Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Redvanmafia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

ORIGINAL: DARKWAV

Pictures of my E-Firestorm...

pretty sick....
Old 03-30-2008, 06:56 AM
allicedout

Nice rigs guys. Keep the pics and info coming!
Old 03-30-2008, 06:02 PM
freestylingford

I managed a broken rear axle after a 43 mph cart wheel today (I may have tightened it a little to much also).Good I bought some extras on the last order from tower some of the stronger parts for this car don't stay in stock very long. I've got a set of Diff shafts on backorder. But mine are still good enough to use they are just starting to get wore out. Still very strong it happened where Ive got this spot that has a dip in it that the truck either sails over it or it just tosses it and I got tossed.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Enzyme80

I can't believe I have not broken anything yet. Yes I am only running stock with crappy batteries but flipping end over end, hitting some 5 ft jumps, running off of stair cases... not always landing and the truck just keeps going. The only thing not stock in mine now is the shock oil but that is nothing. I love this thing.

Don't get me wrong I down want something to break but I made a rule I will not upgrade any part until that part dies so I will not be mad if it does!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:42 AM
party_wagon

I had been racing a xxx-t. Lets just say that this truck makes the xxx-t look like a twig when you put them side by side. From what I have heard the only weakness is the front pivot block which can be replaced w/ an alum. pivot for $20. From the looks of the shocks they should actually perform pretty well w/ a decent set of o-rings in them & a good set of shock shafts.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Redvanmafia

My opinion has changed i like this firestorm, Hopefully it stays around for a while and you guys keep goin on about it and will be good!
Old 04-01-2008, 06:29 PM
DARKWAV

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: party_wagon

I had been racing a xxx-t. Lets just say that this truck makes the xxx-t look like a twig when you put them side by side. From what I have heard the only weakness is the front pivot block which can be replaced w/ an alum. pivot for $20. From the looks of the shocks they should actually perform pretty well w/ a decent set of o-rings in them & a good set of shock shafts.
When I had the stock shocks one of them leaked a bit. Replaced the silicon O-rings on that one and that took care of it. My friend is still running stock shocks and hasn't had that problem. We only use the trucks off-road so they get quite the workout and its really dusty out there too. So, one shock out of 8 isn't bad...maybe the o-rings on that one weren't properly lubed when initially assembled.

That suspension mount is nice...it was my first mod since I overtightened/stripped-out a screw that attaches the front brace and shaft retainer.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:40 PM
supamagician

WOOOHOOOOOOO i got my e-firestorm 10t today and it is sooo awesome. we were drivin it today and i mean flips jumps crashes and everything else and the only thing that happened was a drive axle popped out which was a veryyy easy fix. i love this car. i will try to have pics up tomarrow
Old 04-01-2008, 10:31 PM
ElectricGuy007

I'm waiting for the brushless version.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Enzyme80

Does anyone have any recommendations on a new steering servo? Does not have to be anything too crazy but just want to know what my options are.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:20 PM
rbjeepthing

Went with a Hitec hs-625m. Am happy with the torque and response. Nothing to crazy but definitely better then stock. At the same time I upgraded to a Spectrum DX2.0. OVERALL I am happy with the direction this is going.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Enzyme80

Thanks. I will take a look. I am not getting anything just yet but just wanted some ideas.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:48 PM
supamagician

heres my e-firestorm

Old 04-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Access

Today I ended up letting some other family members run the E-firestorm, twice, and it took a ton of abuse, hit a garbage can, a signpost, head-on, lots of flips and bouncing around, got run and bumped around a lot by an E-maxx, but no real damage. This is one tough truck.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:02 AM
DARKWAV

Freshly painted HPI DSX-2 (E-Firestorm) Body. Also Pro-Line Step-Pins and Edge tires mounted on black HPI dish wheels.

This was my first attempt at painting an R/C body.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82331.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	923853   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83105.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	923854   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dj11402.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	923855   Click image for larger version

Name:	Un34359.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	923856   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bn77046.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	923857  
Old 04-07-2008, 01:33 AM
green_overcomer

ORIGINAL: supamagician

I like the Mustang better than the Firestorm.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:35 PM
rbjeepthing

Freshly painted HPI DSX-2 (E-Firestorm) Body. Also Pro-Line Step-Pins and Edge tires mounted on black HPI dish wheels.

Me likey good job can't wait to get my body done. You will love the tires they are ten times better then the factory ones.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Enzyme80

I like the paint job. Has anyone else done one for their truck? I have not yet but I think I am going to if I ever break this body. I don't know how people can break it maybe it is just me but I ran it under my car heard a loud crack looked at my truck and nothing was wrong with it. I am just amazed at how durable this whole truck is.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:39 PM
ElectricGuy007

I heard the e-firestorm performs just like a T4 with T4 shocks, that is pretty much the only upgrade needed.
I know DARKWAV from rctech.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:34 AM
savtraxx

ui was going to get dishes but 35 for new tires x2 and 25 for dishes x2 thats 110 dollars!!! because you cant re use the tires can you? i men athats crazy
Old 04-08-2008, 10:47 AM
DARKWAV

ORIGINAL: savtraxx

ui was going to get dishes but 35 for new tires x2 and 25 for dishes x2 thats 110 dollars!!! because you cant re use the tires can you? i men athats crazy
New tires are a must for racing. You'll be anywhere from non-competitive to virtually out of control if you don't have tires that work well on the racing surface. It becomes a challenge simply driving at a slower pace around the racetrack which isn't any fun at all. So, R/C racing definitely incurs additional costs you wouldn't have if you only backyard bash. The cost is more like $50 for a new set of wheels and tires.

My hard compound stock tires are still mounted to the stock wheels, so I use that for bashing or practicing at home to save wear on my race tires. When those stock tires are unusable off-road they'll be set aside for street use. I don't see needing to buy dedicated street tires because I only rarely use the truck out on pavement so old off-road tires that have been reduced to slicks should be fine. I'll bust out the race tires for the track.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:41 PM
rbjeepthing

ORIGINAL: Enzyme80

I like the paint job. Has anyone else done one for their truck? I have not yet but I think I am going to if I ever break this body. I don't know how people can break it maybe it is just me but I ran it under my car heard a loud crack looked at my truck and nothing was wrong with it. I am just amazed at how durable this whole truck is.
Well I gave painting and a new body a try for the first time I'm pretty happy how it turned out. I had destroyed my old one pretty extensively. For the new one I used a J Concepts T4 body since the clear HPI body is on back order right now from my lhs and some Tamiya spray bomb. The body does not quite fit right and unfortunately I can't improve the front mounting any better but it will definitely do.

ORIGINAL: B44&501xRacerEX

I heard the e-firestorm performs just like a T4 with T4 shocks, that is pretty much the only upgrade needed.
I know DARKWAV from rctech.
I wouldn't quite say that but it does seem to be more durable since every time my buddy with his T4 seems to break something from hitting me. I probably should have purchased a T4 since it seems I am purchasing more AE hop ups then HPI lol.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Enzyme80

I like the paint job on that too especially the hood. Are you buying AE parts just because they are easier to get or what is your reason for getting them? I was looking at HPI's site and it looks like they have some nice shocks on there but being new I don't know what is good vs what will do.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:03 PM
rbjeepthing

ORIGINAL: Enzyme80

I like the paint job on that too especially the hood. Are you buying AE parts just because they are easier to get or what is your reason for getting them? I was looking at HPI's site and it looks like they have some nice shocks on there but being new I don't know what is good vs what will do.

Three Reasons
1.Availability
2.Price
3.Look

For instance the HPI shocks are almost twice the price of the AE and HPI has less spring combinations available.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Burlsey

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi-m0ASdzIc]E Firestorm Video[/link]

Just a short vid with my son driving, there is a link in the about bit to some stills. Great truck, stong, quick, and will be even quicker when we go brushless

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.