Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 11:57 AM
pilsner6981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

can anyone lety me know if there is any screws holding the tranny casing down to the chassis? i'm wondering particlarly about the part of the tranny facing the front of the truck. Do your trucks casings have a lot of wiggle to them? Thanks[8D]
Old 09-23-2008, 12:01 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: pilsner6981

can anyone lety me know if there is any screws holding the tranny casing down to the chassis? i'm wondering particlarly about the part of the tranny facing the front of the truck. Do your trucks casings have a lot of wiggle to them? Thanks[8D]
there should be x4 screws holding the tranny on.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:15 PM
mycarisaser

Question for all of you. Would you all pay $320.00 usd for a 9000mah 4s 30c lipo that would fit in an e-revos stock battery trays? If so check out the elites 4500 4s 30c lipos they look as they will fit. I cut a block of wood just a hair larger than the given specs to see if it would fit and it did. Even if they can only handle like 20c its still would be the highest amp and capacity lipo on the market that would fit. That might be my next lipo(hour runtimes hear I come)
Just thought I would share

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/mai...an=ELT&cat=E30
Old 09-23-2008, 10:16 PM
pilsner6981

ORIGINAL: xxSLiMxx

anyone have pics they can post? can't figure out where these screws would go?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:17 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: mycarisaser

Question for all of you. Would you all pay $320.00 usd for a 9000mah 4s 30c lipo that would fit in an e-revos stock battery trays? If so check out the elites 4500 4s 30c lipos they look as they will fit. I cut a block of wood just a hair larger than the given specs to see if it would fit and it did. Even if they can only handle like 20c its still would be the highest amp and capacity lipo on the market that would fit. That might be my next lipo(hour runtimes hear I come)

$320 for a snigle 4S lipo seems a bit steep
Old 09-23-2008, 10:21 PM
xxSLiMxx

Its the 4 screws that are in the middle. How do you not know where they would go?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81452.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1039870   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28514.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1039871   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35644.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1039872  
Old 09-23-2008, 10:31 PM
mycarisaser

$320 for a snigle 4S lipo seems a bit steep
No its two 4s 4500 30 lipos($160 each) so if you parrallel them it 9000mah at 30c=270amps on tap heck even if they are a true 20c thats still 180amp(way better than the 20c 8000 maxamps that are only a true 15c = 120amps). It would be the most powerful lipo set up for our truck and the largest capacity too

Its $310 for a max amps 8000 4s set up and it only 10 bucks more for the elites and you get alot more avalible power and 1000 more miliamps. I see no down side!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 12:32 AM
pilsner6981

Its the 4 screws that are in the middle. How do you not know where they would go?
hmm i think i mean the motor mount on top of the chassis. the big black base in between the receiver box and the esc. i need to know how that is held down to the chassis. it seems to wiggle around a lot. There is a burning electrical smell coming from the truck i think i burned out a motor too.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:51 AM
xxSLiMxx

hmm i think i mean the motor mount on top of the chassis. the big black base in between the receiver box and the esc. i need to know how that is held down to the chassis. it seems to wiggle around a lot. There is a burning electrical smell coming from the truck i think i burned out a motor too.
Take a picture or find one on the web and circle it. Because the motor mount its attached to the tranny gear box by 4-5 small flathead screws....theres 4 or5 holes that line up with the tranny....should be self explantory.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:58 AM
xxSLiMxx

Take a picture or find one on the web and circle it. Because the motor mount its attached to the tranny gear box by 4-5 small flathead screws....theres 4 or5 holes that line up with the tranny....should be self explantory.

Is this the part that you mean???

Name:	Lj23760.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1040020  
Old 09-24-2008, 11:19 AM
pilsner6981

this is a pic i found on this thread the big circle is the piece i was talking about the little circle i was wondering if screws go any where around the base mounting it to the chassis? mine wiggles quite a bit. Thanks again[8D]
[IMG]
IMG]
Old 09-24-2008, 11:58 AM
vge

personally i would never pay that much for one battery. hell a little more and you can buy another erevo.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:06 PM
xxSLiMxx

pilsner6981, the 1st pictures i posted are the right ones, theres 4 screws that go in the bottom of the chassis and hold the tranny on. Make sure you have all 4 screwd in tight, you dont want your tranny wiggling around it could cause alot of problems with your spur gear, drive train, might mess up your motor too if it get bad enough.

Name:	Vs55472.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1040170   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22972.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1040171  
Old 09-24-2008, 12:09 PM
mycarisaser

ORIGINAL: vge

personally i would never pay that much for one battery. hell a little more and you can buy another erevo.

Its hard for me to swallow too butif you look at all the people that buy the maxamps 8000s its only 10 dollars more. Still a little out of my price range at the moment

I was just trying to find a better alturnitive that gives longer runtime and more power.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:11 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: vge

Its hard for me to swallow too butif you look at all the people that buy the maxamps 8000s its only 10 dollars more. Still a little out of my price range at the moment
Maxamps if the biggest ripoff on the web, sure there products are good but you can get the same kinda lipos for alot less if you look around.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:16 PM
mycarisaser

I wont buy another maxamps battery b/c of not getting what I payed for but alot of people do.

I was going some old paperwork getting ride of my old lst2 stuff and found a reciept for a hyperion 20c 5000 5s that I bought a few years back and it was $320.00 man lipo prices have come down quit a bit.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:18 PM
vge

it's funny you just mentioned those maxxamp 6000 packs. someone is on ebay right now selling them as factory refurbs for $110 bucks!!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 02:20 AM
pilsner6981

pilsner6981, the 1st pictures i posted are the right ones, theres 4 screws that go in the bottom of the chassis and hold the tranny on. Make sure you have all 4 screwd in tight, you dont want your tranny wiggling around it could cause alot of problems with your spur gear, drive train, might mess up your motor too if it get bad enough.
Slim
Thanks for the info dude. those screws are really tight.
Unfortunately i didn't mean the tranny. i meant the part which i circled in the pic i posted. i was wondering how many screws hold that piece down and if wiggles for you or anyone else for that matter. Thanks again[8D]
Old 09-25-2008, 07:23 AM
mycarisaser

Slim
Thanks for the info dude. those screws are really tight.
Unfortunately i didn't mean the tranny. i meant the part which i circled in the pic i posted. i was wondering how many screws hold that piece down and if wiggles for you or anyone else for that matter. Thanks again[8D]
The part you circled in your pic was the tranny and one of the monting screws that are accessed from the bottem witch is pitured above in another post????????????? There is only 4 screws that hold it down.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Snaut Rocket

hey guys now many lipos can the ex2 take in stock form.
I think i heard 2s cause of the no low voltage cut off.
If so in order to run 3s or higher will i need a new esc, such as the mmm or novak.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:57 AM
mycarisaser

The evx2 will take TWO 2s lipos= a 4s lipo and you do need a lvc. The mmm will take up to 6s lipo and the novak hv will only take the same as the evx2 but the new pro has a lvc built in
Old 09-25-2008, 10:02 AM
KRO

If so in order to run 3s or higher will i need a new esc, such as the mmm or novak.
Yep 2 x 2s batts is all the EVX will take safely . But I have heard the LiPo's still give you more performace than the NiMh batts cause of the lighter weight of the LiPo's and their higher discharge rates .
Old 09-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Snaut Rocket

okay when you say lvc are you talking about a bec or is that a totally different thing.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:11 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

okay when you say lvc are you talking about a bec or is that a totally different thing.
Its a totaly diffrent thing, an LVC is a Low Voltage Cutoff and a BEC is a battery eliminator circuit
Old 09-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Snaut Rocket

can some one post a couple of decent ones.
There not over 50 dollars i hope[:@]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.