Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Old 04-16-2009, 02:40 PM
joey_the_kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974
Was the motor damaged at all from the impact? maybe try and setup your TX to the esc again...
I didn't appear to have any damage to it. The case wasn't even scratched.
And what do you mean by set up the TX to the esc? what's the TX???
Sorry...i dunno all these terms and stuff
Old 04-16-2009, 03:28 PM
twoez

Yah, I can wait, appreciate your help redfisher!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:15 PM
madmax93

I bought a E-Firestorm 10T and I removed the motor and it says it's a Firebolt
15T. What's up with that.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Willystylz

I'm guessing the 10T stands for 1:10 scale truck........was never meant to say it has a 10t motor.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Enzyme80

yes 10t is 1:10... not 10t motor
Old 04-17-2009, 12:48 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: joey_the_kid

Was the motor damaged at all from the impact? maybe try and setup your TX to the esc again...
I didn't appear to have any damage to it. The case wasn't even scratched.
And what do you mean by set up the TX to the esc? what's the TX???
Sorry...i dunno all these terms and stuff
Ok the TX is your Radio and th RX is the reciver....In your manual it should tell you how to setup the Radio and ESC....Something like "one touch programming"....Sorry this is for the flux...Not sure ir you have the flux...If not this does not apply to you....

You could check the tranny out to see if you messed up the diff or any gears inside....
Old 04-17-2009, 01:10 AM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: twoez

Ok here is the charger you want and the connector you will need......the charger is great but when you go lipo you will need to buy a balancer.......Worry about that later when you go lipo....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=SM&I=LXTCK1

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVJW1&P=M

Ok now for the battery....Tower does not have any 7 cell side by side packs or 7 cell stick packs with a deans on it...So can you solder a connector on? if not i Know of a better place to get good custom packs built the way you want with the deans connector you need...If not you can get the pack you where looking at and buy a Female deans connector and solder it on....let me know...

Thats about all you need...Oh and 8 AA batterys.....
Old 04-17-2009, 07:33 AM

ORIGINAL: rbjeepthing

Axial Beadlock Black Chrome Rims
Shown are Proline Speed Hogs
If possible, maybe replace those little screws with some button heads or better still, countersunk ones. That will be added security in cases where the truck brushes against something at speed. I've heard of someone breaking some of those screws when running offroad, and it'll suck to have broken screw bits inside the rims.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Enzyme80

ORIGINAL: twoez

Ok here is the charger you want and the connector you will need......the charger is great but when you go lipo you will need to buy a balancer.......Worry about that later when you go lipo....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=SM&I=LXTCK1

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVJW1&P=M

Ok now for the battery....Tower does not have any 7 cell side by side packs or 7 cell stick packs with a deans on it...So can you solder a connector on? if not i Know of a better place to get good custom packs built the way you want with the deans connector you need...If not you can get the pack you where looking at and buy a Female deans connector and solder it on....let me know...

Thats about all you need...Oh and 8 AA batterys.....
where is the place you talk about?
Old 04-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Willystylz

cheapbatterypacks.com
Old 04-17-2009, 02:03 PM
redfisher1974

Yeah Cheapbatterypacks.com I had them make me a 7 cell side by side 5000mah Elite pack with 12 awg wire deans plug and heavey duty bars and end to end soldering.....Great pack
Old 04-17-2009, 04:37 PM
rbjeepthing

ORIGINAL: 73

If possible, maybe replace those little screws with some button heads or better still, countersunk ones. That will be added security in cases where the truck brushes against something at speed. I've heard of someone breaking some of those screws when running offroad, and it'll suck to have broken screw bits inside the rims.
Good tip which I also thought about but after installing the tires I feel they provide enough protection since the are about 3/8' over the endge of the rim. I've bashed it pretty hard over the week with the rims and have yet to even scratch them. I'm not concerned about them offroad since they are only used in sand and on the road.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:19 AM
patxeik

hi guys, on monday i hope to get my e-firestorm, because today the postman didn´t want to give me [>:] ****er!!! i will kick out the stock electronics and install a novak gtb with a team orion sensored 5.5, also i will install the shocks of my t4 ft that im selling cause it breaks a lot. but i will like to buy the optional shocks if they work good.
Im looking for some rims cause i already have some tires, can anyone post links of rims? is any diference between rear and fron rims?
thanks for all
Old 04-18-2009, 10:20 AM
bigmd74

finally nice enough here in NJ to take out the FS.charging her up now!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:28 AM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: patxeik

hi guys, on monday i hope to get my e-firestorm, because today the postman didn´t want to give me [>:] ****er!!! i will kick out the stock electronics and install a novak gtb with a team orion sensored 5.5, also i will install the shocks of my t4 ft that im selling cause it breaks a lot. but i will like to buy the optional shocks if they work good.
Im looking for some rims cause i already have some tires, can anyone post links of rims? is any diference between rear and fron rims?
thanks for all
What pinion gear are you going to run with the 5.5? thats a onroad motor your going to have to gear way down so you dont over heat...I think the rims have the same offset.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:29 AM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: bigmd74

finally nice enough here in NJ to take out the FS.charging her up now!
Cool...I have to take the wife shopping then IM taking mine out for a good bashing.....
Old 04-18-2009, 10:32 AM
bigmd74

anyone using super brain 977?i was charging my lipo yesterday but had to go to work.it was charging for over an hr and had a little over 3000mah's in it.today i plugged it back in and its like its starting all over.any danger in this?
Old 04-18-2009, 04:36 PM
patxeik

ORIGINAL: patxeik

thanks for all
What pinion gear are you going to run with the 5.5? thats a onroad motor your going to have to gear way down so you dont over heat...I think the rims have the same offset.
i know this motor is not suitable for a rear wheel drive but i have tried just a little and i like it and i only own this one already, on my t4 im gearing it 18/82 and it is a beast, since it is sensored is more handling i think than my ez run 9t brushless on mamba max, but i havent tried too much, i will get an 8.5t or 7.5 when i earn some money hehe.
So which rims can i use, rustler wheels will be a direct fit? or any can post some links on where to buy some good looking rims (not chrome) and team losi tires
thanks guys

Old 04-18-2009, 05:11 PM
redfisher1974

Here are some rims from HPI Europe

http://www.hpieurope.com/options.php...51&type=wheels
Old 04-18-2009, 10:18 PM
supercharged347

I've always loved how quiet and smooth the Firestorm transmission is.....and seemed real tough. Till yesterday at the track when I blew the diff...

Was running a 3s Zippy on the VXL system when it went. Thing was pretty sick, would wheelie on the clay while moving along at a pretty good clip. Not sure what the top speed would be. Wish I could find a local hobby shop that had the diff in stock. Had planned on running it wednesday. Doubt I will have parts in time.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:15 AM
redfisher1974

Diffs wont last forever when they have to take the power of some brushless systems....Just like rearends in cars..I have blown them apart before aswell....Got any pics of it?
Old 04-19-2009, 11:31 AM

This is the second time I'm installing the old Novak Super Sport 5800kv system on the E-FStorm, and having a 15T pinion, 6 cell Nimh SxS packs.
Anyone know if I should go back to stock 19T pinion, or some 17T instead of the present? How do I know if it's under-geared?
Old 04-19-2009, 11:49 AM
redfisher1974

temp gun is the best way to set your gearing.....With my Havoc 8.5 Runninng a mix of onroad and offroad with a 19t pinion My motor runs around 130f and the esc around 100f well below the 160f guide lines....My nimh battery is getting up to 140f which means i might have to go lipo...Buy a cheap temp gun and gear it untill it runs around 120f to 150f then you have perfect gearing...
Old 04-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Willystylz

Anybody experiencing premature wear on the diff shafts?? Ran my storm thru a couple packs yesterday and noticed my diff shafts are wearing pretty quickly (the part where the pins extending from the drive shaft lock into the diff shaft). Wonder if anybody makes any after-market upgraded diff shafts for the storm?
Old 04-20-2009, 10:21 AM
rbjeepthing

ORIGINAL: Willystylz

Anybody experiencing premature wear on the diff shafts?? Ran my storm thru a couple packs yesterday and noticed my diff shafts are wearing pretty quickly (the part where the pins extending from the drive shaft lock into the diff shaft). Wonder if anybody makes any after-market upgraded diff shafts for the storm?

Been through 4 sets on my 5th now. I tried the hardened HPI ones can't remember from which truck. They were about 1mm to short on the diff side from installing the c-clip on. I just carry spares and replace them when I rebuild the diff. I couldn't find any better ones right now however I send an email to HPI regarding the issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.