Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:47 PM
heta peta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

ORIGINAL: AquarianGuy78

ORIGINAL: 73

-The brushed E-Firestorm does come with a servo saver, it's at the bellcrank (is that what it's called?) area.

-For those who've filled the diff with silicon oil, does it leak? I filled mine with 1000wt silicon oil and it leaks out from the outdrives after 2 packs. After replacing the oil seal inside the diff case, the same thing happen. I'm probably going to stop running diff oil if it is not working out.

-Has anyone got his hands on the replacement front arm of this truck??? I've a pair back-ordered for months and yet to see them, so I'm wondering if HPI ever released replacement front arms. As for the rear arms, they have been available for a long time now.

(I'm new, correct me if I made any mistakes. )
One more thing...I talked with a fellow E-Fs owner and he said to make sure you use loctite on the differential bolts to make sure it doesnt come loose.
You are gonna have to keep us/me posted on the difference between the ST & the E- firestorm. Your first review of the truck, the Mamba conversion and all! I had my eye one the f-storm a year ago, now i want one too. Good luck with it! I'll bet the the trans. is flawless and no changes have to be made..
Old 08-06-2008, 11:10 PM
heta peta

Has anyone had issues with the stock E-Firestorm trans. with a brushless motor installed? Also does the RTR ($200) version come with all metal internal gears?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:53 PM
AquarianGuy78
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: heta peta

Has anyone had issues with the stock E-Firestorm trans. with a brushless motor installed? Also does the RTR ($200) version come with all metal internal gears?
The brushed model is exactly the same as the Flux model...only difference is the motor/ESC. The tranny is designed for low turn and brushless motors.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:58 PM
heta peta

OK, I just ordered an E-Firestorm from EHOBBIES.COM, it was a good deal at $191.00 plus shipping. I also bought a new condo. today, so the wife is gonna love this one[:@]
Old 08-07-2008, 12:01 AM
heta peta

I am gonna put the MM 5700 in it. I use it with the pede and used to with the evader. it's just cheaper to swap the same motor and ESC between trucks.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:11 AM
DARKWAV

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

-For those who've filled the diff with silicon oil, does it leak? I filled mine with 1000wt silicon oil and it leaks out from the outdrives after 2 packs. After replacing the oil seal inside the diff case, the same thing happen. I'm probably going to stop running diff oil if it is not working out.

-Has anyone got his hands on the replacement front arm of this truck??? I've a pair back-ordered for months and yet to see them, so I'm wondering if HPI ever released replacement front arms. As for the rear arms, they have been available for a long time now.

All gone after only 2 runs! I've been using Associated 30K diff fluid so far. It does leak out some at the outdrives but my experience with 30K is that it will last quite a while. Maybe just packing it full (or at least more than what came in it from the factory) of some heavyweight diff grease will let you go much longer between servicing and still provide some limited slip. The truck just drives a whole lot better when the diff is tight like that and getting plenty of power down to both wheels. From the factory it pretty much behaves like an open diff.

I've had the front arms pretty much since the E-Firestorm came out since it is the same part number as the front arms for the Nitro Firestorm as mentioned earlier. Front arms are in stock at Tower right now.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:09 AM

A big thank you for all the replies and advices, especially regarding the arms.
Ive searched for "E Firestorm" parts at Towers and that turned up almost empty... LOL, I should have thought of searching for HPI arms!
Thanks a ton, again.

Anyone looking at getting a electric truck, this E-Firestorm will not disappoint! I've hammered it at least 6runs/week (some times, more) for almost half a year now, and it's still going.
Only wasted the stock motor (wear & tear),
Burnt the ESC w a too-high turn motor,
Replaced rear tires (wear),
Replaced drive shafts and axles(wear).
[8D][8D][8D]
Old 08-07-2008, 08:58 AM
SN33KY

Hey where do you get the axels?

lol cant find any replacements on ebay
Old 08-07-2008, 11:37 AM
AlphaDOG

rear ball ends popped off my turnbuckles does anyone know a good upgrade on this can will direct fit on stock ball studs ? I know RPM but not sure about the correct parts numbers...
Old 08-07-2008, 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: SN33KY

Hey where do you get the axels?

lol cant find any replacements on ebay
Got them from my local hobby shop, which I supposed picked them up at the local HPI distributor.
I've got shock springs, shock tower, front "bumper and stuffs from local shops here. The one thing that bugged me was, where the h*ll are the front arms!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:41 AM
jakobw

Hi

I Want to make my HPI E-Firestorm as strong as possible, help me??

my upgrades so far :

Mamba SIDEWINDER 4600kv
TrakPower 7.4v 4900mAh 25C LiPo Race Pack
T-Bone Racing Front Bumper
Hitec 645MG Servo
87251 - ALUMINUM THREADED SHOCK SET (67-87mm / 2pcs)
87252 - ALUMINUM THREADED SHOCK SET (70-103mm / 2pcs)

any upgrades i need to make it stronger (bulletproof) ?
Old 08-07-2008, 12:25 PM
MTpockets

what differences are ther between the e- firestorm flux and the rustler vxl. ive been looking at getting the vxl rustler and then noticed the flux. i have a stampede vxl and its pretty awesome, just wondering what you guys thought of the flux.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: MTpockets

what differences are ther between the e- firestorm flux and the rustler vxl. ive been looking at getting the vxl rustler and then noticed the flux. i have a stampede vxl and its pretty awesome, just wondering what you guys thought of the flux.
the rustler and stampede use a lot of the same parts, so that's a benefit. the flux is the better car, though.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:38 PM
offroadjunkie

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: MTpockets

the rustler and stampede use a lot of the same parts, so that's a benefit. the flux is the better car, though.
i agree.should be much better,especially for racing.the rustlers i've had in the past were great bashers,but that's all they were designed to be.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:20 PM
AquarianGuy78

ORIGINAL: AlphaDOG

rear ball ends popped off my turnbuckles does anyone know a good upgrade on this can will direct fit on stock ball studs ? I know RPM but not sure about the correct parts numbers...
hey Alpha! Vrooom gave me a good tip on #rc. He said to replaced the ball cups/studs with rod ends that you bolt on. They don't pop off this way. I have a few rod ends coming with my order and when I get the setup working, I'll post here. Otherwise just get ahold of Vrooom in chat.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:02 PM
mercerbeef

i used 10,000wt diff oil, and it bled out after 2 5min races, but when i opened it there was still some in it. i asked at hpi and they said the diff wasn't made to hold oil. if you check it leaks outa the outdrives, a friend told me to use the orange seals, but theyr too small, a slightly larger one might work but the lhs hasn't got any in yet

rpms ball cups are to small, i'm doing what vrooom said lol

jakobw- go back to about page 15 for some aluminum upgrades

also the nitro firestorms arms will fit on the e-firestorm, as well as the shock towers
Old 08-07-2008, 07:31 PM
SN33KY

http://www.platinumrcproducts.com/prc%20178.html

PRC178 - HPI E-Firestorm Carbon Fiber Kit

I got that.. the quality isnt really that good but i guess it is ok

And also which ballcups and turnbuckles should i get if the rpm ones dont fit?

I heard about lunsford punisher but i havent seen them on ebay yet...
Old 08-08-2008, 06:34 AM
mercerbeef

i took my stock turn buckles in to he lhs and compared them to lundsford to see which size i'd need
Old 08-08-2008, 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: mercerbeef

i used 10,000wt diff oil, and it bled out after 2 5min races, but when i opened it there was still some in it. i asked at hpi and they said the diff wasn't made to hold oil. if you check it leaks outa the outdrives, a friend told me to use the orange seals, but theyr too small, a slightly larger one might work but the lhs hasn't got any in yet
When I next open up the gearox for servicing, I'm going to remove the diff oil and add some washers to "tighten" up the little "diff-adjustment spring" inside. Will then try if that work, theorectically it should...
Old 08-08-2008, 07:08 AM
AquarianGuy78

When I next open up the gearox for servicing, I'm going to remove the diff oil and add some washers to "tighten" up the little "diff-adjustment spring" inside. Will then try if that work, theorectically it should...
I don't see what the issue is with the diff not holding oil. It is sealed and should be holding. It even states in the description on hpi's site that the diffs can be tuned using different silicone oils.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:50 AM
SN33KY

Oh ok,

I dont really have many LHS's that sell that stuff around here...

Oh yeah my diffs are filled with associated black grease...

works alright
Old 08-08-2008, 10:12 AM
heta peta

ORIGINAL: AquarianGuy78

I don't see what the issue is with the diff not holding oil. It is sealed and should be holding. It even states in the description on hpi's site that the diffs can be tuned using different silicone oils.
What is better, diff grease or oil? I can't find many pics of the trans. . Now i can't wait to get it!
Old 08-08-2008, 12:50 PM
AlphaDOG

I use 10,000 diff silicone fluid in my e-fs diff and it leak where the rear output shaft ... does this is the best way to stop leak ?

Old 08-08-2008, 03:08 PM
electricrcdude

Hey guys having some issues. 30+ runs finally bent a turnbuckle. Should I get the 2 3/4" set from Lunsford or get the Associated Factory Team set same size for the T4? Factory Team's are cheaper and made of the same stuff, just blue.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:43 PM
ohgrfreak

the lunsfords are kick butt!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.