Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 350 of 428 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400 ... LastLast
Results 8,726 to 8,750 of 10698

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

They have to bring down the price's to get sales back up...As do most of the big names have since hobbyking opened shop.
    I agree. They are also selling a lot more volume than they did a few years ago too and I assume the industries growth has helped a lot. My love of thunderpower goes beyond the battery performance, its also the manly name.

What kind of temperatures do you guys get on your batteries? Red - I would be very interested to know what difference you get between a nanotech and a regular zippy. It depends a lot on C-rating and capacity. I get no temperature at all on my thunderpower 35/60C pack under any conditions but usually get 110-120F on a 35C 300 mAh no name battery.

I ordered proline 28 series desperado rims and road rage tires for the storm today.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i agree about Losi's BND. if i bought a Losi model that has that has the option (my Micro SCT did not), then i would definetly get the BND over the RTR. the only thing i have been dissappointed about with Losi is the price of their 22 RTR. around $400 bucks for a 2wd buggy RTR? maybe its just a personal prefernce but to me thats a little high...
    ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

Thats truck looks good. The price is interesting, throw on another 120 for a BL setup and sell the brushed electronics and you get....something for the same price as the FS flux. I paid 160 shipped for my brushed truck in the fall of 2009.
    Good move to the geolanders. They will wear much better than the ground assault tires..
    I think HPI is aiming the FS at the basher market only for the storm since there are no serious series running stadium truck classes. I would like an ESE type kit for the storm (filled with RPM plastic).
    I think all kits should come with no engine/motor. If you are into the hobby enough to build a kit you obviously aren't going to run the mill that comes with it, especially for nitro and gas.
    Losi has a good thing going with their bind'n'drive and race roller kits.
    - Hobby Shop Employee
    - ModelKits.com & RcTruckStop.com Staff Writer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree about the ESE firestorm, it would be sweet. but it wouldn't matter to me since mines already upgraded I'm just waiting on an ESE motor plate for it.

Is everyone having a hard time with the steering? I pre ordered my E firestorm when it first came out, ( cause I like being the odd ball, racing something different) and the only problem with the steering was the servo got stripped in a hard pile up during a race. and I have no troubles with my blitz rtr, they ask what I changed? nothing! it handles fine.

I took the family up north for a week and ran both storms (nitro and E) in a sand/red earth mix that some atvs had torn through, its been a while since I bashed them hard, launched off a sand dune over a fallen pine tree, clipped a branch and cart wheeled about 50ft, ahhh brushless power lol. nitro storm just ain't the same, I may need to convert it to 1/8 brushless lol. i let my son try both for the first time too, he usually runs a stock slash. so yeah they both took a beating. nothing broken just a few bent stock turn buckles on my nitro storm. just wish I had a camera.

ESEblitz, Efirestorm, firestorm10t, cycloneS,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just got my E firestorm brushless flux. Just a couple of questions.

It said in the manual it has different modes for NIMH and Lipo, now how does one switch between modes?

It also seems to be running hot, it's 90F outside right now, and with 5 minutes of driving on grass and concrete, the motor was 160F using an infared thermometor. The 2s LiPo was also 110F. Ididnt have the body on because its really warm outside.
    Are these normal operating temperatures?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i don't even own a Storm, but i can tell you those temps aren't right. if that's with everything stock (gearing, tires, etc.), then something is wrong. if its not, then gear down and get yourself a motor heatsink and ESC fan if you don't have one already.
    ORIGINAL: simple295

It said in the manual it has different modes for NIMH and Lipo, now how does one switch between modes?

It also seems to be running hot, it's 90F outside right now, and with 5 minutes of driving on grass and concrete, the motor was 160F using an infared thermometor. The 2s LiPo was also 110F. Ididnt have the body on because its really warm outside.
    - Hobby Shop Employee

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

general rule is to keep the motor under 200, so the motor seems fine.
    It is your money spend it how you want, not how other want you to. If you want to see what RC\'\'s i have check My Models.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

under 200 will keep the motor from immediate damage, but most people try to keep it under 180 or lower.
    ORIGINAL: Krazy Chicken

general rule is to keep the motor under 200, so the motor seems fine.
    - Hobby Shop Employee

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

safe range to allow for temperature difference outside

It is your money spend it how you want, not how other want you to. If you want to see what RC\'\'s i have check My Models.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

They have to bring down the price's to get sales back up...As do most of the big names have since hobbyking opened shop.
    I agree. Ā*They are also selling a lot more volume than they did a few years ago too and I assume the industries growth has helped a lot. Ā*My love of thunderpower goes beyond the battery performance, its also the manly name.

What kind of temperatures do you guys get on your batteries? Ā*Red - I would be very interested to know what difference you get between a nanotech and a regular zippy. Ā*It depends a lot on C-rating and capacity. Ā*I get no temperature at all on my thunderpower 35/60C pack under any conditions but usually get 110-120F on a 35C 300 mAh no name battery.

I ordered proline 28 series desperado rims and road rage tires for the storm today.
    my Nano-tech does warm up a bit, I think around 95-100f
    Tamiya cc01, AE RC18R, HPI Savage Flux XS, HPI E-Firestorm Flux.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mercerbeef

I agree about the ESE firestorm, it would be sweet. but it wouldn't matter to me since mines already upgraded I'm just waiting on an ESE motor plate for it.

Is everyone having a hard time with the steering? I pre ordered my E firestorm when it first came out, ( cause I like being the odd ball, racing something different) and the only problem with the steering was the servo got stripped in a hard pile up during a race. and I have no troubles with my blitz rtr, they ask what I changed? nothing! it handles fine.

I took the family up north for a week and ran both storms (nitro and E) in a sand/red earth mix that some atvs had torn through, its been a while since I bashed them hard, launched off a sand dune over a fallen pine tree, clipped a branch and cart wheeled about 50ft, ahhh brushless power lol. nitro storm just ain't the same, I may need to convert it to 1/8 brushless lol. i let my son try both for the first time too, he usually runs a stock slash. so yeah they both took a beating. nothing broken just a few bent stock turn buckles on my nitro storm. just wish I had a camera.

I have always had alot of slop in my steering but it never has given me a problem.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It also seems to be running hot, it's 90F outside right now, and with 5 minutes of driving on grass and concrete, the motor was 160F using an infared thermometor. The 2s LiPo was also 110F. IĀ*didnt have the body on because its really warm outside.
    Those temps would be normal for the flux with the 5700kv 2 pole motor, if you have the new flux with the 4800kv 4 pole thats a little warm but still OK. If your going to do lots of off road you should lower the pinion gear a couple teeth.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

i don't even own a Storm, but i can tell you those temps aren't right. if that's with everything stock (gearing, tires, etc.), then something is wrong. if its not, then gear down and get yourself a motor heatsink and ESC fan if you don't have one already.

It also seems to be running hot, it's 90F outside right now, and with 5 minutes of driving on grass and concrete, the motor was 160F using an infared thermometor. The 2s LiPo was also 110F. IĀ*didnt have the body on because its really warm outside.
    WHAT? You do not own a Storm?.... Sorry I cant talk to you anymore....J/K

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

unless they geared it up more then the old flux

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good point, Maybe they did gear up the 4800kv?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

New Nanotech batteries :

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

What do you think? It was time to see some good batteries at this price!

Has anyone tested them?
    Hyper Mini STe (with custom chassis - 1/10) Novak 4.5T 550 motor/150A ESC
    Phoenix ST
    www.youtube.com/TheAL3xGR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Those are some crazy ratings for such a small pack and price. I like how they leave the end with shrink tube so you can put on your own connector. Anywho Im happy with my softcase Nano-tech.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

200F and your motor is gone! 180F I think should be the top celling for safe operation.
    Regarding reprograming the ESC, you can do that with the transmitter, there must be some instructions in the manual but it's a bit of a pain in the a** to get it right.
    The Lipo mode avoid the battery going less than 3V per cell (what would permanently damage it)
    I would go for the Castle Link, piece of cake to do all the very useful setting that your ESC is capable with your PCee or MAC running windows emulator, including the Lipo setup.

There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it\'\'\'\'s going to be a butterfly. (R. Buckminster Fuller 1895-1983)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I see the Firestorm thread is the fourth most active on RCU ( excluding airplane sections) looks like we should over take the Rustler thread some day..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ax73127.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	1637942  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol my name made it into that shot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Your a star Krazy Chicken.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dang. if those are true ratings, thats some pretty good deals for the most part. the only one that i wouldn't buy would be this one:www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17268__Turnigy_nano_tech_5600mah_2S2P_50_100C_Ha rdcase_Lipo_Pack.htmlbecasue it seems too close to the Gen's Ace 5000mah 40c pack which is the same price pretty except HobbyPartz has free shipping for orders over 50 bucks now. even if the Gen's Ace pack has a little lower ratings, i wouldn't pay more for it. that's just me being cheap though. and by the way, y'all will never overtake the Rustler thread!!!!
    ORIGINAL: AL3xGR

New Nanotech batteries :

What do you think? It was time to see some good batteries at this price!

Has anyone tested them?
    - Hobby Shop Employee

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

haha lol i wish, i would be if my wheely king thread was up their

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

and by the way, y'all will never overtake the Rustler thread!!!!

Well we are only just over 1000 posts away and rustler thread has been around 4 years longer then this thread....Could happen..lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Krazy Chicken

haha lol i wish, i would be if my wheely king thread was up their

I see they discontinued the WK with the pickup body....[]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol, yep.

and by the way, y'all will never overtake the Rustler thread!!!!

Well we are only just over 1000 posts away and rustler thread has been around 4 years longer then this thread....Could happen..lol
    - Hobby Shop Employee