I finally got a chance to take my storm out tonight. I believe the 6k I put in the diff is a little too heavy for it. Might try 2k instead. I loosed the nuts up as suggested, didn't notice any effect. I then stripped it all back down and removed 2 of the .020 shims, so now there is only 1 behind each of the larger gears and it loosened up noticeably without much play.
Also, I'll be needing tires. I couldn't get hardly any grip with these old, dry Anacondas. Goin for some JConcepts G-Locs. They look great, and are pretty cheap. As well as Pro-Line Desperado's. I love the way 2.8'' wheels look on this truck.
Let me just say, that when I rolled the throttle, and really got it to speed, this thing FLEW. Just took off, when it wasn't spinning tires, I mean. I can't wait to put it through 3s when I get some time later today.
As for mods, I'm going for SRTC alum shocks (all the pieces) in an Orange and Gun Metal color scheme, 2.8 Desperados and G-Loc Tires as I mentioned, Extreme RC carbon fiber front shock tower, Integy motor guard, Blitz spur gear conversion, Aluminum front A-arms from EverythingRC
off ebay, (the look identical to the stock ones, and I want the front end weight), and finally, a DSX-1 body.
All that will be done in stages, but first is the wheels and tires which I'll have to order Friday. Everything else is subject to my bank account.