'm thinking more of a truggy-like look, but maybe a bit more aero or sleek if I can get that to work. I'm trying to figure that out before putting time and effort into a prototype. I'll probably mock up some digital images first.