Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

losi 1/10 desert truck.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:15 PM
cheech4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: losi 1/10 desert truck.

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

no matter how much you polish a turd it's still a turd
if your referring to a xxxt being a turd then the silliest thing i have ever heard, lol i rhymed.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:27 PM
mycarisaser

I have had 5 xxx-ts . 2mfes 2mf2s and 1 rtr2. The xxx-t is a great st and the stock tranny held up to a lehner 5300 brushless on 14 matched cells without a problem[78mph]. xxx-t = a turd, I dont think so!
Old 04-04-2008, 10:54 PM
sloppyG

oh, no the losi is a nice truck and if I were to add an ST to my fleet it'd probably be the xxx-cr-t

I was responding to the guy who thought the fun of having a honda civic was it's "potential" lol!

Old 12-11-2008, 05:27 PM
rikku007

ok i have a desert truck and i can say it does handle brushless, very well, i've put a brand new 4000kv brushless in the second i got the truck, i didnt even bother using the stock motor n esc and drove it for 2 whole months on brushless and no transmission parts broke or even looks to have any wear. during that time i i only broke one shock shaft becuase i landed really hard on one corner while bashing and i easily got it replaced, since its winter now, i've switiched out the brushless to used the stock motor and i say its much slower than the brushless but for a stock motor, its actually quite fast. the only thing i kinda complain about is the weight, with the rollcage and the gear diffs and everything, it makes it a hefty truck, i was hoping to be able to lighten it quite a bit for races and such. when people complain how much more expensive it is to other comparable trucks like the traxxas slash, then i want to point out that no other company has a comparable truck with a DSM radio, im not saying the losi dsm is great, the range is actually pretty crappy compared to the specktrum 3.0 but its still a DSM and i would pay 30 bucks more anyday to have a dsm than a ****ty stock 2 channel AM radio.

By the way, the XXX-T was a great platform, and has won many races, i do not complain at all for the desert truck to be based on such a proven platform.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:09 PM
clamber

Im selling mine with a SideWinder brushless if anyone is interested