Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 6 of 429 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

I will probably have an E-Firestorm in a day or 2 as soon as it makes it to the hobby shop. I am thinking about using my 12x2 mod motor in it for extra umph! I cant wait. Ill try and post some pics asap

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I will probably have an E-Firestorm in a day or 2 as soon as it makes it to the hobby shop. I am thinking about using my 12x2 mod motor in it for extra umph! I cant wait. Ill try and post some pics asap

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds cool. Both times. LOL J/K

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOL rcjeepthing i was comparing them to losi wheels at amainhobbies losi wheels are 5.99 a set of 2. i found hpi wheels on stormmer hobbies for 9.99 i wasent aware that they came with shims and hexes so i guess thats really not bad. does anybody know of any other bodies that will fit this truck? i saw a few pages back that somone tried an ae body and it didnt look real good on it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: IlikeR/C
    The stock ESC is only rated down to 15 Turn, so I wouldn't try it unless you have another ESC that can handle it!

Hope you enjoy the E-Firestorm. I love it.
    Savage Flux 2200Kv | E-Savage Trophy Truck 3100Kv | EX-1 Buggy 2200Kv | E-Firestorm Baja Bug 5700Kv | GB-01 Buggy 5400Kv

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ughhhh.. It has rained here for like 3 days straight. However my truck is looking almost new because of the lack of being outside. If you were going to stay brushed what motor / esc combo would you get for the e-firestorm?
    E-firestorm MMP 5700 Hitech 925 MG

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rossiman

LOL rcjeepthing i was comparing them to losi wheels at amainhobbies losi wheels are 5.99 a set of 2. i found hpi wheels on stormmer hobbies for 9.99 i wasent aware that they came with shims and hexes so i guess thats really not bad. does anybody know of any other bodies that will fit this truck? i saw a few pages back that somone tried an ae body and it didnt look real good on it.

I don't know of one that fits exactly. I have since adjusted the body posts and it seems to fit better now. Why don't you try another one and let us know how it works out for you? That's my mission the AE one I used was from J Concepts.
    HPI: E-Firestorm with Sidewinder and E-Firestorm with Novak
    Team Associated: SC10 in progress

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Enzyme80

Ughhhh.. It has rained here for like 3 days straight. However my truck is looking almost new because of the lack of being outside. If you were going to stay brushed what motor / esc combo would you get for the e-firestorm?
    I just matched a Team Orion 15X2 Method R SV2 Special Edition up with my stock HPI ESC and its a whole new beast for sure. Much better acceleration and top speed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i tickeled the idea of trying the jconcepts rustler body it kinda looks close i dont mind the stock body but seems nobody has a clear one in stock.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Finally got a run in before dinner last night with the new Reedy 5000 mAh Pro 20C Li-Po. I was driving around at least 25 minutes before I had to stop to go in for dinner, so I didn't get to run it all the way down to 6.0V cutoff. Excellent speed, acceleration, and run time paired with the Sidewinder 5700. I still had the stock 19 tooth pinion in there. Ambient temps were about 60 F at the time and the motor got up to about 163 F. My off-road practice area isn't big enough to run the truck wide open (fastest section allows for just one quick burst on the backstretch) and it was cool outside so I have 16, 17, and 18 tooth pinions available to play around with when I'm at the big track on a hot day. Did just a few short speed runs on the pavement. With the battery just about all the way forward I really had to take care with the throttle because it would wheelie on-demand. Maybe it is time to take a look at my ESC and Transmitter programming setups. Wow this must be what HPI had in mind when they designed this truck.

My friend got his new body painted, and used some longer body posts to mount it. It's an HPI Baja TT (The E-Savage bug body) and it looks great on the E-Firestorm.

I'll probably get pictures of the battery and my freind's E-Firestorm Bug this weekend since we're planning on getting out to the big track for some racing!
    Savage Flux 2200Kv | E-Savage Trophy Truck 3100Kv | EX-1 Buggy 2200Kv | E-Firestorm Baja Bug 5700Kv | GB-01 Buggy 5400Kv

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stoopid aluminum rear hub carriers!

I've given up on the hardnened aluminum rear hub carriers and have gone back to the plastic ones. I broke ballstuds twice more this saturday during racing. Too bad one of the ballstuds broke inside one of the carriers as I don't think I'll be able to remove what's left inside there. Maybe I could have sold these things off, I guess I still can since there is still a mounting position still available but I don't think I would do that to a fellow Firestorm owner. Anyway I think these carriers are transferring more impact energy into the ballstuds then the ballstuds can handle. Lunsford Titanium ballstuds have a different thread pitch so they aren't going to be able to thread into these carriers. My friend hasn't broken a ballstud yet on his truck and he's not much better of a driver than I am so it has to be either the aluminum carriers, titanium turnbuckles, or both that has caused me to break so often. I'll continue running the titanium turnbuckles for now and see how it goes next time I'm out at the track.

So, pretty much I no longer recommend the aluminum carriers, I think the truck is more durable without them.

Fortunately I didn't have to leave the race event early. I was able to recover my dogbone both times and get the truck back together to return to the track for later qual heats and the main.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can someone tell me if this is faster and better then the traxxas ruslter xl-5 rtr. and what is the difference between this and the rustler xl-5.
    thanks
    RC8.2 Worlds/ TTR ST-1
    Pro-Line/ Boca/ STS/ David M. & Mitch @ M2C Racing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Switch all the rod ends you can over to the captive type, I did this to all my race vehicles and very rarely had any more problems with them breaking or popping apart. They look like heim joints, Parma used to make them but I'm not sure they still do but Dubro I'm sure has them, they're used a lot on plane linkages. You eliminate the ball studs and use through bolts/nuts. I used the heavy duty units on the camber links and the regular ones on the steering tie rods...
    too much power is never enough

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: derek_18mt

can someone tell me if this is faster and better then the traxxas ruslter xl-5 rtr. and what is the difference between this and the rustler xl-5.
    thanks
    top speed is a little faster for the xl-5. On a track the e-firestorm wins given the same level driver. They both are strong but I have had the e-firestorm for 2 months and have not broken anything yet where my friend has had the xl-5 for 2 months and has had to replace basically the whole front end with RPM parts. The e-firestorm being newer does not have many after market parts and the xl-5 has all of them and then some.

The e-firestorm is ready to go brushless... the sidewinder is 130 (motor and esc). The xl-5 you need to upgrade a lot of the parts to go brushless (bearings, gears, maybe other things I don't know).

Overall they are both pretty good trucks. The xl-5 seems to be the truck preferred by bashers but the e-firestorm can bash w/ the best of them and can go to the track and compete as well. The e-firestorm has a lot of adjustments which is great for changing how the truck will handle on different types of tracks.
    E-firestorm MMP 5700 Hitech 925 MG

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A friend at the controls of my truck.

I've had the E-Firestorm for a little over 3 months now, and this thing is a survivor.
    I am new to hobby-level RC, this is my first real vehicle and is what I used to learn driving with.
    Being a beginner, this truck hits almost every track marker it went past, flip over countless times and jumped off-angled suffering endo many times. Having such a hard life the past 3 months, still it's holding up. Other then having some arms freeplay and braking a stock motor brush (thus now running Tamiya SuperStock), the entire truck is stock.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats a great looking shot !!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

would i be better off with this then the rustler or bandit vxl.
    RC8.2 Worlds/ TTR ST-1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Way better ...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Way better for sure. Its brushless ready and handles like a dream compared to the Rustler.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

but i wont have brushless, and i will be going super slow right.
    RC8.2 Worlds/ TTR ST-1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ask the 6 guys I beat in the mod truck class last weekend if they thought I was passing them too slowly..... LOL Its not slow.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

really, ok then tell what you were racing agianst and was it all stock, what kind of spee were you looking at. But your giving up brushless
    RC8.2 Worlds/ TTR ST-1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have better tires and some Lunsford goodies. Stock ESC and a 15 turn motor and I was geared down from stock for better punch off the line. I would have to guess on speed, but no less than 30mph. I was up against some XXXTs an Evader, a couple T4s and a Rustler.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

were u versing a rustler vxl or no.well at least you smoked them. see here is my problem im only allowed to get one more r/c. and i want to have something great and fast. And already have brushless. BUt i like the rusler vxl, e-firestorm, and losi desert truck, and i saw a sneak peak of a vxl slash. And im on a budget to...300.
    RC8.2 Worlds/ TTR ST-1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wait for a month ... e-firestorm flux ... should be just 9 bucks above your budget ... assumin you have the batts and charger [8D]

Page 6 of 429 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast