Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 11:02 AM
ElectricGuy007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

ORIGINAL: broken rusty

i'm torn between a xxx-t cr and a e-firestorm any suggestions too help me.
get both....just kidding....the e-firestorm I like the look of it better reminds me of the scary dark impact look.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:21 PM
rbjeepthing

ORIGINAL: Enzyme80

ORIGINAL: rbjeepthing

Wow Nice job. Just change the wheels for looks? Are you gonna use both of them or just have one for parts?
Just swapped them onto my other truck so I could run it at the track since there is a lot of loose dirt.

I will use it in it's stock form. I installed a lipo cut-off so I can run my batteries in it. If I need parts I will rob them from it and obviously it will be un-drivable. When the parts are readily available I will set it up to race and then have a working drivable truck for who ever else is with me at the time.

I am new to this not that I am going to run lipo anytime soon where you do get a lipo cut off and how do you install it? Just wondering if it would be worth my time. Right now I am still just running crappy nimh (real crappy I mean).
Her is the link. Lipo makes the factory truck pretty close to a rocket.
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/li...ule/index.html
Old 04-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Enzyme80

Wow Nice job. Just change the wheels for looks? Are you gonna use both of them or just have one for parts?
Just swapped them onto my other truck so I could run it at the track since there is a lot of loose dirt.

I will use it in it's stock form. I installed a lipo cut-off so I can run my batteries in it. If I need parts I will rob them from it and obviously it will be un-drivable. When the parts are readily available I will set it up to race and then have a working drivable truck for who ever else is with me at the time.

I am new to this not that I am going to run lipo anytime soon where you do get a lipo cut off and how do you install it? Just wondering if it would be worth my time. Right now I am still just running crappy nimh (real crappy I mean).
Her is the link. Lipo makes the factory truck pretty close to a rocket.
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/li...ule/index.html

Thanks man. Sounds like fun
Old 04-21-2008, 01:10 AM
calvino

saw the e-firestorm at RCX dang, it looks nice[8D], still can't decide wether to get it or not[>:], it or a nitro, it or a nitro
Old 04-21-2008, 03:02 PM
ELK

what ugrades to get besides the Aluminum Threaded Shock Set 70-103mm, Aluminum Threaded Shock Set 67-87mm, Aluminum Front Arm Brace, Aluminum Front Suspension Arm Mount.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:43 PM
DriftingDragon

ok guys i have some questions and im not a noobie

so i just a got a castle 4800kv the mm comnig later (my efirestorm is stock)

what upgrades would i need to keep it together
Old 04-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Oregon mud

It has an all alloy transmission and diff so I think all that should be fine. Now that you will have it going faster you will want to be able to control it so an upgraded servo and horn. Also look at new rear tires to help you get all your new power to the ground. I also have the T-Bone Racing front and rear bumpers and they are quite nice. They will save your parts from those bad landings and hits you will eventually encounter.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:19 PM
DriftingDragon

ok should i get the cf arms of and any ideas for tires

i just checked my slipper and the pads are stuck to the pressure plate like they were glued (i am only child and didnt do it) could that have been done by water?
Old 04-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Oregon mud

I like Bow Ties for off road racing and bashing around. I dont run much on road so I dont know about tires for that. Probably some Road Rages I would guess.

As for the slipper Im not sure. It could have been from it slipping a lot and it half melted or it could have been from water. I havent had that problem with mine.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:39 AM
calvino

for a more dry track you want a LONG pin tire. for a wet track, you want a small pin tire, and for both, get a "medium pin" tire[8D]bowties are nice, but try and keep of the road with pins as that will = bybye tires fast[&o]
Old 04-27-2008, 11:36 AM
DriftingDragon

thanks for the help guys now i just need the money lol
Old 04-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Josh222

back from a day at the track trying to get it all setup. Defiantly need softer front springs as it doesn't compress enough to bite in.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:51 PM
rossiman

man i just orderd mine friday and really need to find a way to use some losi or ae wheels instead on the overpriced hpi wheels. but hpi uses a hex for their wheels.[:@] it adds to durability but can make it a small pain to get wheels for. im a racer not a basher and it really pained me to buy a rtr LOL but my lipo/brushless will find its way in it. and probley gonna drop the mula and get the option shocks. i really wish this rig came as an ss kit also i really bought this to try out the gear style rear diff as all the racers around here rebuild their ball diffs alot with lipo/brushless. plus hpi makes great stuff and i like to be different im new to this electrice scene and have been a hardcore gas racer for years now but since tracks are gonna allow lipo/brushless at races all over i decided to try it it just seems like alot less overall maintenece as im really burnt on nitro. but anyway has anybody tried any different type of wheels? mabey taking off the hexes and using the pins? i dont know just need some help with wheels.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:01 PM
DriftingDragon

how does losi mount wheels with out the hexhubs
Old 04-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Oregon mud

They fit onto the pins that the hex hub sits on. So they just hook on the pin.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:13 PM
DriftingDragon

i see
Old 04-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Oregon mud

I just got my new HPI rims in today. They are very nice and I think the reason they cost more is because of all the little adapters that come with them so they can be used on other trucks. Also they include the alloy wheel washers that go under the wheel nuts. Now I need to get to gluing!
Old 04-28-2008, 04:26 PM
DriftingDragon

which rims were they?
Old 04-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Oregon mud

They are a set of Scorch 6 spokes. They are just like the stock ones, but in white.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:53 PM
DriftingDragon

nice
Old 04-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Oregon mud

New HPI rims, new Pro Line Bow Ties and a new Orion 15X2 SV2 Method R Special Edition. Much faster and better off the line speed than the stock 15T motor thats for sure. Should hold me over till the ESC gives out or the brushless bug bites me.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:39 PM
DriftingDragon

oh got another question for a castle 4600kv should i use mm or sidewinder

i can afford either
Old 04-28-2008, 08:10 PM
DARKWAV

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

My HPI dishes also came with those metal washers. Good to know even the stock style wheels come with those washers if you need to buy new ones.

I think the MM would be overkill for the 4600 motor now that the Sidewinder is available, but I guess the MM still gives you more flexibility if you might want to run higher power systems later.

I'm hoping my Reedy 5000 Pro 20C LiPo (2S2P) are waiting for me at home today. Don't think I'll have a chance to run it tonight but at least I may be able to get the truck and battery all set up for a test run later in the week.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:54 PM
calvino

the mamba max can handle up to 3s lipo or 12 cells nicad/mi
the Sidewinder can handle up to 2s lipo or 6-7 cells nicad/mi
the Traxxas VXL can handle up to 3s lipo or 10 cells nicad/mi (and it costs a little more than the sidewinder BUT it is alot more powerful
Old 04-28-2008, 10:01 PM
rbjeepthing

ORIGINAL: rossiman

man i just orderd mine friday and really need to find a way to use some losi or ae wheels instead on the overpriced hpi wheels. but hpi uses a hex for their wheels.[:@] it adds to durability but can make it a small pain to get wheels for. im a racer not a basher and it really pained me to buy a rtr LOL but my lipo/brushless will find its way in it. and probley gonna drop the mula and get the option shocks. i really wish this rig came as an ss kit also i really bought this to try out the gear style rear diff as all the racers around here rebuild their ball diffs alot with lipo/brushless. plus hpi makes great stuff and i like to be different im new to this electrice scene and have been a hardcore gas racer for years now but since tracks are gonna allow lipo/brushless at races all over i decided to try it it just seems like alot less overall maintenece as im really burnt on nitro. but anyway has anybody tried any different type of wheels? mabey taking off the hexes and using the pins? i dont know just need some help with wheels.

Just Wondering what you consider expensive? The HPI dishes I bought from my LHS for $9.95 a pair to me that's not expensive at all. The six spokes are $7.95.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.