Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

Old 06-18-2008, 05:10 PM
losifiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

ORIGINAL: spikeitaudi

Picking up my Slash in the afternoon. We will run a Slash Stock class at our local track with no spec on battery with the 12T motor. What does everybody suggest as a battery for the stock motor for a 5 minute qualifer and main?
Max Amps 6000mah![>:] Thats what I run and love it. You cant beat the quality of Max Amp lipos. I have had mine for over a year now, have never balanced it, and still peaks at allmost 9v. I ran the Slash for 20 minutes the other day and when I threw the battery on the charger it took allmost 4000mah. That means I could of probably ran it for about 1/2 an hour!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:18 AM
spikeitaudi

Thanks for that info but I don;t want to go Lipo as they are expensive and require me to get another charger. I am more of a nitro guy, but this thing was to good to pass up and get started in electric. Got a 3000mAH Nimh Venom battery. Seems to work well. Might go with a 7 cell next thou insteat of the 6 Cell. Is there a big gain in the 7 vs 6 cell in speed?

Here is my slash:

Old 06-19-2008, 10:38 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: losifiend

ORIGINAL: spikeitaudi

Picking up my Slash in the afternoon. We will run a Slash Stock class at our local track with no spec on battery with the 12T motor. What does everybody suggest as a battery for the stock motor for a 5 minute qualifer and main?
Max Amps 6000mah![>:] Thats what I run and love it. You cant beat the quality of Max Amp lipos. I have had mine for over a year now, have never balanced it, and still peaks at allmost 9v. I ran the Slash for 20 minutes the other day and when I threw the battery on the charger it took allmost 4000mah. That means I could of probably ran it for about 1/2 an hour!
You really should think about balancing your lipo. If you have had it over a year and never balanced it you might have problems with it in the future.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Lilredmachine

I'm surprised, the slash really looks a lot of fun. And it also looks nice now that there are some decent photos around. Still looks terrible with the shell off, but then all Traxxi do.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:17 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

Who cares what they look like without the body!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Lilredmachine

I do. So there.

Rc cars aren't cheap in general, I know this is cheap for an RC car but I'd like it to look a little better under the shell. At least to not look like it's a time warp from the 80's.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Shark413

Just got my Slash and this thing is huge. Here it is next to my 1/8 scale Kysoho buggy and my Jammin CRT.5 truggy.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:51 PM
ptgarcia

Polishing what's under the body ultimately just adds to that already "not cheap" price. I'm sure in the future there will be carbon chassis and such, but the majority of people won't run one. I love the idea of a low cost out of the box. Let those who want the bling pay for it.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Lilredmachine

I don't particularly want bling, i'd just like it not to look like a dodgem/ bumper car.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:55 PM
ptgarcia

I'd just like to see black used instead of that gray.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:13 PM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: ptgarcia

Polishing what's under the body ultimately just adds to that already "not cheap" price. I'm sure in the future there will be carbon chassis and such, but the majority of people won't run one. I love the idea of a low cost out of the box. Let those who want the bling pay for it.
People at my local track already have one. The entire fleet up at reo raceway bought one also.
I talked to my freind Jeff and he said this class is temporary and shouldnt interfere with the other classes.
I personally think people will get bummed out of this class. Because Lock is gonna be running in this class.
The fast guys who never make mistakes will be winning all the time and people will just get tired of it.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:11 PM
ptgarcia

ORIGINAL: B44&501xRacerEX

I personally think people will get bummed out of this class. Because Lock is gonna be running in this class.
The fast guys who never make mistakes will be winning all the time and people will just get tired of it.

Hmm, I have an idea..........How about practice and learn to drive better?
Old 06-19-2008, 03:29 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: ptgarcia

People at my local track already have one. The entire fleet up at reo raceway bought one also.
I talked to my freind Jeff and he said this class is temporary and shouldnt interfere with the other classes.

If they are all running stock then everone should have a fair chance at winning........................................... ...
Old 06-19-2008, 03:37 PM
WackoWasko

Wow, looking at those pictures it looks pretty big. Looks so fun
Old 06-19-2008, 06:29 PM
crazy for rc

There should be a race test between the, thundertech corr truck vs the slash vs the tamiya f-150 corr truck. And see who would win and be the best truck
Old 06-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Lilredmachine

The Thundertech is the only proper CORR truck in there, it is the only one with a solid axle.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:34 PM
hpiguy

A good track has box stock classes divided into newb and experienced classes. You usually have to win like five races to move into the experienced class. And if you finish dead last on five races, you get bumped down to the newb class until you get better.

Any track that has near experts going against newbs all the time is not helping the hobby.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:11 PM
fatkidjoey

man i love this truck , its so much fun to drive it handels like a dream , only problem i have is the wheel nuts keep comeing off , any one else have problems ?
Old 06-21-2008, 12:19 AM
dackeldawg

I'm not going to mind racing with more experienced drivers tomorrow (our first spec race). We are going to change to using the Traxxas brushless due to our track layout. We are leaving it open to run brushed at a later date if there is more interest. Racing with more experienced drivers allows you to see the best lines and the best way to run the track.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:05 AM
rossiman

i finaly got to run this rig yesterday and well i thought it felt like a wet noodle. LOL me personaly i would put some thicker shock oils in cause it was so soft it made it feel real loose and caused it not to jump very well and bottom out real bad. this class it getting very popular in a real short time at my track i will get one in due time i really like how you can get into somebody on the track and not get tangeled up like in my buggy class ya i can see why you guys like thease things. i just wish traxxas would have made thease brushless.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:41 AM
cmerritt

hey guys

i've been on and off about buying one of these and i think im finally gonna get one.

i was thinkin about this batt. > http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTBX7&P=7

what type of runtimes should i expect with this.

is there another battery i should run??

sorry for the questions. im new to high tech electrics. i used to run toy store electrics as a little kid. i run nitros now.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:50 AM
powerslider

I wouldn't get that Reference pack, too pricey for no name cells, get the 4600 7c hump pack with the red/black EP cells.Much better choice IMO...
Old 06-22-2008, 12:09 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: powerslider

I wouldn't get that Reference pack, too pricey for no name cells, get the 4600 7c hump pack with the red/black EP cells.Much better choice IMO...
this

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTHV4&P=ML
Old 06-22-2008, 12:56 PM
hpiguy

Yes, that is the one that will likely be better than the 5000 generic pack.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:14 PM
powerslider

That's the one, I have a couple I run with a MM and they give good power....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.