Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 06:12 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Yes castle motors kv ratings are under load and novaks are unloaded, thats why the castle motors are alot faster.So take around 800rpm off the novak motors to give you a true kv rating.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Paron34
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed that my Novak 5000 has a little bit more punch than my castle 5700 but not much. I going to mail my Havoc3S soon as I'm done moving this week. They Novak tech guy said the same thing as Redfisher,that they need to flash the ram on the Havoc's considering it was one of the first ones out I thought it might be a first gen tech problem.I got it the first day they were out so at least I'm not crazy and it really was having thermals at 110 F.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:35 AM
blank916

...they were racing around our neighborhood and hit a parked car lol !!! Yo thanks for the info...i have the t-bone bumpers on the thing now. One of the few things never even flinch when my boys crash....
Old 07-26-2010, 10:43 AM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: Paron34

I noticed that my Novak 5000 has a little bit more punch than my castle 5700 but not much. I going to mail my Havoc3S soon as I'm done moving this week. They Novak tech guy said the same thing as Redfisher,that they need to flash the ram on the Havoc's considering it was one of the first ones out I thought it might be a first gen tech problem.I got it the first day they were out so at least I'm not crazy and it really was having thermals at 110 F.
i have a first gen 2s havoc and it thermals at 150f I hear they can flash it for 175f, But I like the 150f as you will not damage it at that temp.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:11 PM
DarksideVR

I talked to NOVAK today. they sent my stuff back to me on friday. they didn't tell me the exact problem but, they did replace my motor under warranty
Old 07-26-2010, 01:42 PM
redfisher1974

Very good, Glad it went well.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:30 PM
nitro-rob

I've had great experiences with Novak and Castle's tech support (and I had them on speed dial at one point). I'm glad you are getting your stuff soon.

I havn't had the storm or anything but the crawler out for a while - too busy.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:33 PM
nitro-rob

I was on the RPM site the other day and sent them a message wondering if they knew the T/B4 bumpers fit the firestorm and this was their response:

Dear Rob,
Per your suggestion, I grabbed our shop truck to try the Associated T4 / B4 front bumper to see if it would fit. You are absolutely correct, the hole positions are a perfect fit! However, there is one small problem that makes it a no-go. The RPM T4 bumpers have a countersink boss in all four screw locations while the front section of the chassis on the HPI Blitz / Firestorm has countersinks for only the front two locations. Because of that, we cannot advertise them as direct fit parts for those trucks. Thank you so much for the adaptation notification though. Perhaps we can use it to make a front bumper for those trucks that is designed specifically for them. I'll most definitely pass this information on to our product development team.
Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:44 PM
redfisher1974

Thats cool, You should get a free one for that! Hows the king working out? I see they went down to $99 before they put the price back up!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Willystylz

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

I was on the RPM site the other day and sent them a message wondering if they knew the T/B4 bumpers fit the firestorm and this was their response:

Dear Rob,
Per your suggestion, I grabbed our shop truck to try the Associated T4 / B4 front bumper to see if it would fit. You are absolutely correct, the hole positions are a perfect fit! However, there is one small problem that makes it a no-go. The RPM T4 bumpers have a countersink boss in all four screw locations while the front section of the chassis on the HPI Blitz / Firestorm has countersinks for only the front two locations. Because of that, we cannot advertise them as direct fit parts for those trucks. Thank you so much for the adaptation notification though. Perhaps we can use it to make a front bumper for those trucks that is designed specifically for them. I'll most definitely pass this information on to our product development team.
Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.
I think you need royalties if they put an E-Firestorm bumper into production
Old 07-26-2010, 09:12 PM
nitro-rob

I should get a freebie if they come out with one!

The crawler is working well but the steering is limiting it until the bracket for the differential steering mount comes in. I am having fun with it, though. Its fun but not a very serious crawler. I do understand the value in scale crawling versus competition crawling though, there is a novelty to the scale look and design. I am eyeing the losi comp crawler kit in the future if my interest stays high and my son takes this truck over. Its great driving for hours and not breaking or cleaning anything. LIPO is definitely the way to go. The crawling ability degrades linearly as the NiMH battery is consumed.

I checked on the tower site today and they said the Land Rover Defender version was discontinued.

The Land Rover body is growing on me, too. It looks better suited to the savage and I prefer the savage body on the crawler.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:19 AM
redfisher1974

Thats what i like about my trail truck almost well over a hour per charge!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:58 PM
nitro-rob

Follow up message to the RPM answer man:

Darn! Its damn close, though. Not close enough and I presume a proper fitting bumper would require a completely different mold to be made which is like making an entire new bumper again. Most of the the guys in the RCUniverse forums for the n and e-firestorms run them anyways (including me). I love RPM stuff, though, please come out with more!
Rob

The response:

Dear Rob,
You would be 100% correct. In order to remove those countersink bosses, material would need to be ADDED to the steel of our mold to allow that to happen. Adding features to a part is easy but removing them from the final product requires welding up areas of the mold base, then reworking those welded areas.
There are a couple of things you can do to make our bumpers work perfectly for you. First, you can cut those bosses off of the RPM front bumper - not my favorite option. Or, simply countersink those two screw holes in your chassis - my personal favorite. It'll actually help strengthen the front by tying in the bumper to the chassis more securely, providing you don't go too far with the countersink.
With respect to more parts for your truck, what are you looking for? I'll be more than happy to forward your suggestion on to our product development team, although I can't make you any promises as to what we may or may not build.
Take care and thank you once again for your interest and support of RPM products.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:46 PM
rclugnut10

hmm i may have to try to bolt one on just to see, if its just shaving off those anti countersinks (yes i just made that up) i'd do it... or make the countersinks on hte storm

the lug
Old 07-28-2010, 12:26 AM
jg2009

I have the T4 bumper on my storm in my opinion it was a perfect fit.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:09 AM
redfisher1974

I never seen the need for a front bumper, Seems like it transfers the impact to the bulk head causing more damage.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Paron34

Well I just got a Ballistic 550 3700 Khv with my trade in all for around 120 dollars, I doubt Ill be buying anything more RC stuff this year. I think this combo should run perfect in the storm. But I think on this new combo I can only run as high as 3S which is ok since their double the torque of 540 motors "well at least according to Novak". Ill post picks with the install after my "BIG MOVE" to the city. I can probably even put in the Caster just to watch it move for once lol.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:31 AM
redfisher1974

Would really like to see some pics of this in the storm and a little reveiw down the line, thank -you
Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 PM
GUTTS

hey whats a good steering servo for our storms
Old 07-28-2010, 04:03 PM
TheyDontWantMusic

ORIGINAL: GUTTS

for price you won't find better than this.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9443

Old 07-28-2010, 04:03 PM
nitro-rob

Paron - I am very interested in the results of your upgrade since I am very close to buying one of those 550's. The comparison to your previous 3s setup is key - if its night and day different the motor is pretty much sold. I was looking at the model that allows up to 4s just for the heck of it since I have only have 3s and 4s lipos.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:20 PM
redfisher1974

This is a good all around servo, Liked by many and stands up well. [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&P=SM&I=LXUZ89]Hitec Servo[/link]

Old 07-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Paron34

Yeah I figured a 3700 will allow me to still run 2S "with very little hassle" and 3S should run perfect. Since 3S is very much like Nitro save for the top speed the only thing I'm worried about is what ESC to get to go along with it, I wanna stick with a Novak ESC just to make things easier on the trade in side and all around compatibility.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:23 PM
TheyDontWantMusic

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

This is a good all around servo, Liked by many and stands up well. [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&P=SM&I=LXUZ89]Hitec Servo[/link]
its a bit too slow for my liking.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:46 PM
rclugnut10

i run a tower ST 140 in my evader and it is almost too quick for me, i'm having to change my drive style and such it soo quick and responsive

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPHD3&P=7

no issues with TQ either...

the lug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.