Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Why would this happen?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Enzyme80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why would this happen?

So I get everything plugged in to my e-firestorm for first time. The battery pack is charged and I have 8 AA batteries in the Radio I turn on the radio (should have looked at it first) then I turn on the car and nothing. I mean nothing at all the car made some noises just the servo moving the tires but my radio would not turn on. Shut off my car once I realized it and started to mess w/ the radio. I took out the crystal and then put it back in turned it on and everything is now working great. I was scared / a little upset but now I am a pig in mud. Can't wait for the battery to charge up again so I can get one more run in for the night. Officially hooked after one run!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:00 PM
VXL BURRITO

Default RE: Why would this happen?

Well it looked like you fixed the problem... You should get more batteries too, I'm gonna have 3 when my other Ener-G cell comes in. I'm glad you like it, they are very addicting indeed! I wanna buy all kinds of hop-ups for my truck now. And now I wanna buy a nitro too. I'm officially addicted to this hobby. I've had my r/c for almost 2 months and I've spent a little over $600 for everything. This is my first nice r/c.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Enzyme80

Yeh I plan on getting some cheaper batteries right now... Like the Radio Shack 3300 only 24 bucks and right now I am only bashing so from what I read those should be good and I like the price. I will prob get like 1 or 2 of those and then I am going to get a 6 and 7 cell ener-g. Can't wait for that but for now I am going to stay cheaper for personal reasons.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:59 PM
VXL BURRITO

Oh ok. Whenever you can I would definitely go for the 7 cell ener-g batteries from boomboombatteries.com, I just ordered another one. It made a huge difference with my Stampede VXL.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Enzyme80

Sweet. Just have to pay a few bills first and then win a bet with my wife!
Old 03-26-2008, 11:00 PM
VXL BURRITO

haha nice. Hope you win! lol
Old 03-26-2008, 11:56 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

Here's a cheat-code for bets w/ wives: "Honey I love you very, very much, and I promise, after I get that mamba max 5700 system, we'll go and get you a new necklace."

(just kidding)

What kinda bet?

Hope you get some ener-g's soon