Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 12:53 PM
namewasdallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

here's a picture of my buddys 100mph rustler, its got a mamba Monster combo, running 6s lipo, geared like 31-40 something. Foam tires and 2lbs+ weight on the front end.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:33 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

neat...
Old 08-11-2011, 03:35 PM
nitro-rob

Sorry I couldn't get the video from two weeks ago done yet, my computer with the video has been broken for more than a week.

My CVDs came in today.

took my baja and blitz to the beach. They both ate the beach really well. Its best to use an overtray on the beach on the blitz, I filled the MMpro with sand and stopped the fan and temps went up to 150. The motor temps were about 140 with my road setup and it wheelied up and down on the sand like crazy which is surprising since I was using caliber tires.

The baja didn't do so well but at least it got to go for a swim in Lake Erie.
I am trying something new. The SCT setup from the blitz is going in there and likely the SCT motor from the firestorm with a new mmax pro and then I will run the 4-pole 4600 in the firestorm.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50916.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1647777  
Old 08-11-2011, 03:58 PM
redfisher1974

So I'm looking on Ebay and find a guy with 10 Savage Flux xs's [&:] I email him and ask how can you have these when HPI has not even released them yet? He replies with I'm just taking pre-orders for Sept, Now I have looked closely at this ad and can not see where it says this.... almost looks like he is trying to fool people.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HPI-MINI-RTR-...item45fc3eef43
Old 08-11-2011, 05:56 PM
namewasdallas

yeah thats weird about the guy selling the XS's and its buy it now only but its usingg paypal so at least if you got screwed you could get your money back. Also it says its a mini monster truck.. I never realized it was a mini

Ordering my Brand New E Firestorm right tmrw im 23 almost 24 and still get excited like a 12 year old when it comes to buying a new R/C truck lol. I think over the winter im going to check out my local tracks and possibly get into indoor or outdoor racing, I rather run outside with jumps and **** but id race a pan car.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:35 AM
sy1219

Mine is all stock brushless changed the pinion gear & hit 55 mph. on my radar gun. all 4 tires blown up like ballons. could not belive it hit 55 mph. my radar gun is dead on.

Aj.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:44 AM
sy1219

can you send me the info on the motor combo? Thanks.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:18 AM
sy1219

What is the largeest lipo that can be used with the stock esc?
Thanks.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:15 AM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

size or power? cuz size doesn't really matter, the largest is a 3s

the lug
Old 08-13-2011, 09:16 AM
eugenegrimley

I just got my Firestorm Flux (with 4800 kv motor and 2.4 GHz radio) and need some help.

The first problem is that sometimes it has a glitch (for lack of a better word) when you pull the trigger. It almost seems its not giving the motor enough power but if you let off and pull the triger again it works fine.

The second problem is my lipo's, I am using it with my Gens Ace 5000mah 2s 40c lipo's. I have been using them in my Stampede 4X4 VXL for about 20 runs and have had no problems. When I used them in the Firestorm one of them quit working, I still have power (3.74V) at the balance plug but not on the main connector. I assumed it was just chance and the battery went bad. I put in a second battery and the same thing happened. Im not sure what would cause this.

Any idea's?
Old 08-13-2011, 04:17 PM
tails13

ORIGINAL: eugenegrimley

I just got my Firestorm Flux (with 4800 kv motor and 2.4 GHz radio) and need some help.

The first problem is that sometimes it has a glitch (for lack of a better word) when you pull the trigger. It almost seems its not giving the motor enough power but if you let off and pull the triger again it works fine.

The second problem is my lipo's, I am using it with my Gens Ace 5000mah 2s 40c lipo's. I have been using them in my Stampede 4X4 VXL for about 20 runs and have had no problems. When I used them in the Firestorm one of them quit working, I still have power (3.74V) at the balance plug but not on the main connector. I assumed it was just chance and the battery went bad. I put in a second battery and the same thing happened. Im not sure what would cause this.

Any idea's?
Does this 'glitching' make a grinding noise at the same time?

anything like in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alIndeGAcYY

Old 08-14-2011, 06:17 AM
eugenegrimley

Thank's
That seems like it, what causes that? Acording to CC the torque control is suposed to reduce power under acceleration but when mine does it the car hardly moves. Also it dosnt do it every time, just randomly like in the video. Can it be / should it be turned off?
Old 08-14-2011, 07:13 AM
redfisher1974

Have you updated the firmware?
Old 08-14-2011, 07:14 AM
nitro-rob

Tails - have you upgraded the firmware yet and did it fix things?  The only solution I can think of is to do that.  Try running no torque control and a lot of punch control instead.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:15 AM
nitro-rob

Whoa, within one minute on that one, Red!  

By the way, the losi SCB is awesome.  I much better concept in short course.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:57 AM
namewasdallas

Just orderd my E Firestorm with the vektor 4800kv motor from Towerhobbies for $262 after taxes shipped!!! I got a wicked killer deal cause my buddy spends alot of money with Tower and hes a member so we orderd it under his name, which is perfect cause that left me with money to Order a Venom Pro Lipo charger which can charge up to 6s an runs 5a for charge.

I'm Going to order two 2s batterys to start but im unsure of what to get. I was looking at Turnigy 2s 5000mah 30c packs on ebay for 35-45$ and also the venom packs which are the same spec's that are 55-70$.

Are these of those two batterys of descent quality I rather spend the money on quality stuff that will last, Doesnt need to be the very best best there is but something that is good Maybe in the 40-80$ Max for 1 pack, or If i can find a 3s thats the same for a few bucks more I'd grab one 2s and 3s.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:18 PM
tails13

Thank's
That seems like it, what causes that? Acording to CC the torque control is suposed to reduce power under acceleration but when mine does it the car hardly moves. Also it dosnt do it every time, just randomly like in the video. Can it be / should it be turned off?
Castle are aware of the issue. It's happening to some Sv2 units (what your Flux Vapor is). If I were you I'd send it in to HPI, Castle have been replacing the Sv2 for people with the same issue. The ESC is losing sync with the high torque 4 pole motors. Torque control just seems to accentuate it. It usually happens after hard throttle, full brake and then hard throttle again.

@Nitro-rob

Mine is updated, but it's just complately shat itself a couple of days ago. I'm just waiting for HPI to release the motor and ESC combo seperately from the car and I'll pick one up and hope I have some better luck. HPI told me they'd be available soon.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:17 PM
wanna_be_racer

Well guys, I survived Nationals. Even picked up a second and third place medal and a top twenty in my class. Arrived back to a voicemail with a job offer. I start tomorrow. Finally some financial backing for all my planning for the storm. What's new since I've been gone??
Old 08-14-2011, 05:32 PM
butcher806

Congrats Wanna Be Racer! Sounds like a good weekend.

I was hoping someone could give me some advice. I have my e-firestorm and I recently put in Reedy 3900K/ESC combo. I am running a 2S 20C 5000mah battery and I tested the speed and I am getting 29mph. I am currently running a 18T pinion and stock spur.

I am hoping to keep up with some friends who are running mid 50mph's. I am debating about a larger motor but the esc can only handle 6100KV at 2s. I am also thinking about trying a 3s instead. Should I just get a whole new combo?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks 

Old 08-14-2011, 05:39 PM
eugenegrimley

Iplan to get the programing link to do updates and adjust the settings but no I havent updated it yet. Also im pretty sure it dosnt matter but want to ask to be certain, can I order the link from CC or do I need to get the one from HPI?

Tails13 thanks for the heads up ill be contacting them tomorrow.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:53 PM
tails13

Iplan to get the programing link to do updates and adjust the settings but no I havent updated it yet. Also im pretty sure it dosnt matter but want to ask to be certain, can I order the link from CC or do I need to get the one from HPI?

Tails13 thanks for the heads up ill be contacting them tomorrow.

Get the CC one, it's exactly the same as the hpi one but $10 cheaper.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:02 PM
nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: tails13

Thank's
Castle are aware of the issue. It's happening to some Sv2 units (what your Flux Vapor is). If I were you I'd send it in to HPI, Castle have been replacing the Sv2 for people with the same issue. The ESC is losing sync with the high torque 4 pole motors. Torque control just seems to accentuate it. It usually happens after hard throttle, full brake and then hard throttle again.

@Nitro-rob

Mine is updated, but it's just complately shat itself a couple of days ago. I'm just waiting for HPI to release the motor and ESC combo seperately from the car and I'll pick one up and hope I have some better luck. HPI told me they'd be available soon.

Why not just pick up the castle setup and be done with the HPI setup. You can go with a SV2 setup likely for less than the OEM.

Butcher, you've got a good setup in there and I don't think changing it would be a worthwhile upgrade. Definitely go to 3s with that system. The 2s battery isn't the strongest anyways. You are likely undergeared as well. If its anything like the 3800 SCT motor you can go up to a 22-24 tooth pinion no problem on road and likely 21 off road.

Use a gearing calculator to help you get an idea about speeds:
http://www.scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

Old 08-14-2011, 06:27 PM
butcher806

Thanks Nitro! I just ordered a 3s and I will look for some pinion gears. I will just watch my temps and see what I can get.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:19 PM
tails13

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: tails13

Thank's

@Nitro-rob

Why not just pick up the castle setup and be done with the HPI setup. You can go with a SV2 setup likely for less than the OEM.

Butcher, you've got a good setup in there and I don't think changing it would be a worthwhile upgrade. Definitely go to 3s with that system. The 2s battery isn't the strongest anyways. You are likely undergeared as well. If its anything like the 3800 SCT motor you can go up to a 22-24 tooth pinion no problem on road and likely 21 off road.

Use a gearing calculator to help you get an idea about speeds:
http://www.scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

Sv2 4600 combo is sold out until early September. Around the same time I'm expecting the Flux 4800 system to be available. I also want the waterproofing that the flux system offers plus it comes all ready soldered with deans. I considered going to the VXL3s system, but I don't think motor plate on the Firestorm would allow me to get a good gear mesh with a 25 to 30t pinion. I've also commited too much to the 4800 as I hsve a bunch of spurs and pinions.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:20 AM
namewasdallas

I just picked up a 31 tooth 48pitch pinion gear for my new E Storm for doing top speed runs on the pavement i may also pick up a 33T pinion and mess around with them.

Does anyone run one of these motor plates??????     I' think im going to pick one up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.