Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

GETTIN EMAXX!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:20 PM
j.m.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GETTIN EMAXX!

yeah, i don't think so. Their shipping is by weight, and for that motor and esc, it'll be about $5 to ship. If you think their shipping is crap, then just ask takedown and b-boy16.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:24 PM
sloppyG

how long does it take you to get items from hong kong on $5 shipping?

for $5 bucks it's on a boat
Old 04-03-2008, 12:30 AM
j.m.

have you ever ordered from hobby city?

You might want to try and read something about how their shipping works.

I understand you have too much testosterone pumping through your veins, but please go and read something before you assume. There was this really cool invention in the 1700's called an airplane. They do have them now. And at $5 for the space it takes up for a motor and esc, they could make about $10,000 off of a single flight over here. (the shipping company that is.)
Old 04-03-2008, 06:51 AM
SavageX78

When I can im going to try out 1 of those Turnigy* motors. Looks very promising. And you cant beat the price.

EDIT: 1 more thing you may want to pick up is some Stainless steel screws http://www.rcscrewz.com/product_info...oducts_id/2738 They are a lot better than what comes on the truck. And the dont strip out as easily.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:39 AM
sloppyG

I'm just saying, I've shipped many items many places and getting air freight from the other side of the world for 5 bucks is crazy cheap

it costs almost half that to send a greeting card on a boat.

if they to actually ship like that, for that cheap they are most likely lying about the shipping charges and hiding the money for it in the price of the product
Old 04-03-2008, 10:08 AM
kazakore

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

I'm just saying, I've shipped many items many places and getting air freight from the other side of the world for 5 bucks is crazy cheap

if they to actually ship like that, for that cheap they are most likely lying about the shipping charges and hiding the money for it in the price of the product
Who cares if it's still cheaper than you can find elsewhere?

Got a link for this Hobby City? I can only find companies by that name in NZ and USA...
Old 04-03-2008, 12:56 PM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: kazakore

Got a link for this Hobby City? I can only find companies by that name in NZ and USA...

Sure do hereya go. http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_index.asp
Old 04-03-2008, 02:17 PM
j.m.

just google hobby city.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:25 PM
kazakore

ORIGINAL: MF2MM5700

ORIGINAL: kazakore

Sure do hereya go. http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_index.asp
Cheers muchly. I don't know why it wasn't showing up with either Google or Yahoo searches from here earlier. I was just getting http://hobbycity.co.nz and http://www.hobby-city.ca/ for results related to RC on the first page.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:24 PM
MaxxOrange

well guys looks like im goin for the feigao 9xl and the mm esc? sounds like a good setup to me from what ive heard, and the price isnt bad either, so are there different types of mamba max escs or something?...it would be nice if someone told me or gave me link on the right mm esc for the feigao 9xl
Old 04-04-2008, 11:11 AM
SavageX78

Heres the mamba esc> http://b-p-p.com/proddetail.php?prod...Max_Controller
And http://www.castlecreations.com/products/mamba_max.html

Old 04-04-2008, 11:18 AM
MaxxOrange

it says not for use in 1/10 elecrtic mts? why? and btw if the MMM comes out in a few weeks like its supposed to im gonna get it, because with the MM and feigao 8xl i cant run 14 cells because thats 2 volts over the limit, so id have to run 12 cells not 14. i need a straight answer though...if i do the 8xl and mamba max esc, will that give the emaxx a good balance of torque and speed, and can it be used for long term and not fry on 14 cells?
Old 04-04-2008, 11:30 AM
j.m.

the mamba max esc has been used on 5s(18.5 volts) with no heat issues, and can be used on 6s(22.2 volts) with a heat sink and fan.

There will be NO issues.

If you have a huge budget, consider looking into this motor:
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...091.5ys&cat=20
and this esc:
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...RK_125A&cat=21
Old 04-04-2008, 11:36 AM
MaxxOrange

my budget is close to 960 bucks, so idk if i can afford the neu and quark, but when the MMM comes out its gonna be around 300 dollars so i can afford that right? only time will tell...
Old 04-04-2008, 11:55 AM
MaxxOrange

[quote]ORIGINAL: j.m.

the mamba max esc has been used on 5s(18.5 volts) with no heat issues, and can be used on 6s(22.2 volts) with a heat sink and fan.

There will be NO issues.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:10 PM
MaxxOrange

yeah but all i wanna know is if i run 14 cells with a fan and maybe an ubec (if i really need it) will my esc fry because its 16.8v and not 14.4 like 12 cells is..so no heat issues..so with the 8xl and MM esc i will have good torque and speed? thats all i want
Old 04-04-2008, 12:25 PM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: VXL TACO

it says not for use in 1/10 elecrtic mts? why? and btw if the MMM comes out in a few weeks like its supposed to im gonna get it, because with the MM and feigao 8xl i cant run 14 cells because thats 2 volts over the limit, so id have to run 12 cells not 14. i need a straight answer though...if i do the 8xl and mamba max esc, will that give the emaxx a good balance of torque and speed, and can it be used for long term and not fry on 14 cells?

From what ive been seeing on other forums the MMM ESC should be out around the end of the month. And then motors will come out shortly after. But you could run the feigao with the MMM which is going to be able to handle 6s lipo. Not sure how manyvolts that is but its more than 16.8.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:34 PM
MaxxOrange

ok great! the MMM is supposed to ship april 21st http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/show...&postcount=484
the president of castle creations Patrick announced it. and im gettin my emaxx in early june, should i get the MMM combo or the 8xl and esc?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:42 PM
j.m.

I would try a 9xl or 10xl for an emaxx. Also, try that on 4s lipo because you will want the truck to be as light as possible.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6351
pretty descent charger:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=5549
you'll need a dc power supply:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6477
total for these plus a feigao 9xl, a 100a speedo, and an emaxx:
$598 (without shipping)

You could also try this motor:
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...540C_XL&cat=20
Old 04-04-2008, 12:59 PM
MaxxOrange

hmmm...so i need 2 of these 90 dollar lipos, one 50 dollar charger, and one 20 dollar power supply..the total is 250 dollars...but one problem, my budget is 960 bucks,so the emaxx at my lhs is 335.99, and the MMM will probably be around 300 bucks, plus the 250, thats 885 dollars not including tax and shipping and handling for the MMM and the lipos and stuff, plus i need the single motor conversion for 10 bucks at my lhs and a 5mm bore pinion...i dont really need or want lipos yet..do i have to have them for this system..or can i just use 7 cell energ flat packs? and about the 5mm bore pinion..do they come with different size teeth? cuz i would want one the same # of teeth as the stock emaxx pinion
Old 04-04-2008, 01:19 PM
j.m.

NO!!!! you just need one of those lipo's. In case you actually looked at the specs, it's a 5000mah 4s pack. That means it will have 14.8 volts and 5000mah of runtime. The total I gave you was everything you'll need minus a pinion. I would suggest that since you only need one battery, that you mount the motor on the far right side of the chassis and put the battery on the left. This will balance it out nicely. You DON"T want to buy one of the single motor mounts unlegg you want to run two of those batt's for 8s 5Ah or 4s 10Ah
Old 04-04-2008, 01:38 PM
MaxxOrange

wait, so if i mount the MMM and not use a single motor plate there will be an extra hole then right? is that bad?and if i want too sometimes i can use 2 7 cell energ packs right? i am probably gonna order the one lipo and charger and other stuff but i just wanna know if its ok to keep using NIMH and lipo when i want. and also what 5mm bore pinion do i need...or do i absolutley HAVE to buy one, or the MMM motor wont fit?
Old 04-04-2008, 01:41 PM
MaxxOrange

and also why buy a feigao 9xl and MM esc when i can just buy the MMM combo and the lipo..or will that setup not work?
Old 04-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Lilredmachine

Just get the MMM when it comes out. It will flat blow everything else out of the water.

Feigao stuff is crap, and has build quality issues. Hobby city ran a tag line on the end of each sales page stating that they highly recommended choosing another manufacturer due to warranty issues and build quality issues. And they sell the damn things. And before anyone kicks off, I have a Feigao brushless motor in an E-maxx, and experience all the overheating problems you get with said motor.

The motor you get with the MMM will be a beast for the price, being based on Neu architecture is a cert for that. 4 Pole is always better than 2. The MMM ESC also will not require a seperate BEC, even when running up to 22.2v or 6S.

Eveything else brushless and high quality at this level is either prohibitively expensive or difficult to come across, or both. To build a system that will perform like the MMM looks as though it is going to will cost you the best part of $600+.

Also, if you are going to run a Feigao motor in an E-maxx get an 8XL and run high voltage with short gearing, keep the amp draw low and you'll be ok.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:06 PM
MaxxOrange

lol id rather just buy the MMM and drop it in, ok its final im buying the MMM, so when i get the MMM it will be safe to run 14 cells (2 flat pack energ) in the new emaxx? and about the MMM motor fitting...will it not fit if i dont buy the 5mm bore pinion or is it just recommended, and if i absolultey have to have it what size (# of teeth?) do i need? i kinda want to keep the stock emaxx gearing but still have the 5mm bore pinion..thanks for the help lilred

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.