Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 01:48 PM
EnglishSamuraii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Okay the beeping noise has now been sorted. But whenever the power goes on the led turns red. I assume the led just shows that the power is on?
Old 12-29-2011, 10:58 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

yeahh thats normal for the lights to change...

the lug
Old 12-30-2011, 03:05 AM
EnglishSamuraii

Okay thought so. I just wanted to check that's all.

Cheers
Old 12-30-2011, 06:06 AM
nitro-rob

Usually the truck sits with an orange light when there is no throttle applied, I wonder if you have the throttle trim set a little bit in the reverse direction which is making the light show red but its not enough to push the truck.  Try moving it forward a little.

I've decided to to a tekno conversion on my hot bodies D8.  Their kits are almost complete a chassis, you just put the bulkhead stuff on and a few parts from the main tub.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:22 AM
mercerbeef

Rob- is it cheaper than buying the D8 kit? or rtr?
Old 12-30-2011, 09:51 AM
nitro-rob

I guess you are talking about getting a D8s and converting it versus getting the Hara kit? Towers prices: kit is 400 and the RTR is 460. You need to get the electric kit which is 120. If you get the RTR you can sell the motor but it is not the same the Hara kit. You also don't get the servos with the hara kit and tires.
The vorza complete has the blur esc and tork motor so neither is a good option if you want a buggy unless you want the mechanical brakes of the tekno kit. I am doing the conversion because I had a nitro roller laying around.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:36 PM
EnglishSamuraii

Nope the throttle trim is set in the forward direction, the car moves but as it moves the red light is on. And when it is still the light is green.

Also, im looking at upgrading it to a slightly quicker motor, are there any that you would recommend from this website? Id prefer to use this site as their UK based as am i
Old 01-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Trek1771

Hello. I am new to this forum. I just purchased a E-Firestorm flux waterproof rtr and love it.  It is faster than I was expecting.  I changed the speed control battery connector to Traxxas. And am running Traxxas 4200 NiMH.  I want to upgrade the steering servo.  Can none give me some advice on a good waterproof servo.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:45 PM
nitro-rob

Welcome. Unfortunately there aren't many waterproof servos.  Traxxas sells some but I don't know the model number.  Squirrelod on youtube has a video on how to waterproof a servo for about $5.

I sold my other firestorm the other day.  It was advertised since the summer and got little interest.   I actually sold it to a guy who was picking up my wheelie king.  Now I am going to advertise my blitzes as rollers and get out of short course - it never felt right.  Going 8th scale buggy if the Tekno conversion gets back in stock at the normal places I buy it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS
Old 01-02-2012, 01:35 AM
EnglishSamuraii

Hi guys, would you be able to recommend some decent brushed motors off of www.modelsport.co.uk please? As I want to get a quicker motor without having to upgrade anything else.

many thanks
Old 01-02-2012, 02:40 AM
Peloche

Happy new year all !
Old 01-02-2012, 06:16 AM
nitro-rob

Samurai - thats an unusual question in here.  Sorry I can't help you, I know nothing about brushed motors.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:43 AM
namewasdallas

Guys I got some Brand new Parts to sell, I ordered a set of Aluminum Blitz ese Ballstuds which are stronger then the firestorms. While I ordered the titanium blitz ese turn buckles cause the firestorms suck to adjust and it came with ballstuds and cups.

So for Sale I have

- Blitz ese Aluminum Ball studs- $5.00

- I also Have a brand New Light weight Slipper, $9.00

If anyone is interested just let me know. I just dont need double of everything.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:20 PM
revoracer10
My Feedback: (1)

hey guys i just got a e-firestorm 10t ht and was wondering if there is anyhing i need to do out of the box because i drove it some and loved it so far but now i want to start taking it to a track and eventually use it to start racing as i do not race right now any help would be nice thx

Old 01-02-2012, 01:53 PM
EnglishSamuraii

I didn't do anything to mine apart from charge the batteries and go. All I do at the mo is clean it after every run. And once in a while check the transmission and motor etc
Old 01-02-2012, 01:55 PM
DarksideVR

Nitro you sold your Firestorm!!! how sad
Old 01-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Trek1771

Hello all.  I am having problems with my new firestorm flux waterproof RTR.  My steering does not work at all when I turn the knob on the transmitter. When I plug the steering servo into the throttle port in the receiver, I can turn the wheels with the throttle trigger.  So I know it's not the servo.  When I plug the steering servo back into the receiver and turn the car on, the wheels turn all the way to the left.  Do i need a new receiver?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:15 PM
nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: DarksideVR

Nitro you sold your Firestorm!!! how sad
I sold my original stock one with a brushed setup in it. My current firestorm will be retired to a shelf at the end of its life.

Trek - can you drive the truck with the throttle in the steering servos location on the receiver? Did you check the endpoints on the radio? Try rebinding.
Revoracer - as far as mods go there are a lot for the storm but it comes down to preference. Look around this forum and see what people are running and what they say about the truck. New tires are always good but that depends on where you're driving. 2.8 inch rims and dirt hawg tires and 2.2 (stock sized) rims and dirt works have been popular for general use and road rage II on the street.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:03 AM
Trek1771

Thanks for responding. Nothing responds when plugged into the steering port of the receiver. Both the steering servo and throttle work when each is plugged into the throttle port of the receiver. I have tried to rebind. It did not help. I do not know what the endponts of the radio are. Sorry, I'm a rookie!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:23 PM
32_d3gr33s

not sure if its been done, or if its even possible to do... But im looking for a way to make my firestorm narrower. i want to try to take at least 1 inch off the width if possible. I want to try to do this with stock wheels, so i was looking for different a arms that might fit. anyone have any suggestions?
Old 01-03-2012, 11:29 PM
nitro-rob

The easiest solution is to use a zero offset rim since the HPI rims are a deep offset.  There are several out there.  Desperado 2.8 inch rims are perfect for this but you would have to switch to the higher profile tires to achieve this.  I took mine off because it narrowed the truck too much.   A-arm fit is going to be tough especially since you would also have to find shorter dogbones.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:51 PM
AIRSAVAGE

Just got my new tires/wheels installed......and the new radio!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn38050.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1709916  
Old 01-04-2012, 07:59 PM
nitro-rob

Congratulations. Now get out and drive. I wish I was still living in Chapel Hill - I'd be driving too.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:17 AM
XxINLINExX

First time posting on these forums <N00b>

Finally received my E-Firestorm yesterday ::woohoo:

Charged the battery over night (6 hours per manual). Brought it to work today since we have a huge parking lot to have some fun with it. But seem to be getting interference [&:] on a stand the truck accl/rev fine but when it's on the ground she travel's a couple feet then stops....regains signal travel another couple feet then stops....aaargh!

Old 01-06-2012, 07:55 AM
EnglishSamuraii

This happened to me. And I discovered it happens when thelow voltagecut off kicks in. In otherwords thereisn't enough power left in the battery to be able to cope with the friction on the ground So simple recharge the batteries andit willbe fine. Irecommend investing in a decent charger. As otherwise you'll be waiting a long time for the batteries to charge.Also you may need to re program the battery settings with the esc it should be in the manual at how to do this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.