Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:18 AM
DS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

thats way to expensive the rustler vxl is a better deal or the team losi desert truck, or e- firestrom
Old 05-07-2008, 06:29 AM
allicedout

Can someone here tell me, when your in forward and you hit reverse, should the tires lock up? Or does it take a while to slow down then stop? My e-firestorm doesn't lock up the tires when i go from forward to reverse, but if i'm in reverse and hit forward it instantly jumps forward. Any idea's of this is normal? Thanks.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:35 AM
DriftingDragon

its not a bad thing if they lock up, and yes going from rev to fwd will not ease it on and that isnt good for the gears you should loosen your slipper
Old 05-07-2008, 10:05 AM
DS

out of the losi dt and e- firestorm which would be better. Now between vxl and e- friestorm
Old 05-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Enzyme80

If you just want speed go with the VXL. If you want something you can race go for the e-firestorm. You can bash the crap out of both of them but only one can you tune to race (stock that is).

When I go from forward to reverse the car breaks as it should. The tires may lock up a little but that is more if I turn when breaking (hard turn 180 or something like that). It also depends on what surface I am on.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Enzyme80

Just got back from a great bash. Setup 4 jumps 1 ft up to 3 ft and prob like 20 degrees (nothing) up to about 50 for the 3 ft jump. I think I can truly say that since nothing broke on this car I am just going to have to start making things up to go buy new parts. This was crazy one jump was about a foot and 1/2 over my head landed perfect. Others were lower but did not land as well (many cartwheels). This thing just kept going. I am very happy with my purchase (already was but even more now). I would absolutely recommend this truck to anyone looking for a great stock ST. I really can't wait to get brushless and better servos. For now though I think new tires will be my first purchase and then a better battery.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Oregon mud

I realy like mine to and have been far from easy with it. Only a stripped servo horn so far. Its a great truck.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:22 PM
rossiman

i like mine to just need to decide on either a speed passion or mamba 5700 i only will race mine no bashing i just picked up some ae springs and will retune the shocks and fill the rear diff with 2k diff fluid. im probley gonna end up with the mamba system just cause the price tag and it comes with all the soft ware. and i have to get rid of the rtr body i just cant stand the rtr look of it. its been a loooong time since i bought a rtr LOL. really wish this was avalible as an ss kit. still i think i made a good buy i just cant get over how cool this gear diff is is about time somebody put this in a 10/th scale. mabey things like this and lipo/brushless systems will help get electric racing back on top.[8D]
Old 05-08-2008, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: allicedout

Can someone here tell me, when your in forward and you hit reverse, should the tires lock up? Or does it take a while to slow down then stop? My e-firestorm doesn't lock up the tires when i go from forward to reverse, but if i'm in reverse and hit forward it instantly jumps forward. Any idea's of this is normal? Thanks.
On road and surfaces like tiles and sidewalk, yes, my truck does not stop at a blink too. But I was told it was probably part of the design, as this is meant more as an off-road vehicle, or a safety feature to protect the gears.
Once in the dirt, the rear skids around nicely when brake/reverse is applied.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Oregon mud

If you have replaced the receiver than you need to set the ESC back up or you will have no brakes at all. I found this out the hard way and there is no instructions on setting it up either.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:49 PM
DS

ok guys i know this is a e-firestorm thread and most of you will vouch for them because you own them. But out of the losi dt, rc10t4 rtr, hpi e-firestorm which you think would be great for bashing?
Old 05-10-2008, 12:49 PM

Well, the brakes wasn't strong straight out of the box, but it worked for my purpose (leisure) and where I play (offroad).
But I think I may have somehow damaged the stock HPI esc, now the truck don't hit full throttle even when the trigger is all the way in.. Power is not consistent, usually slow in fact, and the esc heats up quite a bit more.

So I got the esc replaced with a new Futaba unit tonite, and the truck appeared to have recovered it's speed and much more. With the new esc, I can slam on the brakes and the wheels lock, or ease it on to slow the truck down. Still need to hit the track tomoro to check out if the truck is really fixed though.
Am I the first to have a problem with this esc? [&o]
Old 05-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Oregon mud

The main problem I heard about with the E Firestorm was supposed to be the ESC but I couldn't find any specifics. My truck arrived in the box, with the ESC in 3 pieces floating around. I assumed that was the problem everyone was talking about as I wasn't able to get mine to stay together. I ended up gluing it with tire glue and plan to replace it soon with something that will run a brushless motor eventually.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Enzyme80

I have not had a problem with my esc yet. Well it was not saying connected to the chassis but I fixed that and haven't had a problem yet. I think I may have finally hurt something on the car but it I have not examined it yet.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:31 PM
fusebmx13

Hey guys, I own a brushless stampede and it is very fun. However I just found this track by my house and I dont think that my stampede will work all that well there. So do you think that i should buy a firestorm or shoul I wait and get the firestorm flux? 310 seems like a lot for that truck. I think that i will just want to drive it in the stock class. I have batteries and chargers and all that good stuff. So i would just have to get the car.

Or should I go for the nitro version of the firestorm?
Old 05-11-2008, 10:38 AM
mog ruith

i have been following this thread and have intention of getting this e-fs
i know this stadium truck is 2wd, so question is
how does it handles compare to a 2wd buggy?
does it over or understeer the moment i hit full throttle?
asking cos i suck at driving a 2wd buggy,
but not sure of a stadium truck though
so can anyone pls fill me up on these...
thanks alots
Old 05-11-2008, 10:42 AM
DriftingDragon

it will take a bit of practice so it doesnt spin out but it handles really well
Old 05-11-2008, 10:48 AM
mog ruith

i have a habit of always wanting to throttle at full everytime a buggy is stationary
just love the torque and after that seeing it catching a decent speed
anyway are you sayin it will tend to spin out and has characteristic of a 2wd buggy?
Old 05-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Oregon mud

Unless you loosen the slipper. You can use it as a traction control almost. But its still best to just learn some throttle control. LOL
Old 05-11-2008, 11:04 AM
mog ruith

what can i say? im the throttle happy type
and is loosening the slipper goin to help?
cos if im to loosen too much the slipper will just be too loose to even move the truck
and is this thing ready for a brushless set up out of the box?
Old 05-11-2008, 11:12 AM
fusebmx13

how fast is it stock? i saw a guys on youtube and it was only going 19 lol what a joke. my stampede went at least 30 stock.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:00 PM
freestylingford

If it was a xl5 on 6 cells your still tiered cause you didn't go 30mph under those conditions.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Enzyme80

I would say stock (with crappy batteries) I have hit like 20-25. With better batteries I am sure it would be more like 25-30. Still it is plenty fast for what I am doing with it at least right now.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:34 PM
DriftingDragon

go 7 cell get close to 40
Old 05-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Enzyme80

not 100% yet but I think I am going to get the SW / 5700 combo but might go for the mamba max 5700 combo so in time I can get the 3s lipo going. Considered the 6900 but not sold on it yet however it is the same price (actually 5 dollars cheaper). Has anyone ever ordered from [link=http://www.b-p-p.com/products.php?cat=40]Bishop Power Productions?[/link] How were they? I think even with the coupon at towers I cannot get the mamba max and 5700 or 6900 for that price.

What I need to change the gearing at all, looking at Castle Creations web site I need to up the spur gear just wondering what people have seen / done so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.