RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Reply
Old 01-24-2009, 10:31 AM
  #1326
bigmd74
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: metuchen, NJ
Posts: 243
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

its a glitch stopper by novak.i was having a problem with glitching at a certain distance.i realized it was my receiver.i like the way it looks,besides i read that it helps with brushless setups.
bigmd74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:39 AM
  #1327
bigmd74
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: metuchen, NJ
Posts: 243
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

i just received my rs4-mt universals and realized i ordered the wrong ones.i ordered fronts.damn!!!!!!
bigmd74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:48 AM
  #1328
redfisher1974
 
redfisher1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PalmerstonOntario, CANADA
Posts: 9,180
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: vendettaoutlaw

ITS NOT A LINK ITS A NUMBER AND NO WERE DOES IT SAY ''EBAY'' AHH! LMFAO!
Doesnt matter i have done the same thing and they still send me a email and take it off....
redfisher1974 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:17 PM
  #1329
vendettaoutlaw
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: athens, PA
Posts: 13
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: redfisher1974


Quote:
ORIGINAL: vendettaoutlaw

ITS NOT A LINK ITS A NUMBER AND NO WERE DOES IT SAY ''EBAY'' AHH! LMFAO!
Doesnt matter i have done the same thing and they still send me a email and take it off....
its all gravy man!
vendettaoutlaw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:45 PM
  #1330
redfisher1974
 
redfisher1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PalmerstonOntario, CANADA
Posts: 9,180
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: vendettaoutlaw


Quote:
ORIGINAL: redfisher1974


Quote:
ORIGINAL: vendettaoutlaw

ITS NOT A LINK ITS A NUMBER AND NO WERE DOES IT SAY ''EBAY'' AHH! LMFAO!
Doesnt matter i have done the same thing and they still send me a email and take it off....
its all gravy man!
I like gravy....
redfisher1974 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:56 PM
  #1331
vendettaoutlaw
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: athens, PA
Posts: 13
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: redfisher1974


Quote:
ORIGINAL: vendettaoutlaw


Quote:
ORIGINAL: redfisher1974


Quote:
ORIGINAL: vendettaoutlaw

ITS NOT A LINK ITS A NUMBER AND NO WERE DOES IT SAY ''EBAY'' AHH! LMFAO!
Doesnt matter i have done the same thing and they still send me a email and take it off....
its all gravy man!
I like gravy....
yea me too on som e potatoes lol.......... WHAT OTHER KINDA BODIES FIT THE E FIRESTORM? ANY IDEAS. I KNOW I WILL HAVE TO MODIFY ANYTHING I GET THATS NOT HPI BUT ANY IDEAS ON WHAT BODIES ARE A CLOSE FIT??
vendettaoutlaw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:00 PM
  #1332
redfisher1974
 
redfisher1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PalmerstonOntario, CANADA
Posts: 9,180
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Quote:
yea me too on som e potatoes lol.......... WHAT OTHER KINDA BODIES FIT THE E FIRESTORM? ANY IDEAS. I KNOW I WILL HAVE TO MODIFY ANYTHING I GET THATS NOT HPI BUT ANY IDEAS ON WHAT BODIES ARE A CLOSE FIT??
I have no idea as i have not seen anybody run a different body,But i too would like to know as i would like a different body for my Firestorm.
redfisher1974 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:32 PM
  #1333
bigmd74
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: metuchen, NJ
Posts: 243
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

so far there is only the firestorm body available.not alot of after market support,i guess you have to be a Rustler.
bigmd74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:45 PM
  #1334
mercerbeef
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kahnawake, QC, CANADA
Posts: 489
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

bigmd74- what did you pay for the platinum rc parts? do they make the battery strap to?
as for bodys i think the atomic bodys fit, i've seen some on the firestorm10t but the shocks could be i the way
mercerbeef is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:02 PM
  #1335
e-firestormer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: EllenbrookWestern Australia, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 21
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Does anyone else have problems with lots of dirt and sand getting through the gaps in the spur gear cover? If only it had an extra screw on the side closest to the shock tower. I really hope someone brings out an aftermarket motor plate and gear cover that is 100% sealed! I do alot of running in the sand and usually I have to use electrical tape to seal the gear cover or else I will end up grinding away the spur and pinion!
e-firestormer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:42 PM
  #1336
micro guy
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: somewhere, IL
Posts: 393
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

For every body who has the e firestorm flux how do you like it? Have any of you clocked it? thanks
micro guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:10 AM
  #1337
bigmd74
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: metuchen, NJ
Posts: 243
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

mercer here is an email right from the company
The PRC178 is the complete E-Firestorm Carbon Fiber kit. This kit includes PRC175, PRC176, PRC177. The kit is $31.50USD and I do have this in stock. Otherwise the parts are each are listed as follows.

PRC175-Battery Tie-down-$15.50
PRC176-Servo Brace-$8.50
PRC177-Front Brace-$10.00
bigmd74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:24 AM
  #1338
Arigato
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 76
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: micro guy

For every body who has the e firestorm flux how do you like it? Have any of you clocked it? thanks
I love mine. I don't know how fast it goes but it's pretty gnarly. I'm still waiting for someone to recommend a heatsink. Here's my latest paint job; I wanted something I could easily see anywhere on the track.

Arigato is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:46 AM
  #1339
ElectricGuy007
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Owensboro, KY
Posts: 5,527
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

I raced mine again last week, this truck never wants to break, and that's a good thing.
My rear end diff cups are not worn as bad as others on here.
Still holding up ok. I have heard of people using a small piece of fuel tubing or heat shrink on that part.
ElectricGuy007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:51 AM
  #1340
dphaight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: , CA
Posts: 21
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Arigato


Quote:
ORIGINAL: micro guy

For every body who has the e firestorm flux how do you like it? Have any of you clocked it? thanks
i like it, good bright colors always,make it easy to see






dphaight is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:21 AM
  #1341
SuKeZ
 
SuKeZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC
Posts: 38
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Quote:
ORIGINAL: bigmd74

mercer here is an email right from the company
The PRC178 is the complete E-Firestorm Carbon Fiber kit. This kit includes PRC175, PRC176, PRC177. The kit is $31.50USD and I do have this in stock. Otherwise the parts are each are listed as follows.

PRC175-Battery Tie-down-$15.50
PRC176-Servo Brace-$8.50
PRC177-Front Brace-$10.00
Very nice!
SuKeZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:25 AM
  #1342
SuKeZ
 
SuKeZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC
Posts: 38
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: bigmd74

and more
What servo do you use?
SuKeZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:17 PM
  #1343
Arigato
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 76
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Ready for the track:
Arigato is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:42 PM
  #1344
73
 
73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Singapore, SINGAPORE
Posts: 91
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: e-firestormer

Does anyone else have problems with lots of dirt and sand getting through the gaps in the spur gear cover? If only it had an extra screw on the side closest to the shock tower. I really hope someone brings out an aftermarket motor plate and gear cover that is 100% sealed! I do alot of running in the sand and usually I have to use electrical tape to seal the gear cover or else I will end up grinding away the spur and pinion!
The cover on mine worked great for some months keeping dirt out, but lately it has started to let in small grains. So a quick fix I did was to loop a elastic band over the gearbox, and pull it over the gear cover. Not a 100% seal, but worked well enough for now.
73 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:38 PM
  #1345
redfisher1974
 
redfisher1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PalmerstonOntario, CANADA
Posts: 9,180
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

I need something to do.....I think i will make a gasket for the spur gear cover....Now where is the telephone book(cover makes good gaskets)
redfisher1974 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:40 PM
  #1346
vendettaoutlaw
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: athens, PA
Posts: 13
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

NEW BODY READY FOR PAINT . MCALLISTER RACING BODY OUTLAW T.... NEW STRIKER TIRES AND RPM WHEELS NEW RPM BALL CUPS SORRY BOUT THE PIC QUALITY TOOK OFF CELL WILL POST SOME OF THE PAINTED BODY IN A FEW DAYS




Image Hosting
vendettaoutlaw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:12 PM
  #1347
redfisher1974
 
redfisher1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PalmerstonOntario, CANADA
Posts: 9,180
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Hey i found this body....its says it for the E-Firestorm...Not sure though as it says its for a savage too etc....Should email them to see if it is for the e-firestorm.

http://www.xtownrc.com/catalog/produ...oducts_id/4763
redfisher1974 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:48 AM
  #1348
bigmd74
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: metuchen, NJ
Posts: 243
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

i tried it , it does not fit.the shock towers get in the way.
bigmd74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:35 AM
  #1349
e-firestormer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: EllenbrookWestern Australia, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 21
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Hi guys, I have been tinkering and playing around with the e-firestorm for a few months now and am wondering what the opinion is on the tire balooning you get on the rear wheels. When my beast is flying around the place it almost looks as if only a small surface of the rear tire is actually touching the ground. If this is the case then it would be like going up a few teeth on the pinion as the wheel diameter has increased and is changing the final gear ratio.

I have thought about taping over the air holes in the wheel to see if this stops the air being sucked in and the wheel balooning. If this improves performance then upgrading to low profile 30 series wheels may be th trick.

What do you guys think? Is this an issue?
e-firestormer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:10 PM
  #1350
dphaight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: , CA
Posts: 21
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: e-firestormer

Hi guys, I have been tinkering and playing around with the e-firestorm for a few months now and am wondering what the opinion is on the tire balooning you get on the rear wheels. When my beast is flying around the place it almost looks as if only a small surface of the rear tire is actually touching the ground. If this is the case then it would be like going up a few teeth on the pinion as the wheel diameter has increased and is changing the final gear ratio.

I have thought about taping over the air holes in the wheel to see if this stops the air being sucked in and the wheel balooning. If this improves performance then upgrading to low profile 30 series wheels may be th trick.

What do you guys think? Is this an issue?

you almost got it,just put some tape on the inside of your tire(i like duct tape) it acts as a steel belt in a reg. tire it will minimize your balloning and keep more tire surface to the ground.
dphaight is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:36 AM.