Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 06:13 AM
dacaur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

sounds like a fluke.... I haven't had a problem... It wouldn't hurt to glue it on if you really want too, or just add a preload spacer at the top and it will be held on a little more securely.. (add one to each side)
Old 08-08-2008, 07:30 AM
fullauto4u

ORIGINAL: bnangle

Does anyone know if they make metal spur gears or are they always plastic?Also I want to order a good lipo battery,Any ideas?Thanks

P.S. I am still trying to figure out the best gear combo for my slash.I am about to install 16t pinion on a 83t spur gear as per aTraxxas reps reccomendation.
As far as Lipo, I've been running Maxamps packs in my cars and I have been very happy with them. I ordered one for my wife's truck, a 6000mah 2s , it runs great! Just gotta watch out for the motor temps getting really hot due to the extended power and run time.

A few small action shots of her truck from yesterday....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68994.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1006643   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93785.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1006644   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13424.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1006645  
Old 08-08-2008, 10:50 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mercerbeef

i thought the jato gears fit in the slash? cuz they metal gears for the jato anyone know?
The Slash uses the same tranny gears as the VXL Ruslter and VXL Stampede..............
Old 08-09-2008, 03:10 AM
bladefan

Hi All.

Wanted to show you guys my NIGHT SLASH!

I have a Losi Desert Truck, which I also love. It came with lights on it. Believe me, I thought they were pretty dumb before I actually tried it. If you have never had a car with LED lights, you really need to give it a shot. I now do it all the time at night. Gives you more cues as to where it is, how far/how fast, and which direction its facing. Plus its just cool. I bought these lights for less than $16 shipped. I had them in 2-3 days. They guy who sells them had them in the mail the next am. I get nothing for talking up these lights, and I don't know the seller. I just think they're the really cool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-LED-RC-LIGHT-w...QQcmdZViewItem
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90684.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1007177   Click image for larger version

Name:	Iy36089.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1007178  
Old 08-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Alpha Male

I just bought a set as well. Thanks, bladefan!
Old 08-09-2008, 01:19 PM
dacaur

Very cool... but those pics are HUGE!!! You should resize them so they are no more than 800 pixels wide, and put each one on a seperate line, so that people dont have to scroll back and forth to see them....
Old 08-13-2008, 02:07 AM
bladefan

ok, got the pictures down to normal size! hopefully i wasnt the one to kill the thread LOL
Old 08-13-2008, 05:03 AM
VVRC

Spring Swap Research:

For anyone who is interested I did a quick comparison to the different types of shock springs available from Traxxas that will fit the Slash.

Orig. Equipment:

Truck - Part Number - (Unsprung Measurements)
SLASH - F/TRA5857 (56mm) R/TRA5858 (69.5 mm)
RUSTLER - F/TRA2485A (55mm) R/TRA3757X (81mm)
E-MAXX - F/TRA4957 (82.55mm) R/TRA4957 (82.55mm)
STAMPEDE - F/TRA3758X (63.5mm) R/TRA3757X (81mm)

The following are Progressive Rate Springs:

TRA5857 & TRA5858, along with TRA4957R (76.2mm)

So if you want to change out the progressive type spring with the closest match; from the table above it appears the closest match to the stock Slash spring is: TRA2458A (front) & TRA3757X (rear)
Old 08-18-2008, 10:17 AM
nlsolja26

Does anyone know of a lipo cutoff product I can use with the stock slash setup? I just bought a lipo battery for my slash and am really enjoying it so far, I'm just worried about going below the recommended voltage.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:21 PM
nlsolja26

Just got back from the track, its indoor and offroad. What I noticed most about the slash compared to other cars was how hard it was to get passed.

By far I wasn't the fastest car out there but hardly anyone could get by me without crashing or getting cut off.
I wasn't trying to cut anyone off I was just driving the best lines of the course. Made racing extremely fun, I have to admit.

Anyone else have fun with this???
Old 08-19-2008, 08:47 PM
dacaur

I haven't raced my slash yet... I'm hopping to get to my local track one of these next weekends... but I don't know.... A baby on the way and trying to get her room ready... they already stopped my wife's labor once... probably will happen withing the next week and a half... then it will be a long time before I can get out I thing
Old 08-19-2008, 09:38 PM
t9dragon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dacaur, Congraulations on the little one..........................
Old 08-20-2008, 03:00 AM
bladefan

I use a NOVAK LVC for Lipo on my desert truck. Someone at the local track said there is an issue with the NOVAK LVC and traxxas esc, so it doesn't work. I think you'd have to call novak to get the details though. I didn't persoannly verify this.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:25 PM
nlsolja26

I've read the same thing on a couple different forums, that the novak lipo cut off does not work with the slash stock esc. apparently novak is unsure about why this is and they are working on the problem.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:47 PM
noname994

Hey does anyone know if piggyback shocks are any good for this because I'm thinking about buying some.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:09 PM
dacaur

in RC, piggyback shock are really just eyecandy... big more shocks will be cheaper and work better.... In reality all piggybacks do is increase the volume of oil, which will keep it cooler, since there is more of it to absorb heat... in 1:1 trucks this actualy works, but the additional volume you get in 1/10 scale isn't enough to do anything, you get way more oil just going to a big bore shock...
Old 08-23-2008, 03:54 PM
bnangle

I have been having issues ever since I installed the new futaba 2.4ghz radio in the Slash.It has like 15 different settings and I have went through the traxxas venileon manual and the slash manual for settings and it still isnt right.The car lacks fwd speed it has alot of reverse power.I pull reverse and it doesnt even respond until the car is basicly stopped so today I reinstalled the traxxas TQ radio and the car is a rocket ship.I am having a blast with it now.It has quick response and it is very fast.I am going to leave it stock and save the futaba radio for my HPI Baja 5B I got coming.Anyone ever here of this before?
Old 08-23-2008, 04:03 PM
powerslider

You may have to reverse the throttle setting with the Futaba, the trigger is 70/30 so if not reversed your only getting 30% forward throttle. I run the same radio with an MM/Medusa setup and it works great...
Old 08-23-2008, 05:19 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: powerslider

You may have to reverse the throttle setting with the Futaba, the trigger is 70/30 so if not reversed your only getting 30% forward throttle. I run the same radio with an MM/Medusa setup and it works great...
No, the trigger on the futaba 3PM is not 70/30.... Its possible you may have to reverse the throttle, but only if the truck goes backward when you pull forward and you cant reverse motor rotation in the ESC...
Old 08-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Cashman90

I put progressive springs on the rear and the rear springs up front and 80 weight oil all around. I really like the way it handles now.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Soloratov
My Feedback: (1)

Hi there, quick question here that was mentioned at some point, but I'd like clarification on. I am getting a Slash soon.....if I can find one.....and I am not planning on doing anything major with it, just a basher, but I like the long run times. So I am looking in to a lipo batt, but stick with stock motor and esc. I know I need a 7.4 with a voltage cutoff, but i am not all that familiar with lipo tech. What cutoffs are going to work with this truck as I heard Novaks are touchy. I found a recommendation for a Trinity LiPro 5000 at another place, but again, my lipo tech is limited to basically voltage, mah and cell count.

Oh, also, all my other transmitters are taking AA's, and ya know, I want to get a battery pack for the transmitter, recharge that as well, sick of buying batteries. Where would I find one for the transmitter for the slash?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:40 PM
VVRC

ORIGINAL: Soloratov

Hi there, quick question here that was mentioned at some point, but I'd like clarification on. I am getting a Slash soon.....if I can find one.....and I am not planning on doing anything major with it, just a basher, but I like the long run times. So I am looking in to a lipo batt, but stick with stock motor and esc. I know I need a 7.4 with a voltage cutoff, but i am not all that familiar with lipo tech. What cutoffs are going to work with this truck as I heard Novaks are touchy. I found a recommendation for a Trinity LiPro 5000 at another place, but again, my lipo tech is limited to basically voltage, mah and cell count.

Oh, also, all my other transmitters are taking AA's, and ya know, I want to get a battery pack for the transmitter, recharge that as well, sick of buying batteries. Where would I find one for the transmitter for the slash?

Well, I have tried the Novak Smart Stop, the Cellshield & the Liposhield. None of them work.....This is what happened: http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...c-problem.html
Old 08-26-2008, 12:58 AM
mojavemonster

WHICH UPGRADES????

I've been reading and trying to piece some of this info together but really I know jack about electrics. I'm picking up 2 Slashes for my girlF and I and building a track in the back yard. With eveything else I have going on I can probably only upgrade about $100 per month , per Slash. What sequence of upgrades should I go with?

I guess i'm not really understanding all this elecro upgrade stuff. I pretty much just know about nitro. Could someone help? Thanxxxx
Old 08-26-2008, 01:52 AM
VVRC

Nimh or Lipo?

If Lipo...then upgrade to Brushless....if Nimh...then don't do anything...until something breaks.

You could always get Alum shock caps and heavier oil....but that depends on how you drive them.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:09 AM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: mojavemonster

WHICH UPGRADES????

I've been reading and trying to piece some of this info together but really I know jack about electrics. I'm picking up 2 Slashes for my girlF and I and building a track in the back yard. With eveything else I have going on I can probably only upgrade about $100 per month , per Slash. What sequence of upgrades should I go with?

I guess i'm not really understanding all this elecro upgrade stuff. I pretty much just know about nitro. Could someone help? Thanxxxx
I would start with the Lipo batteries 7.4 volt with at least 4000 mah of capacity and a good balancing charger like the Hyperion brand or others. To go plenty fast enough, all you need is a 19 to 27 turn race style motor with the stock speed control and a 90 tooth spur gear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.