Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

worst rc car youve owned

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:58 PM
bneterasedmynam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: worst rc car youve owned

i think i might actually vote rustler here lol or at least the stupid castor blocks i know there only like 4 bucks but still they break every time one flips, but to really say worst overall then i go with xxxt losi the diffs actually shred on them, i also really hate those e-flite blade pro choppers, there not made bad they just fly like bee's on crack.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:32 PM
XXT-CRer

a nitro truck called the outlaw rampage from kyosho.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:33 PM
XXT-CRer

now you should do a thread on the best rc you have ever owned.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:37 PM
crazy maxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

worst r/c??????
hmmmm
i love all my r/c's
Old 03-25-2008, 11:56 PM
paintstikker

That almost defiys Science like Plastic witch doesnt have nearly as much strenght as aluminum or metal, stripping metal?, or metals?, Ive never had that happen ever thats preety wild stuff
Well in terms of Tamiya's plastic gears, they will eat away aluminum gears so steel is the way to go.

Just because metal is hard doesn't mean it can be stronger than plastic, so to speak.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:41 AM
billdee

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Gearbox problem, eh..... that gearbox can takes a lot of abuse.. (takes brushless easily) If you say the Hornet sucks at handling jumps, etc. I'd believe you.. but it is so odd to see it have tranny problem...

Good luck!

ORIGINAL: billdee

tamiya hornet for me. this thing always had some problem in the gear box.i took the gear box apart so many times that over 20 years later when building a lunch box that has the same gear box as the hornet, i could put it all together without looking at the directions.scary stuff
at the time my friends father was working in a hobby store part time putting kits together, i gave the car to him after about 25 to 30 times of trying to fix t myself and still had the same problems after he did a complete re build of the gear box. however i purchased a lunch box (which has the same gear box as the hornet) not to long ago and have no issues what so ever
Old 03-26-2008, 05:46 AM
gman1

HA HA. I am noticing a trend throughout this thread. A vast majority of the cars that people are listing are all RTR vehicles. You wanna know why your having problems with mostly the electronics and stuff like that, is because these companies throw POS, cheapo equipment in them just to sell them to suckers who would buy a RTR in the first place. I myself have never bought a vehicle that was pre built. I enjoy building mine all by myself. It makes it a lot easier to fix and do general maintenance on, and you also get to choose the electronic equipment that you wanna slap in her ass. So basically IMO kits are by far the way to go. They have too many upsides for people on here to argue differently.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:54 AM
Phelansa

ORIGINAL: gman1
is because these companies throw POS, cheapo equipment in them just to sell them to suckers who would buy a RTR in the first place. I myself have never bought a vehicle that was pre built. I enjoy building mine all by myself. It makes it a lot easier to fix and do general maintenance on, and you also get to choose the electronic equipment that you wanna slap in her ass. So basically IMO kits are by far the way to go. They have too many upsides for people on here to argue differently.
+1
Old 03-26-2008, 06:02 AM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

Gman, your going to have a lot of people mad at you,but you are absolutely right about building your own. I myself only own 2 rtrs not including my tank and the other 20+ are kits. and the worst was a truck from the 80s called the Kyosho Double Dare,it was an ok truck but was impossible to get parts for[:@]
Old 03-26-2008, 07:51 AM
ludeman

Of course people are not going to complain about kits mostly because before you do buy a kit you have researched and really know what you are getting. However some of my favorite cars are rtr's that I slowly upgrade.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:51 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my traxxas nitro sport gave me a tuning head ache. i wont blame the 1.5 engine completely, i was new to nitro and lack of experience was part of the problem. but iv seen vids of other people taking 3 seconds to start their nitro, that was never the case with my nitrosport. it was a blast to drive, and the only thing that broke too easy was the rear shock tower(broke three in a row landing upside down off a jump)
Old 03-26-2008, 10:42 AM
kazakore

ORIGINAL: ludeman

Of course people are not going to complain about kits mostly because before you do buy a kit you have researched and really know what you are getting. However some of my favorite cars are rtr's that I slowly upgrade.
Surely it makes sense to do the same amount of research whether you are buying a kit or RTR [sm=confused.gif]

I know if i had the choice i would always buy a car RTR as I like to build things. Unfortunately this isn't always an option with a car you decide you want.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:47 AM
ludeman

ORIGINAL: kazakore
Surely it makes sense to do the same amount of research whether you are buying a kit or RTR [sm=confused.gif]

Not really, how many people do you think walk in to a hobby store and look at something on the shelf and just want it because it looks good. I have.[sm=red_smile.gif]
Old 03-26-2008, 12:04 PM
gman1

I know if i had the choice i would always buy a car RTR as I like to build things. Unfortunately this isn't always an option with a car you decide you want.
[/quote]

That makes absolutley no sense what you just said. You say that you would always buy a car that is RTR, because you like to build things. I think you meant to say kit.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:55 PM
kazakore

ORIGINAL: gman1

That makes absolutley no sense what you just said. You say that you would always buy a car that is RTR, because you like to build things. I think you meant to say kit.
[/quote]

Haha sorry at work and getting distracted by phone calls and things. I obviously meant I prefer a kit as you build it yourself, which I enjoy and it also gives you a deeper understand for when something goes wrong or breaks.

Hope that clears things up
Old 03-26-2008, 06:54 PM
vdubman

WARHEAD EVO hands down this peice of crap broke down every time i drove it tranny went bad motor sucked,rear diff broke several times all around peice of crap
Old 03-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Redvanmafia

I hate when Rc's just dont work sometimes you ask your self what were they thinkin releasing this to the public
Old 03-26-2008, 07:05 PM
NitroVette

The DuraCrap Thunder Quake was the only hobby grade model I would call a POS. Horrible truck.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:24 PM
The Collector1

Kyosho Double Dare,broke very easy and couldnt get parts[:@][:@]
Old 03-26-2008, 08:14 PM
RC_Basher20
My Feedback: (4)

i say i hate my pede xl-5 with a stinger xl-5 which is sitting in the dust lol run times were bad, motor got hot, just plain suked lol im not a mt person im a stadium kind of guy i once put my vxl in my pede and still suked, no wheelies soo i hate for pede xl-5 for now, untill i take it out of the dust and hope it up with a vxl and stuff or sell it
Old 03-26-2008, 10:49 PM
VXL ENCHILADA

Well i dont really hate any of my trucks, but afterall, i only have too. I am suprised people say there rustlers break so easy! Mine is like a tank. Crashes bashes flips and smashes all day long and i dont break a thing. Weird. [8D]

VXL ENCHILADA
Old 03-26-2008, 11:21 PM
pettyeagles

My worst rc car would have to be the Vendetta ST. I broke six axles the first time I raced it. Replaced the stock ones with steel drive shafts. Then the gear diffs let lose. They wouldn't last one heat race with the steel driveshafts. I did manage to take 1st place with two wheel drive the 2nd time out with it. Everyone I've talked to who has owned one has had the same problems. Good thing I race with two people who work at Tower hobbies. Free parts help out alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 11:28 PM
rymansl2

ORIGINAL: VXL ENCHILADA

Well i dont really hate any of my trucks, but afterall, i only have too. I am suprised people say there rustlers break so easy! Mine is like a tank. Crashes bashes flips and smashes all day long and i dont break a thing. Weird. [8D]

VXL ENCHILADA
Yea I agree. My brother's ruslter hasn't broken anything on it yet. And its taken full speed hits multiple times.

I can't really say what my worse rc is. I only own two. One of which hasn't had its maiden voyage yet
Old 03-27-2008, 12:41 AM
ighhockey9

Very interesting to read the comments about the traxxas vehicles breaking. My Bandit and stampede are the toughest cars i've owned. The only part on my t-maxx i broke was a rear bulkhead. Heck, the thing even took off full throttle into a retaining wall and just bent the bumper screws. Out of the following cars I have owned: rs4 3 type ss, bandit, elec and nitro stampede, pro 15 t-maxx and rustler, 2.5 t-maxx, b4, t3, nitro mt racer, and ta-05, the worst would be the nitro pede since its rwd, handles poorly, and i just couldnt keep it planted.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:29 AM
zeen420
Banned

worst I've owned... my smartech speedy tiger electric version...what a pos..lol

was alright for the first week, then break break break snap snap....[]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46633.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	914861  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.