Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 357 of 428 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,925 of 10698

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

the Turnigy packs are suppose to be great for the price, but don't forget about hobbypartz.com now
    - Hobby Shop Employee
    - ModelKits.com & RcTruckStop.com Staff Writer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow. Thanks for the tip. Have some great high C-rate 3s's. Gens Ace batts good?
    E-Firestorm...Breaks the sound barrier. Nuff said.

\"And shephards we shall be, for thee, my Lord, for thee...\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so farmy Gen's Ace 2s 5000mah 40c pack has been great. held its capcity and maybe a little more, plus some of them are ROAR approved. type "UltimateRCNetwork" in on youtube and there's this guy named Jang who has done many comparisons on packs, and still sticks with the Gen's Ace brand. he even showed that they out-performed Max-Amps packs. pretty insane if you ask me. so yes, buy one. free shipping on orders over 50 bucks.
    - Hobby Shop Employee

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wanna_be_racer

I live in North Carolina now, and lemme tell you, it has NOT gotten any better. Last 2 weeks or so the heat index has been in the 110's. And I'm in the western part of the start closer to the mountains.

Nitro, I'll be sure to catalogue everything. I'm excited to get on with this build, but my problem currently is just funds. I have everything laid out as to what I want to buy, but I won't have the money until probably around christmas time. (cuz of school and all that).

Tried to run the ef today. It rained earlier in the evening, so it was slightly cooler out. Still having a bad issue with the stuttering. Checked the slipper and it was tight as could be. Plus, I never thought it was the slipper. It was deff something electronic. But pulling the first pack out after giving up. I think I found my culprit.

The pack was super hot to the touch. Around 150-ish degrees, I'd say.Ā*Almost couldn't pick it up at all. It's now bowed slightly plus the heat wrap is missing off the one cell cuz it melted is my guess. I'm very sad...this was my last good battery. I have no more.

So...I might as well start looking at 3s packs for this new build. I was glancing at hobby king packs as well as tower. Can anyone tell me what the best ''cheapest'' pack on hobbyking is. I've found a few. A Turnigy 4000mah 30CĀ*and a Zippy 8000mah 30C, all 3s (cuz that what this build will be for.) But idk if they're good or not. The Turnigy is only like 24 bucks.

you got a bad cell there.... and the turnginty and zippy packs, are good for your $ tho i'd buy from hobbypartz just because it's US based and pretty quick and all.... i got a pair of 4000mha 40c sky lipo's and they're great

the lug
    Savage Flux 2350 Evader ST Pro EXT \'\'Detta ST E Choas, HPI E Firestrom Novus CP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

you got a bad cell there.... and the turnginty and zippy packs, are good for your $ tho i'd buy from hobbypartz just because it's US based and pretty quick and all.... i got a pair of 4000mha 40c sky lipo's and they're great

the lug
    Yup. Figured as much. Still no $$$ to buy more though. That's why I gotta sell the Losi equipment. Ah well...hopefully some crazy Losi fan is like OMG***-GOTTAHAVETHISNOA- and buys it. It'll make this project sooooo much quicker. lol. I'm impatient. >.<

Anyway, as for the Batts, I'm really likin the look of some of these Gens Ace packs. Prolly go with one of those and the 8000mah Zippy just for insane run times. I have my project all planned out and will post once I have a sufficient list with links or pics.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you might wanna make sure your electronics cool efficiently enough to run that full 8000mah. that can equal a really long run, and your electronics may not make it but half way through if they're not cooling enough. i would recommend a fan or two and a motor heat sink.
    - Hobby Shop Employee

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Motor heat sink is in the work for sure. Regardless of the mah. And I think the MMp will be sufficient. But we'll see. A lighter mah pack will be first bought, then we'll jump to a higher one depending on how much cash I end up spending on the parts themselves.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm thinking of picking up the Mamba Max Pro SCT ESC/ 2400kv motor combo, my question is, is there a difference between the Mamba Max Pro ESC and the SCT version?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if you're running a MMp i wouldn't worry then, thats what they put in the flux 2350 and i run that hard, and thats on 4s, it'll go 20 min to a pack and nothings over 120

edit... MMp can handle more power, and run a sensored motor, and it has some pretty fancy software in it to do so... thru castle link that is...

the lug
    Savage Flux 2350 Evader ST Pro EXT \'\'Detta ST E Choas, HPI E Firestrom Novus CP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Busy weekend, Lots of posts to read...[8D]
    Tamiya cc01, AE RC18R, HPI Savage Flux XS, HPI E-Firestorm Flux.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Like I said earlier, I'm doin an MMp and an LRP x12L 4700kv 550 motor with around a 30C 4000mah pack. Should be MORE than enough for stormer.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wanna_be_racer

Well, I'm leaning toward just going the RPM a-arms and maybe some STRC alum hunb carriers and such. Making this truck light but durable. Idk. I've officialy put my Losi equipment up for sale on here. If anyone's interested in 2 Losi 8ight-T 1.o Race roller kits with a complete RTR kit and a 50% rtr ALL ASONEPACKAGE, then look it up. I could use the moneys ^_^
    STRC aluminum carriers aren't that good, I just replaced mine with RPM. The STRC get loose quickly. I have one comment on the battery choice. If you are going to put such grand effort into the biggest motor and ESC, building a great custom chassis....why cheap out on the batteries? Would you run a ferrari on 87 octane pump gas?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You have a point there Nitro....one of my reasons is being money. xD After the MMp and LRP x12, I dunno exactly how much I'll have left after tires, rims, suspension and drivetrain equipment and all that. Plus, I've never owned a li-po before. Always ran on nimh. So I really dunno what a good price is for a "good" 3s battery.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good thunderpowers are about a hundred bucks.  I try not to comment too much on batteries because I had the worst experience with turnigy packs and won't run anything but thunder now.  My problems were not general, though, so there is no need to beware.  With the effort I put into my storm I  run a strong battery to get everything out of it.  Its also reassuring when I run the hell out of my storm that there is no temperature on the battery whatsoever.

Post your cad drawings, lets see the plan.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The only one I have with me on this computer are the front a-arms and a battery strap I was playing with. The others are on my laptop and I'll upload them once I retreve it from my girlfriends. xD
    I don't have the shock mount finished just yet. I can't seem to get the spacing equalized right. But it will basically screw onto the a-arm like the Bizarre Racing A-arms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq47488.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	1643473   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dy79620.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	1643474  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

Good thunderpowers are about a hundred bucks. I try not to comment too much on batteries because I had the worst experience with turnigy packs and won't run anything but thunder now. My problems were not general, though, so there is no need to beware. With the effort I put into my storm I run a strong battery to get everything out of it. Its also reassuring when I run the hell out of my storm that there is no temperature on the battery whatsoever.

Post your cad drawings, lets see the plan.
    What went bad with Turnigy batteries? Should I stop buying them? I have a new nanotech coming from HK....
    Hyper Mini STe (with custom chassis - 1/10) Novak 4.5T 550 motor/150A ESC
    Phoenix ST
    www.youtube.com/TheAL3xGR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rob had some bad luck with them, But I have been running them for a long time and never had a problem, I would keep using them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't stop using them if they are working for you.  I had bad rippling and three fires from them within seconds of putting them in (they were improperly soldered).  Hobby King didn't even respond to my emails - I am dead against their existence.  I don't believe that a cheap pack out performs a good pack, you still get what you pay for but its a diminishing return for the extra quality when it comes to price.  Check out the 'squid reviews on the packs.

I ordered a new CVD set today.  If anyone is considering CVDs I would look at the MIP set since you can just buy the shaft if needed, the hpi set comes complete and costs a lot more.  I will put a dogbone in there in the meantime.  My 3800kv SCT came in today.  I can't wait to experiment more with the gearing and this motor, I think there will be a lot more range in the gearing that can be run.  It was very promising when I had an SCT motor in the storm a few weeks ago.

wannabe - you asked me where I would have preferred to live, Can or USA and I could have lived in either place at the time.  For raising my family and pleasing my wife Canada was the only choice since we are comfortable with the health care and education system here.  I am glad I went back since most of my friends that went off to work after me in the US lost their jobs and houses recently and are struggling.  They made a lot more than me initially but I've caught up recently.  It was a great time and place (Chapel Hill) and there was a lot of opportunity to draw me there, though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think I'll buy a Turnigy to start. Even if it is a cheap battery. Like I said, never used Lipo. And if a plan comes together like I'm hoping it will, money won't be a problem for this build. The money from the Losi's will go to the electronics by itself. (motor, esc, and batteries) I have some money coming from some other things atm that will buy the rest. Plus my cf chassis will be made by my dad and I, provided I can get the cf stock I need.

Nitro, you say the strc stuff isn't that good? And I would like to live in Canada simply because it's cooler (to me) than down here in NC. I was born and raised in northern Indiana. A stones throw from Lake Michigan. I miss the snow....

Here is a breakdown of the list:

Desperado 2.8 Wheel

Blitz ESE Hex Hubs     

Pro-Line 2.8 Truck Tire

LRP x12L 4.5T 550 Brushless

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro
    MIP CVD Set

HPI Heavy Outdrive Set
    Blitz Clutch assembly
    Blitz top shaft

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think the "HPI Heavy Outdrive Set" is for the Savage, Not the storm...If its the set on tower.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Rob! Great Hobbies is opening a store in Mississauga... I hope they do mail order and have the same great prices, That would blow bigboyswithbigtoys out of the water.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It says on there it fits the Storm. I figured it'd go well with the CVD. with roughly 20 nimh packs through mine, it's already considerably worn through.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if its these ones I think tower has them under firestorm parts as a mistake.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Those are the ones...wander if I can find the measurements.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i don't think they'll fit because the storm needs a shaft going into the diff off the drive cup... and those have an output from the diff

the lug