Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Always Dreamin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

ORIGINAL: SN33KY

LOL if you put $700 into an E-firestorm... heck even $300 ( mamba max + lipo) you would get a better car then a $700 pede
The E-firestorm doesn't have much parts support. I doubt you could put $300 into it without electronics. I have owned the Stampede for over 2 years, and in all fairness, It started as an XL-5.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Always Dreamin

i'm still looking into these. any idea where i can get some good reviews/info outside of this thread.

i have only found one problem, the diffs leaking the diff oil. not a big deal, but that's what i've found.

thanks.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:12 PM
ohgrfreak

Buy one and you'll have your own review! Kidding, I bought mine without any reviews, I know that since this is basically the same chassis as the Nitro Firestorm and also since it has all metal trans (not to mention that fact that it's an HPI), it will stand up to my 5700 and constant abuse, I bought it, and it has.

Short answer, no, I have no idea where any reviews are for the electric version, but the Nitro version has been covered in many a RC magazine.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:48 PM
supercharged347

I've had mine a couple weeks now, have barely used it. Just got a elite 25C 4800 lipo pack, and have the Traxxas Velineon brushless system on the way for it...cant wait to get that in there. Also have a DX3 2.4 ghz radio to put in if I need to...
Old 08-23-2008, 09:58 PM
SN33KY

You can get quite alot of hopup parts for the E-firestorm:

-CF battery, servo and chassis brace -$35
-Hot Racing HPI Firestorm silver aluminum steering block $19
-Hot Racing HPI Firestorm silver aluminum front c-hubs -$19
-ALUMINUM REAR HUB CARRIER SET (0 Degree)-Alloy C castor - $60
-New turnbuckles - $$$
-Hot Racing HPI Firestorm aluminum front arm mount =$19
-Hot Racing HPI Firestorm silver aluminum front arms - $24
-COMPOSITE REAR SUSPENSION ARM SET (E-FIRESTORM) - $13
-COMPOSITE FRONT SUSPENSION ARM SET - $13
-Wheely bar- $15
-ALUMINUM THREADED SHOCK SET (67-87mm/ 2pcs) - $55
-ALUMINUM THREADED SHOCK SET (70-103mm/ 2pcs) - $55
-ALUMINUM FRONT SUSPENSION ARM MOUNT $26
-ALUMINUM FRONT ARM BRACE - $26
- Pinion gears - $$$
-Rims -$$$
-Wheels $$$
-Mamba - $$$
- Servo- $$$
-Radio gear $$$

All that equals to more than $300 buddy, so do some research before you make claims. And also the E-firestorm is already durable as it is, so you dont need hopups as compared with the PEDE you might need alot of hopups to make it take as much abuse as the E-firestorm

Dont worry about the diff leaking oil, just use grease
Old 08-23-2008, 10:32 PM
offroadjunkie

ORIGINAL: ohgrfreak

Short answer, no, I have no idea where any reviews are for the electric version, but the Nitro version has been covered in many a RC magazine.
september 2008 issue of r/c car magazine,pages 30-36 has a reveiw of it...they liked it a lot for what they call an entry level type rig[&:]
Old 08-23-2008, 10:35 PM
offroadjunkie

ORIGINAL: AquarianGuy78

LOL if you put $700 into an E-firestorm... heck even $300 ( mamba max + lipo) you would get a better car then a $700 pede
hell, if I had 700 bucks to put into a car, I would just buy a Losi 8ight T RTR. :P
lmao!i put $100 less than that in the old junkie dime (S10) i been driving all this year...and about $1500 more into my last frame up mtn bike project (dang i miss trucking's income).
Old 08-23-2008, 10:40 PM
offroadjunkie

BTW,speaking of which (the S10),i think i may have it sold to a co-worker.i'm looking at a pair of used vaders (an st and bx,both in excellent shape),so all three kids would have similar rigs to run (the daughter,the son,and me-the big kid[&:]),but i also may have a bike sold (frame and fork)...y'all cross your fingers really hard for me,cause if'n the bike sells too,i won't hafta wait a few paydays (which is twice a month) to buy an e-firestorm (if i can keep from blowin any on bike bling,i may even pull a flux out of it all[X(])
Old 08-23-2008, 10:44 PM
SN33KY

lol e-firestorm it! its cheaper in the long run
Old 08-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Always Dreamin

-New turnbuckles - $$$
-Wheely bar- $15
- Pinion gears - $$$
-Rims -$$$
-Wheels $$$
-Mamba - $$$
- Servo- $$$
-Radio gear $$$

All that equals to more than $300 buddy, so do some research before you make claims. And also the E-firestorm is already durable as it is, so you dont need hopups as compared with the PEDE you might need alot of hopups to make it take as much abuse as the E-firestorm

Compare that to the Stampede/Rustler. RPM doesn't even make parts for it. Not that it needs them. Just saying IMO, my current Stampede is quite stronger then a E-firestorm. Still, the E-firestorm was mainly built to race. Although I haven't tested it's durability, i've heard good things.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Always Dreamin

Basically, the e-firestorm looks very promising. for under $200, the e-firestorm packs one of the biggest punches i've seen. the problem is that i'm a basher only. the handling is only an extra bonus. as far as bashing goes, the e-firestorm doesn't hold a candle to the Stampede. my pede has aluminum shocks, RPM parts, brushless, new tires/wheels, steel output yolks, tie bar, bearings, metal gears, perfectly set-up, jato driveshafts, etc. i have a lot of time and money into the stampede, and i never break it. the ONLY advantage that the e-firestorm will have is that it's got better handling. other then that, it doesn't have too much to offer. still hard to compare since one is a MT and other ST.

anyways, this is just my take, and i'm looking more into the e-firestorm, but as it's looking right now.. chances are slim.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:54 AM
SN33KY

Fair enough, but if you ever get bored of the Pede then you should trade it for an E-firestorm

The reason why RPM and other manufactures dont make parts for the HPI E-firestorm is that this car is too well built, durable, and stock parts are as good as you can get~.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Always Dreamin

Fair enough, but if you ever get bored of the Pede then you should trade it for an E-firestorm

The reason why RPM and other manufactures dont make parts for the HPI E-firestorm is that this car is too well built, durable, and stock parts are as good as you can get~.
That's true. I could pursue this and probably get it. I just need to make sure I won't be disappointed as I usually only have one car at a time.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Enzyme80

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

-New turnbuckles - $$$
-Wheely bar- $15
- Pinion gears - $$$
-Rims -$$$
-Wheels $$$
-Mamba - $$$
- Servo- $$$
-Radio gear $$$

Compare that to the Stampede/Rustler. RPM doesn't even make parts for it. Not that it needs them. Just saying IMO, my current Stampede is quite stronger then a E-firestorm. Still, the E-firestorm was mainly built to race. Although I haven't tested it's durability, i've heard good things.

Basically, the e-firestorm looks very promising. for under $200, the e-firestorm packs one of the biggest punches i've seen. the problem is that i'm a basher only. the handling is only an extra bonus. as far as bashing goes, the e-firestorm doesn't hold a candle to the Stampede. my pede has aluminum shocks, RPM parts, brushless, new tires/wheels, steel output yolks, tie bar, bearings, metal gears, perfectly set-up, jato driveshafts, etc. i have a lot of time and money into the stampede, and i never break it. the ONLY advantage that the e-firestorm will have is that it's got better handling. other then that, it doesn't have too much to offer. still hard to compare since one is a MT and other ST.
You say that the Stampede is quite strong than a E-Firestorm but then you said that you have not tested it. I am confused. But anyways I just wanted to say that I finally had a minor break and now realize that I need to get a failsafe. Basically my transmitter was out of batteries and the truck went into a fence. All that happened was the server got bumped out of the holder. (Sorry for the lack of terms.) About a 5 min fix and a dab of superglue and it was working perfect. This hit the fence around 40 mph so I really cannot complain and this truck truely is amazing.

I do kind of wish I had an MT though because my grass is a little too thick at this point in the summer.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Always Dreamin

You say that the Stampede is quite strong than a E-Firestorm but then you said that you have not tested it. I am confused. But anyways I just wanted to say that I finally had a minor break and now realize that I need to get a failsafe. Basically my transmitter was out of batteries and the truck went into a fence. All that happened was the server got bumped out of the holder. (Sorry for the lack of terms.) About a 5 min fix and a dab of superglue and it was working perfect. This hit the fence around 40 mph so I really cannot complain and this truck truely is amazing.

I do kind of wish I had an MT though because my grass is a little too thick at this point in the summer.
To me IMO, a stock E-firestorm just doesn't stand up to a steel output yolk, aluminum shock, RPM, bearing, Pede. As far as bashing goes.. Maybe it's a different story. That's pretty impressive, and I don't know if my truck could handle that. The MT does come in handy every now and then, especially in grass. Plus, when I go out to Az, the terrain isn't exactly "smooth" but with the Stampede I just gun the throttle and roll over everything.

BTW - how does this truck do on the big jumps?
Old 08-25-2008, 01:39 PM
AquarianGuy78
My Feedback: (2)

my brother and I regularly jump our firestorms 12-15 feet in the air and have yet to break anything.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: AquarianGuy78

my brother and I regularly jump our firestorms 12-15 feet in the air and have yet to break anything.
Impressive.

I think this is what I want. Now I don't know if I should get the regular E-firestorm and put in a Sidewinder 5700kv, or just buy the Flux. I'm planning on selling my Rustler and my Stampede. To be honest, i'm not looking foward to selling the Stampede. It's my baby, and I've had it for 2 years. I'm looking to make around $400-500 on the two. That should be plenty to buy the E-firestorm, plus the Sidewinder (that's what I want to do), and have enough for spares if it ever breaks.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Raker

I have had the Firestorm for a while and just ordered the Mamba Max 5700 system. Is there anything I need to change, pinion etc. I want it as reliable as possible witout having to check temps every 5 minutes. I will be running 2 cell Lipo and 7.2 volt nimh.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-25-2008, 03:10 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

anyways, this is just my take, and i'm looking more into the e-firestorm, but as it's looking right now.. chances are slim.
I only bash as well and have a brushless firestorm. I have a highly modded pede as well. I break my firestorm less than my pede do to the fact that the firstorm is designed for longer arms, high power, and greater suspension travel and good handling. The pede was not designed to be a crazy basher, people make them into those. When one part of a pede is upgraded, a whole list of other things needed to be upgraded to make it work well. I would chose my firestorm hands down over the pede for any conditions besides extremely rocky terrain simply because I would not want to scratch the heck out of my firestorm lol.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: CustomTamiyas4Life

I only bash as well and have a brushless firestorm. I have a highly modded pede as well. I break my firestorm less than my pede do to the fact that the firstorm is designed for longer arms, high power, and greater suspension travel and good handling. The pede was not designed to be a crazy basher, people make them into those. When one part of a pede is upgraded, a whole list of other things needed to be upgraded to make it work well. I would chose my firestorm hands down over the pede for any conditions besides extremely rocky terrain simply because I would not want to scratch the heck out of my firestorm lol.
I converted my Stampede into a Rustler and made a poll, it should be more of an even decision now as they are both ST's.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:25 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

Anywhere you could check out and drive a firestorm in person? It's the only way to appreciate and understand all of the rave.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:33 PM
SN33KY

Yeah, you havent bashed the E-firestorm yet so your just basing your opinion on the word on the street. Get a real hands on experience and then decide~
Old 08-25-2008, 06:40 PM
mercerbeef

Just finned a new lid for my Efirestorm, and dropped in the checkpoint 5400 lipo, can't wait for saturday to try it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14548.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	1019481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67910.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	1019482   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26629.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	1019483   Click image for larger version

Name:	Le92688.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	1019484   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fq90463.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	1019485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kb45735.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	1019486   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ce71781.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	1019487  
Old 08-25-2008, 07:06 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

that thing looks sick! I can already see stuff wearing with those larger tires though. Make sure they are well balanced.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:19 PM
mercerbeef

the beads on the rim and tires don't exactly match up but i got it to fit, the front right tires a little off, and the rest are almost near perfect lol, i bashed these on my nitro firestorm already they changed its flight path greatly lol, had to change turnbuckles to lundsfords on both trucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.