Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 422 of 429 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424 ... LastLast
Results 10,526 to 10,550 of 10715

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks for posting yoru setup. That is definitely an unusual setup that you don't commonly see here. Our local shop is having a lot of HPI backorders these days but I didn't haven't ordered any firestorm parts lately.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    are there any drive shafts that will fit other then the hpi or the cv axles
    | AXIAL SCX10| E-Friestorm Mamba Monster 2, Tekin pro4HD |

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Not that I known of and from what I remember in this forum there hasn't been an alternative posted.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    thanks, dang i guess i gotta wait, cvs definitely when i have the money

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I don't know if they are an upgrade. They are definitely weaker. I've broken a few and it didn't take too much.

If you are losing dogbones, paint them fluorescent orange.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro-rob View Post
    I don't know if they are an upgrade. They are definitely weaker. I've broken a few and it didn't take too much.

If you are losing dogbones, paint them fluorescent orange.

its funny you say that but they were covered in orange surface rust

EDIT: axels came in will have video soon of this monster.

are there any ways to keep weight on the front without having the rear losing traction? the rear wheels hook very well 90% of the time or they just slip, its almost always has the front wheels up just enough to be useless
    Last edited by DriftingDragon; 08-24-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    You can try putting a droop limit in the front suspension to reduce weight transfer to the rear. Other than that have you played with the battery position?

I haven't driven my storm enough the past two years since I got a l8ight model that is converted to on-road. I hope to get it ready for the fall/winter racing season since the track I go to added the stadium truck class this year. I just sold my 22t....enter the firestorm.

I am going to make a lot of changes to this truck.....stay tuned.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0870.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	1917499  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hi Rob, Red, Lug etc,

Just thought I'd say hi, been reading with interest pretty much all the previous posts, taken me a fair while to read and feel I should share with you guys some of my experiences. Currently have 2 firestorms, one I use for bashing and general stupidity which has a 6000kva motor in and another I have been using to see how fast I can go, most I've had in it was a 7400kv motor on a 19T pinion, was too fast to keep in a straight line and after 1/2 an hour melted all the solder in the motor and stopped working. Was fun while it lasted!

Ripped a front wheel off a couple of weeks ago and need to fix it so I can go racing again, full tilt into the wall, not recomended! Need to order some tires, which will last and grip as well, I am intrigued by you guys running 2.8 wheels and am tempted. One of the problems with the storm is off road not too much ground clearence.

Will say I have tried the CV dogbone replacements and they do make pick up smoother but they dont last so I have gone back to normal dogbones and I did try the ball bearing diff for about 5 mins before it disintegrated by threading the main bolt which went through it. Haven't had time to re put it all together and am not sure on how strong it would be. My main plan was to reduce the power loss with the normal diff and increase efficency, just cant handle the power.

also im for the T bone racing bumpers they are great and save so many breakages! (unless you miss the bumper and go straight for the wheel!)

and while I remember, if anyone is interested I was running 2 x 10,000mah batteries from HK in my storms. Seawater did kill them off and the extra weight did make them a bit slower. They did last for a while but after submerging them in the sea a few times they both died. Have gone back to nano tech 6,200 mah which seem to be good batteries.

Will post some pix when I get chance.

Burn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hey Ladies and Germs been along time since I hit the Forums. It about that winter time for me to blow the dust off the trucks(literally) and go bashing in the cold. How has every one been?
    You Aint Got No Pancake MIX!!

People end to overlook the blitz and firestorm because of the slash and rustler. Inmy honest opinion, the HPI products are much better than Traxxas. I recently bought two blitz trucks because they were cheap( very ) for my grandson. I built both of them, one for each of us, and I can't stop playing with the darn thing. I bring it out more than my AE sc10 4x4. It is about the best balanced electric I have and the only upgrade is integy piggyback shocks ( originals were bad and these are cheaper). I have 1/5 baja and 1/10Blitz and both are great. I will try to share pics when I get the chance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Welcome back pancake and hello/welcome nitro4lyfe and burn. Post pics of what you are driving. I am waiting for parts to finish mine up, my storm is very different than before.Gone back to the plastic chassis.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I set my firestorm up for clay and updated the build thread:

Nitro-Rob's Carbon Fiber E-Firestorm Build
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0875.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	1930595   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0874.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	1930596   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0873.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	1930597   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0872.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	1930598  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Not a bad first night out. I got comfortable with it and managed to get around the track with it okay. It feels heavy, especially in the rear end. I didn't get a chance to put a shorty in it forward because I spun a hex and ended the evening.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Nice rig, like the white parts.
    Life Is Too Short, Eat Dessert First!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrmirodebnar/videos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I've had the storm in two races recently. The stadium truck class is new at our track and there are only three entries in it. I have been struggling with the handling and just recently worked some things out. Its not a topic that has been brought up much in this thread.

Its well known from the blitz (and another forums firestorm thread) that the suspension is too stiff for racing conditions. Associated spring kits(1580 and 1582) are what people are using. The HPI springs are all stiffer than the associated springs. I just changed them and it made a huge difference in the cornering traction and how it felt in the air.. I think the stock springs would be okay if you are driving on asphalt or high grip surfaces.

Unfortunately my steering bell crank broke on me. Its the integy aluminum one. It wasn't a very impressive piece from the start. It didn't stop me from buying two replacements...there aren't many options. It looks like this thing will at least run well enough for me to club race with it. Its a heavy tank, though,but it can be made to handle pretty well.

I've ordered proline ion tires for it (they work really well in all the other classes at the track) and changed to a 13.5 turn speed passion motor.
    Last edited by nitro-rob; 11-28-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Hey Rob, been creeping on your build the past few days, just wanted to chime in, what did you feel was the need to switch to a 13.5? Just for a bit more control at the track? I ask because i've been looking at 10.5t brushless motors, switching from the stock 15t brushed the HT comes with. Loving the build thread, keep up the good work. Looking forward to putting mine out at the track in the near future.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I run the 13.5 to tone things down but I compensate for the slower motor with gearing. Its pretty ideal for the short course I am driving on. I wouldn't shy away from a 10.5 turn, it won't be uncontrollable.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hey guys,

Felt the need to post up following a brilliant couple of hours on sunday with my kids and my firestorm.

The car - 2012 firestromE brushed
    Updated motor to Ezrun brushless
    2 x 5300ah 2s lipo batteries
    New tyres after wearing the originals out last year. replaced last week with the same as before.

I got this car early last year and spent the next few months crashing it, soaking it and generally abusing it. My kids had a go but tbh they were so worried about crashing it too they were never that keen.

Well last week me and my 11yrs old lad went to the local race track (Tarmac) and spent 1.5hrs messing about. As its damp here and covered in leaves etc the firestorm was the perfect motor. It bounces over the chicanes and tailslides with ease. I have dialled the numbers on punch etc back to the lowest setting so its a bit more user friendly. As its a race track there is about 6ft of long grass all the way around the track so he could full throttle it and leave the track without any chance of damaging it. By the end of the session he was getting the hang of it and the two of us returned home smiling.

This weekend we did the same and his 6yr old sister came along. Truth be told she was nearly as good as him :-)

At last i have found something they can both enjoy at the same time, because they usually fight like cat and dog. It was very funny my son running around the track being chased by the firestorm driven by his sister. She got his ankle as well. We all cheered.

^Great post, I have been enjoying the past few days taking my 6yo daughter out for some bashing with my Firestorm and (Soon to be hers TT-01; Christmas) Let it be stated again, that children might not be the best racers, but they stand alone at the top when it comes to bashing. Now if only my wallet enjoyed it as much as we do.

Quick question for everyone/anyone. Im getting ready to install a VXL 3s Brushless system into my 10HT. I plan on using 2s Lipos due to not wanting to worry about overheating my truck, and just overall not wanting to go absurdly fast. As far as I can tell, since I still have the brushed 15t firebolt installed currently, I have stock HT gearing. For the brushless switch running 2s Lipos, what gearing/pinion gear should I be looking at using? If it helps, im looking to bash and run the truck casually at the local track. I'd prefer slightly more speed over torque.

Thanks everyone!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks TT01. I must admit the kids are a bit nervous at the bashing lark because the firestorm is a bit much for them in brushless mode. We had it at the local bmx track last year and it was doing some pretty impressive jumps which caused a few repair bills.

I am not sure of the VXL system but when i was looking at going brushless i was told to just use the standard gear and see how it went with temps. My esc has a temp setting protection so i think i have it set to the minimum and after about 10-15mins of all out running on the race track i can get it to kick in. I do have a smaller gear ready for when i start being able to make the most of it but tbh the jump from brushed to brushless was huge for me in terms of not crashing so i have left well alone.

The honest truth is that i cant see any point in changing unless i was racing or i planned top speed runs. I have mine in the lowest punch setting and it still wheelies and on the long straight on the race trace i hold top speed for about 0.5secs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I have no level of experience btw. I just found the jump from a brushed firestorm running a nimah pack to a brushless running lipo to be huge :-) try that first

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The velineon is ~3500 kv so you can gear the heck out of the firestorm and not worry about heat. You will need to make up for the low kv (it normally is 4800) so I would put the biggest pinion on you can, which is 24 for the stock spur. I think it would be too slow if you went below ~ 20 teeth.

Its good you guys are enjoying RC with your kids. Mine aren't in to it at all really so its a solo venture for me. I wish they were, though, but I am fine with whatever they do as long as they don't sit on front of the TV or game console all the time. Some kids can really rock an RC. I have raced against some really good 11-13 year old drivers and one of the best in the area in 8th scale is 12 or 13!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelittlesthobo View Post
    I have no level of experience btw. I just found the jump from a brushed firestorm running a nimah pack to a brushless running lipo to be huge :-) try that first
    It will be.

Thanks guys. I'll leave the gears alone for the time being then, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to shoot myself in the foot by leaving it stock. Glad to hear it should work just fine.

I will say, if anyone else looks into that motor, that the ESC and Motor don't "quite" fit the firestorm chassis/transmission case, and some slight modification with a drill bit and hammer is necessary.

I've found motors in the storm seem to run a bit hotter than my evader, granted i'm running PL moabs (discontinued now) but they're HEAVY and around 5in. i ususally run badlands on the evader which are pretty light for their size. I did manage to cook a castle 4600kv motor geared 16-87 (stock spur) on a 2s. Now i'm running a HW 35a esc (it's branded turnigy but it's the same) and a tacon 3950kv motor right now, i forget my gearing but thats a solid combo, it could use a bit more low end but it seems to build power.

Rob you mentioned the integy steering rack, my buddy blew the stock unit to bits introducing it to a rock... Would this be a good upgrade or should i stick with the stock unit?
    Savage Flux 2350 Evader ST Pro EXT \'\'Detta ST E Choas, HPI E Firestrom Novus CP