Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

how have you made it your own? - e-firestorm

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 12:01 PM
supamagician

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how have you made it your own? - e-firestorm

How have you made your HPI E-Firestorm your own. whether it be by performance upgrades or by looks, how have you customized it?

pics of your E-Firestorm are greatly appreciated!!
Old 03-24-2008, 04:14 PM
DARKWAV

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: how have you made it your own? - e-firestorm

Added the aluminum and titanium HPI hop-ups (not including the ti-nitride coated suspension and steering shafts). Castle Sidewinder 5700 system and Futabal 3PM-2.4G FASST radio gear. Recently picked up HPI dish wheels, additional HPI springs, and Proline tires for race tuning. Pictures are floating around here somewhere. I may post them to the recently creaded "Official" thread although there are earlier threads that have been around longer and contain good info about the truck.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:23 PM
rbjeepthing

Here ya go

SideWinder 5700 with Castle Link
Deans connectors
1000wt diff fluid
HPI dish rims and Proline Blades for the front and Bow Ties for the rear

Suspension
Next on the list was in the suspension department. At the time when I was shopping HPI did not have a broad enough range of springs for my liking so I went with AE spring sets front and rear. The spring retainers that fit into the top of the HPI springs do not work with the AE ones so to remedy the situation I have recently installed a set of AE shocks. Currently I am running the AE shocks with AE Gold springs up front and AE Blue springs in the rear. The truck handles like a dream when running on an indoor track which is clay. I have no desire to further change the set-up.

As for Batteries and Charging duties I am running Peak Racing 3300Nimh x 3 which last for about 15min each and one 3300 Peak Racing 2s Lipo pack. I have a Hyperion Charger a OFNA power supply.

Maybe check out this thread since it seems to be taking off quite nicely. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7259802/tm.htm
Old 04-11-2008, 01:36 PM
dafpnp

Increased wheel base reversing the rear arms...