Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 03:23 PM
DARKWAV

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

...Speaking of bodies...

Anyone planning to try out the JConcepts J82 body for the T4 to go for the buggy look on their E-Firestorm? Just wondering. Would be neat to see someone fit that up and fab a wing mount for an E-Firestorm.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Always Dreamin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really have no plans of upgrading the truck. I just want to make sure I can get replacement parts. Other then that, this will totally be a budget truck.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Josh222

That wheelie bar works just fine. The build Quality is very nice, I could even see thread lock on the screws holding it together and the wheels didn't wobble at all. The Aluminum it is made of is a MUCH higher grade than that of what Integy uses.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:31 PM
fusebmx13

I am considering getting one of these trucks to. I just want to know if it is worth buying. I mean it looks way nicer than the rustler and stampede and it has bearings and all metal gear tranny. But i am worried about it being able to hit good size jumps and not break. I mean GOOD SIZE JUMPS!!! I jump my stampede very high and it doesnt break at all. But it is completely upgraded and is very expensive to keep running.
Is this truck good with the stock motor? if not i will either drop my 5700 in it with 2s lipo or i will buy a 4600 SW.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Always Dreamin

I'm right there with you Fuse. I also have a heavily upgraded Rustler. I don't know what you mean about being expensive to run, though. I haven't broken a part that I can remember. My Rustler is a great truck. It's just not as high quality. I think after five years of R/C I am ready to move up the chain. Lipo, 2.4ghz, and a nicer car. The Rustler is a great car, but I am ready to move on. It's so hard though, I cannot get what I want for my Rustler selling it. Then I will have to buy the E-firestorm and then of course brushless. BTW on a side note- Go for the SW 4600. It can handle 3s, and is pretty cheap. I have seen videos of it, and it really rips with that setup. The truck doesn't look that strong, but I've heard that it will really take a beating. I just don't think it will be more durable then my Rustler because the worst thing I've done to it lately was a popped out screw. That just screwed back in.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:05 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

I'm right there with you Fuse. I also have a heavily upgraded Rustler. I don't know what you mean about being expensive to run, though. I haven't broken a part that I can remember. My Rustler is a great truck. It's just not as high quality. I think after five years of R/C I am ready to move up the chain. Lipo, 2.4ghz, and a nicer car. The Rustler is a great car, but I am ready to move on. It's so hard though, I cannot get what I want for my Rustler selling it. Then I will have to buy the E-firestorm and then of course brushless. BTW on a side note- Go for the SW 4600. It can handle 3s, and is pretty cheap. I have seen videos of it, and it really rips with that setup. The truck doesn't look that strong, but I've heard that it will really take a beating. I just don't think it will be more durable then my Rustler because the worst thing I've done to it lately was a popped out screw. That just screwed back in.
well dude you dont drive like i do and you dont drive hard enough . Just kidding. Yea i will probably get one of these trucks after lipo. I am going to order two 2s lipo, charger, and power supply, and some deans for 180 and that should get my stampede up and running nicely (after new transmission). Then i will be getting a firestorm, i would get a gas truck but i like electric now that a lot of stuff is getting cheaper and faster[X(]
Old 06-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Always Dreamin

Unless you're going to sell you Stampede, and I advise against it, I would keep the Stampede. You said on AIM that you prefered the Stampede over the Rustler. The Rustler is the same as the E-firestorm, the E-firestorm just handles better. You did say how you liked the ground clearence.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:18 PM
fusebmx13

Unless you're going to sell you Stampede, and I advise against it, I would keep the Stampede. You said on AIM that you prefered the Stampede over the Rustler. The Rustler is the same as the E-firestorm, the E-firestorm just handles better. You did say how you liked the ground clearence.
yea but i figure if i like both trucks, why not have both? lol. But i will keep the stampede and get an e firestorm. I do like the ground clearance but i like the handeling also so im widening my pede and that will do, then im buying an e firestorm as a racer and somewhat of a basher. I dont like losi very much and associated is nice but to much for me right now so im going with hpi (which i have had good luck with so far)
Old 06-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Ev1er

When is the E-firestorm FLUX actually released ?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:40 AM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: Ev1er

When is the E-firestorm FLUX actually released ?
I think tower says late june
Old 06-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Ev1er

First it was late may, then in the middle of june, and now late june ?

Well, can't wait to get the beast, though[>:]
Old 06-11-2008, 01:49 PM
ElectricGuy007

I have just ordered me one of these. I like the rtr version because of the rims.
Remember the RS4-MT, well I'll be putting those cvds in this truck amoung other upgrades including black rpm ball-cups to make the truck stronger.

The brushless system I ordered also for the truck is a 9.5 turn LRP eraser brushless motor and LRP AI pro waterproof esc.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Enzyme80

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

I am considering getting one of these trucks to. I just want to know if it is worth buying. I mean it looks way nicer than the rustler and stampede and it has bearings and all metal gear tranny. But i am worried about it being able to hit good size jumps and not break. I mean GOOD SIZE JUMPS!!! I jump my stampede very high and it doesnt break at all. But it is completely upgraded and is very expensive to keep running.
Is this truck good with the stock motor? if not i will either drop my 5700 in it with 2s lipo or i will buy a 4600 SW.

What do you mean by good size jumps? I wish I had a way of taping my last bash. As I have said this truck just does not break. The stock motor is ok for me ( this is my first rc) but people who have had others or BL do not like the speed. I will be getting the SW 4600 soon but for now the motor works fine. I have cleared my basketball hoop as of yesterday before that I was clearing my head. Clearing the BB hoop was a slow jump but it made it and landed on all 4.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:53 AM
dafpnp

First reason I shouldn't have upgraded to SW4600 :-(
This is my First RC and I was enjoying it for a couple of months now and thought of upgrading it.
So, SW4600 and deans and IB4600, Hyperion EOS0606i charger, etc.
Ok. My new charger tells me that my older EP 3600 batterys are about to die. They take only 2200 now.
-
Anyways, I was all set with my new setup and still old "dead" battery as new ones are still under formation process.
-
Out you go, a wheelie, a topple over .. and bang into curb and front wheel hub carrier is broken.
-
I am out for next 15 days and that's the time it takes for parts to arrive :-(
-
Worst, I didn't find it on tower or omni.
-
Know any place I can find it and would they ship internationally?
-
Old 06-12-2008, 04:08 PM
stasoccerkid

ORIGINAL: Enzyme80

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

What do you mean by good size jumps? I wish I had a way of taping my last bash. As I have said this truck just does not break. The stock motor is ok for me ( this is my first rc) but people who have had others or BL do not like the speed. I will be getting the SW 4600 soon but for now the motor works fine. I have cleared my basketball hoop as of yesterday before that I was clearing my head. Clearing the BB hoop was a slow jump but it made it and landed on all 4.
About 25-30 feet high lol. I have brushless right now, the sidewinder 5700 and it is insane, tons of speed. If i bought one of these i would drop the sidewinder in it after about 4 runs of the stock motor lol.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Always Dreamin

Man, I really want one of these. It's on my wish list, but I don't know if I will ever get to it. [&o]
Old 06-12-2008, 06:53 PM
grimreeper621

the stock motor on my efirestorm didnt even get a chance to be used, i just dropped a sidewinder 4600 in right when i took the truck out of the box, its got plenty of speed and power for bashing with a 7.2v lipo
Old 06-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Always Dreamin

Has anyone broke theirs yet? [&:]
Old 06-13-2008, 05:03 PM
cubfan09

I am going to buy one of these this week, im not going brushless yet though

-Where should i buy it from and how much is it (Best deal)?

-What NiHM Battery should i buy and where from??? (looking for a battery under $50 that wont fry my car)

-besides brushless, what else should i upgrade?

ALL HELP APRECIATED
Old 06-13-2008, 05:08 PM
DriftingDragon

yep broke fronts arms and had the motor cease

Old 06-13-2008, 05:10 PM
DriftingDragon

ORIGINAL: cubfan09

I am going to buy one of these this week, im not going brushless yet though

-Where should i buy it from and how much is it (Best deal)?

-What NiHM Battery should i buy and where from??? (looking for a battery under $50 that wont fry my car)

-besides brushless, what else should i upgrade?

ALL HELP APRECIATED
duratrax piranha 2000mAh 6 or 7 cell

not that many upgrades for it so it would be motor, esc, and radio equiptment
Old 06-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Frozen72

You can get WAY better batteries for under $50 just look on www.towerhobbies.com
Old 06-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: DriftingDragon

yep broke fronts arms and had the motor cease

I would hate to see the other guy!

What did you run into?
Old 06-13-2008, 07:07 PM
DriftingDragon

curb and the motor just stop i think i was corroded i was running in the winter
Old 06-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Always Dreamin

Well, that was bad driving. From what I've heard the truck is very solid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.